What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 16 vs. Warriors Discussion + Voting

beads6

First Grade
There goes our finals chances unless we go on a very long winning streak. Such a shame. We were the better side.

PM Lockyer

Juniors
I think I sat on my couch in silence for a half hour after that game finished. The better team doesn't always win as was the case in this one.

I don't think there were too many poor performers out there other than a disappointing display from Hala. I know he wasn't out there long but he needs to do more.

Was great to see our forward pack running hard and more so for our kickers to actually find some space!

3. Parker
2. Thaiday
1. Wallace

H-Bomb

Juniors
That stung a little bit. Great game though.
Probably the best game in awhile. Thought Wallace controlled the game really well in the 2nd half, cant remember him having a better game, this year at least.
Also thought it was possibly the first time Wallace and Prince werent confined to one side of the field each, did a bit of roaming made us a little more interesting in attack I think.
3 Parker
2 Thaiday
1 Wallace

Also thought Hoffman was outstanding again, I hope if he gets his number one jersey back he can bring that kind of form, def the most consistent dangerous player in attack.

hooch is crazy

Juniors
Thought Parker had kicked it at first. Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions. Might need a couple of other teams to fade away to sneak into the semis. Hope still burns faint...

3 Parker
2 Thaiday
1 Norman

AceAv

Juniors
Macca really needs to be dropped to the bench/qcup. Hunt was much better I thought. -That fwd pass he made was really costly

Really pissed me off also to see Hodges fail in defense to let the 1st try in and also Norman give up on even trying to tackle the beast that gave them the imprioved kick... A lot of minor things that would have made the difference on the win.

Ah well -Storms looking licked and cam smith may be injured still? hopefully we can get a miracle scalp....

Personally Glenn is one of the best players you have, nothing much in this game could of gone either way.
Prince and Wallace is your concern and until that is fixed all your good forwards will be overworked.

Ph1l

Juniors
Thought Parker had kicked it at first. Talk about a rollercoaster of emotions. Might need a couple of other teams to fade away to sneak into the semis. Hope still burns faint...

I record the games so I can fast forward through the ads and I freeze framed the kick and the ball went between the sticks. I was hoping it would have appeared in the news or something.

AceAv

Juniors
I record the games so I can fast forward through the ads and I freeze framed the kick and the ball went between the sticks. I was hoping it would have appeared in the news or something.

I'm surprised that they only showed the Side angle. But I'm pretty sure the players knew it missed

Kong

Juniors
The immediate reaction of the crowd behind the posts gave it away, unless of course they were all conniving tricksters.

Big Pete

Referee
It missed Ph1l, freeze framing it shows that the right post eclipses the ball and not the other way round. Frustrating that it was the only view we received but that's Sky NZ.

My impression after watching the game is different. Live I was livid, I felt like we lost a game that was ours but really it was a very close game and while we did have the ascendency in the second half I never felt secure. Our defence was too loose and it relieved any pressure we were applying to the Warriors.

Satisfied with the performance but at this stage coming up empty handed simply isn't good enough. Suffice to say, I'm still disappointed and I'm really not looking forward to the next two weeks.

3. Corey Parker
2. Matt Gillett
1. Sam Thaiday

Ph1l

Juniors
That's weird because with the recording I had the ball passed behind the post. I wish I'd kept the game now.

unbreaK

Juniors
Guys.. I just watched the front on shot of the kick in the Broncos v Storm preview, he missed it by at least 10 metres to the right, lol