What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs. Warriors Discussion + Voting

ranga68

Juniors
I dont get the dislike for Glenn. He's making more runs and metres of any forward bar Parker. He isnt being used for impact in attack this year, seems every time they go to that side of the field the focus is on Reed/Hoffman. Short/quick balls off Wallace brought great results last year, but it doesnt appear they are using that at all now.
Seems he might be the latest player to cop the dissatisfaction cause he's taking the extra hit up (cause we lack go forward in our front row), blunting his effect in other ares.

He is also in the top ten for missed tackles with gillet which is not real good when you look at most of the back rowers in the comp are good defensively.

gUt

Coach
Well I know what it means, just didn't want to say anything if it's meant to be spoiler-free.

user_nat

Coach
That hurts. Possibly more than any other loss this year.
The effort was there. Just couldn't close.

Not hard to feel we were about 1 Hannant short of victory.

renouf

Juniors
Hannant tore his calf in the warm up? Seriously how unlucky are we. And that last pass to Hoffman was no more forward then the pass Darius Boyd threw for James McManus, but we got pulled up for it. Ah that's right, the NRL and referees don't give us ANYTHING.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Won the game on the field but lost it on the scoreboard. Gutted just doesn't describe the feeling right now :(

AceAv

Juniors
hannant out was definitely noticeable. Wtf do They do in WARM ups?

The game was to notch. A real top of the (bottom 8) table clash!

We out played the warriors and the game came down to 2 moments.. Hodges failed kick in the 38th which gave the warriors a quick play and penalty-> try.

And Scott peons right idea horrible aim pass. If that was lockyer it would have bulleted onto Marantas chest and game over. He needed to grubber there a repeat set would have been enough..

If anyone's played rugby league live 2; this game was textbook on how to win playing vs legend ai. Complete your sets. Play field position and DONT throw risky passes other wise the computer intercepts and it's all over.

I don't mind the loss. I just want a team that plays with that much drive and a little better execution to turn up every week for the rest of the season. As long as qld win this year and broncos sign a good half and get yy back for 2014. The footy god's are kind...

Parker had that kick too. Better team lost today.

Parker 3
Wallace 2
Thaiday 1

Dazzat

First Grade
Prince and Wallace were both very good today. Yes, we did just miss that extra forward with Hannant out. Thaiday and Parker were enormous. Gillett OK. Glenn still disappointing.

2013 just doesn't seem to be our year. And I think we can now virtually kiss the finals goodbye.

3. Thaiday
2. Parker
1. Prince (despite that one pass going to Hurrell)

bronco_buddy

Juniors
That's the first Broncos game I've seen in a month (Foxtelless) and I thought Glenn had a great game. As I can't really rate on his form leading into today to say he was still disappointing I think you may be setting the bar a bit high for him.

JamesBrandy

Juniors
I only saw the second half, but Wallace's kicking game really impressed me. Kicking to the corners, finding the turf and turning around the Warriors backs. I also think this is the first time in a long time that we've forced so many repeat sets. Normally on the last tackle it's either McCullough trying to burrow over and not making it or Wallace kicking high and giving the ball away.

It was good to finally see him applying some pressure.

user_nat

Coach
Can't argue with that. Struggling to think of the last time we had a better kicking game than today.

Dazzat

First Grade
That's the first Broncos game I've seen in a month (Foxtelless) and I thought Glenn had a great game. As I can't really rate on his form leading into today to say he was still disappointing I think you may be setting the bar a bit high for him.

Just checked his stats and I guess I just didn't watch closely enough.

116 metres and 35 tackles.

He was a lot more dangerous in attack last year.

Nerd

Bench
Best game I have seen the Broncs play this year. Couldn't understand why Prince didn't grubber or have a go himself instead of floating a speculator pass out towards Maranta.

I'm actually glad Norman is off to Parra. He has started to get into the bad habit of receiving the ball from a kick on the fifth and then instead of charging into the defence to gain maximum distance he drifts across field and picks up a winger. Reminds me of David Peachey.

Without a doubt Thaidays best game of the year besides Origin 2.

3. Thaiday
2. Parker
1. Hoffman