What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 - v Dolphins

TruSaint

Referee
We are ahead of the donkeys on the ladder, how good!

Yep,

We are miles off being contenders, however we also miles ahead of the last few years. To me, the best thing about today's game was keeping them to 6 points.

I must have said it 10 times, during the game, but Im a massive fan of Liddle. He is a fricken gutsy, hard working and smart hooker.

Last edited:
Was at the ground today as I always am at Jubilee

The boys tackled there hearts out all game

Only 1 lapse of concentration in the first half

Many last ditch tackles

Young Sloan was sound under the high back

Forwards barring Lawrie were very good

have no problem with Coachman, Leilua and co attempting offloads. We desperately need second phase ball.

excellent effort from the backs.

Special mention the Fegai twins who played their hearts out and were injured.

Hunt lacks the speed to play in the halves.

Young Flanno needs to practice his goal kicking.

was very happy with the effort and concentration today. We competed for 80 minutes today.

blacksafake

First Grade
I was disapointed with Toby trying to offload early in the second half when we where getting on a roll.

But, ben thriwing the ball down in a hissy fit was bad form.

He needs to work on that, being the leader. If it was a senior forward, go hard.
It wasn’t a good look, that’s for sure but I wouldn’t like to see Toby not being encouraged not to offload.

jeffdragon

Bench
I wasn't confident going into the 2nd half.
But it's either rocks or diamonds for us today diamonds.
Our pack was great.
Scoring and setting up tries.
Hunt wasmt great in attack i thought.
In the 8 for at least a week.
Was hoping Dogs or Cowboys would lose to to go higher up the ladder but not to be .
Main thing us we got the 2 points.

matPORTS

Juniors
That was an important win, given where we were on the ladder prior to the game and what we've got in front of us over the next five weeks. If we can knab a minimum of two out of the next five, we'd be doing really well.

We are competing for 7th & 8th spot - but could still very easily finish as low as 14th (especially if the Rabbitohs start coming home with a wet sail).

The team is trending in the right direction, and is starting to re-build it's identity and character. Would be a bit disappointed now if we capitulate and don't do much for the rest of the year.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
And currently a very ordinary half

Predictable

Lacks speed

ordinary kicking game

rather than blow up at Coachman or the player that dropped the pass, he needs to support his team mates and encourage them

He has Sloan constantly lurking about. Grubber or chip kick for him rather than constantly bomb.
We win that game by a lot more with a different halfback.

I'm sorry as I think I make my dislike of Bunt for his actions quite known, but it's a fact that most of the time he takes the wrong option. Like with RFMs try I thought that it was the wrong option. It was just RFMs hard running that got him over. That's not me denying hunt any credit as he did do a few good things today. But he's a shit halfback.