What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 - Rabbitohs vs Cowboys: Sunday 25th June 4:05pm @Accor Stadium

callmack1

Staff member
Judging by the captain's run on Bunnies TV, we will be 1-17.

Cook and Murray will play, Cody and Tom out there training so are good to go too.

Fantastic news, that makes me feel a lot more confident for tomorrow. This is the strongest team we've been able to run out since Round 11/12.

Travitoh

First Grade
Yep we will be 7th I think going into kick off on Sunday we can’t lose this one if we wanna make the top 4. Losing 3 of the last 4 hasn’t helped us.
Sunday is enormous hopefully the boys are up for it and we get a vocal home crowd! This is simply must win EVERYONE COME SUNDAY FIRE UP!!!! Especially if you’ll be at Accor let’s urge the boys home.

Worst case, we'll be 4th on points earnt. We're currently equal 2nd.

Only Parra and Brisbane are in the 8 with 2 byes still to come like us. Everyone else has recieved an extra 2 points for the bye and after this week, Cronulla will have recieved all 6.

Steenson123

Juniors
This endless banter about Brad and SOO.... Stop it!!
Demetriou should be focused on the recent POOR attitude in defense and poor form of the entire squad. I mean who has played well in the past 4 games??
If this were Bellamy he would have put on a very serious, desperate demeanour. Things are getting desperate and the squad needs to return to the Winner's Circle.

truthslayer

Juniors
While we have cheekam and Cartwright playing I have grave doubts for this match.ILIAS with all that talk during the week needs to step up, and Taafe is a worry at fullback also.

callmack1

Staff member
Feels like it's been a long time, and I guess with the bye, it has been, but game day is finally here!!! After over two weeks now since we last played, we're back at it again this afternoon in a massive, massive game in terms of our Season against the Cowboys. About four weeks ago, we would have probably all marked this down as an easy win but that certainly isn't the case anymore. Far from it.

I don't have the time to do my usual game day post today but definitely gotta say this will be a tough game today. We've fallen into a bit of a slump and the Cowboys have well and truly come out of their slump so I hope the boys aren't taking this lightly. They'll get us if they are. Imperative that we win this one, not only to get our Season back on track, but also for ladder position. A win keeps us in the four, but a loss would see us drop down to 7th or 8th.

I'm confident we can IF, and that's a bit of an if at the moment, we get our game on and get our game right. We all know what we're capable of and I want to see that today. With the side we've named, I'm confident we should do that so there are no more excuses.

I'm very nervous for this one but also super pumped! Go get em today boys!!

Glory, Glory.

Thumper

Juniors
This endless banter about Brad and SOO.... Stop it!!
Demetriou should be focused on the recent POOR attitude in defense and poor form of the entire squad. I mean who has played well in the past 4 games??
If this were Bellamy he would have put on a very serious, desperate demeanour. Things are getting desperate and the squad needs to return to the Winner's Circle.
I’ve heard no one from south’s talk about Brad besides you.

Rabbits20

Immortal

Well here we are guys after the bye a much needed bye it was now the start of our run home begins 3 blocks in the this next lot is the first task and it starts today what are enormous game this is for us back at home absolutely massive must win to get back up to 4th otherwise will slide to 7th or 8th. I feel today is must win. There is no two ways about it we have hit a bit of slump losing 3 of our last 4 to be 9 and 6. We have gone away from that defensive mindset our standards have slipped and we need to find it back and that starts today. We really must lift in intensity and all areas of today. It won’t be an easy game that’s for sure the Cowboys have been playing some good footy winning 4 of their last 6 I think they’re playing a good attacking brand of footy and getting back to some of that form of last year. They’re also in the battle for the top 8 so they’ll see today as must win and will be coming down to get the 2 points.

Looking more at the Cowboys Drinky is in sensational form, they have good speed in the backs and threats in Holmes and Tuilagi, Dearden and Robson also are threats in the spine and they have a strong solid pack too in Cotter, Nanai etc……. For us still no Trell but Ta’affe I’ll do his best at the back he won’t lose us the game he will do a safe job and we all need to get behind him. Getting Tom and Cody back are big ins for us very important and having Cookie and Murray back up. In fact I think both teams origin boys are all backing up.

The keys for us today as I touched on already will be defence this must greatly improve we need to work hard for one another. I wanna see desperation and working hard for one another and good line speed. In attack we need to be patient build pressure play the field position game. I believe we have enough points in us if our defence is on. Stopping the offloads will be important to WRAP THE BALL UP SOUTHS DONT LET EM OFFLOAD!!! Our forwards need to lift in intensity as well and I’m sure they know that. The crowd us members and fans must also lift Sunday Arvo no better time for footy!

Ok not long til the players make their way out onto Accor Stadium on this Sunny but chilly afternoon great to see so much red and green in the stands this arvo a win today would mean we hold our spot in that top 4. Let’s all make plenty of noise make sure everyone here and at home knows this is a South Sydney home game and South Sydney home turf. Lets be that 18th man for our boys.

……….. Rabbitohs members and Rabbitohs supporters please give a warm South Sydney welcome onto South Sydney home turf the North Queensland Cowboys………….

10, 9, 8, 7, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1………….

OK RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND RABBITOHS SUPPORTERS ITS TIME TO GET ON YOUR FFFEEEETTTTTT….. SHOW THE COLOURS CLAP YA HANDS STAMP YA FEET AND SCREAM YOUR LUNGS OUT HERE THEY COME YOUR SOUTH SYDNEY RABBITOHS!!!

HAVE A LOOK GERRY GET EM ONSIDE………

SIX AGAIN BBBBBOOOOOOOOO SECOND EFFORT PULL YOUR WHISTLE OUT OF YOUR ARSE…

HOW LONG CAN THEY HOLD ON FOR BBBBOOOOOOOOOOOO

FORWARD PASS TOUCHIE BBBBBOOOOOO BBBBOOOOOO

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

callmack1

Staff member
Game time! Far out I'm nervous.

We just need this so friggin bad. Got to snap out of this slump, got to get our Season back on track, and that simply HAS to start this afternoon!

Not gonna be easy but we can do this!!! Lessssgooooo get it lads!

Glory, Glory.

Hellray

Juniors
Not a great first half. Not sure what Ilas was thinking but wow kid needs to pull his head out of his ass with those type of plays

Travitoh

First Grade
That half was like watching NSW in attack all over again. So clunky. Latrell's absence really highlights how much we rely on Cody to create and opposition teams know this. We should find a way to enter the Ben Hunt race for the rest of the season. Ilias is fine but he needs time in reserve grade to actually run the team.

Thumper

Juniors
We are gonna blame the half back. Seriously. Do you bloke know anything about rugby league. South’s forwards were pedestrian. 5/6 of our top metre runners are back. Besides Cam none of them have gotten involved.

Hellray

Juniors
We are gonna blame the half back. Seriously. Do you bloke know anything about rugby league. South’s forwards were pedestrian. 5/6 of our top metre runners are back. Besides Cam none of them have gotten involved.
I am blaming the halfback for the 3rd tackle chip over the top to a winger that didn’t know what was happening that lead to the field goal.

the game in general is a disaster as yes the forwards aren’t aiming up or running hard. Too many times are our defenders left behind the play the ball after a tackle is made

Travitoh

First Grade
f**k me. This is just like watching NSW all over again. Pathetic start to the second half