What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 v Titans

Scotty03

Juniors
I hate ciraldo but imo there was a couple of strong hit ups in there. Newton had his best game in a long time.
Having said that I would love to see vtk cherro or latimore included much more exciting prospects.

Yeah I know what your saying....both Ciraldo and Newton had their best games in a while. But imo that's still nowhere good enough.

Not when you have the talent we have in Windsor.

If it's the tier cap issue then i'd keep Simpkins and replace Ciraldo with Latimore like maple said.

franklin2323

Immortal
When Docker comes back next week. Latimore also we wont be so bad. Though we are still winning. No Moylan we lose so we need 2nd tier for him

mxlegend99

Referee
Latimore and Docker are part of the top 25 aren't they? So when fit they can come straight back in and interchanged with the other top 25 players as we please. Shouldn't affect our second tier salary cap at all.

Matt Moylan is hopefully able to play the remainder of the season now that we released a couple of players. But I think there will always be doubt over him while Wes Naiqama is fit.

Scotty03

Juniors
Well Wes is playing for Windsor this weekend isn't he?

That should be a positive sign for us that Moylan has still been named for FG.

Here's hoping it stays that way.

Kilkenny

Coach
Given our injury toll and those who have all figured in the top grade this season I have largely no idea any more who was or wasn't part of our top 25 if there is in fact such a thing.

Pleased for Ryan Simpkins to see him get another opportunity and perform as well as he has given it really shows our depth and what we are working towards as a club. There are other's waiting in the wings who aren't going to get a shot this season but are surely going to be competing for a spot next season Cherrington but one.

I am always positive even when things have been dire as they have been at various times since 2005 but the culture within our club at the moment really seems to be a positive one.

I don't expect to make the eight this season but a win against the Titans backed up by another against the Eels at least may give us slight hope of sneaking into 7th or 8th. Please give us positive results in the next two weeks to keep our season alive.

PinkPanther

Juniors
Naiqama wasn't named on the team sheet. Simpkins drops to the bench and Docker starts at lock. Newton is starting for Brown.

Panther Pete

Juniors
We have to stop dropping the ball. Matt Moylan has now dropped it 3 times in the first half. We are making good meters up the middle but now another drop ball on the first tackle just before half time!!!!

Last edited:

Panther Pete

Juniors
David Simmons 2 tries, James Roberts 3 tries even Luke Walsh gets his first for the season!! After this win we will be in 6 th spot on the ladder. Go the Panthers!!!!!!

chrisD

Coach
Whare and Tighe were great. Newton was pedestrian with the ball and made a bad mistake but he made several massive tackles when the game was in the balance, he used to get caught out occasionally with lazy covering from the inside but he was big tonight. Tighe bringing down MiniMark on the goal line in the 2nd or 3rd minute was massive. Walsh and Segs were great up the middle. Hopefully Moylan rebounds next week.

I liked Tighe and Roberts both coming out the one time they were outnumbered, they put enough pressure on the passes to slow the play down enough for the cover to come across. It's what we haven't been doing, or not doing well or as a team, but something we will have to learn to do on both sides as all the top defences do.

Some good stats out of the game.
Plum over 200m at more than 10m/run, no errors. 16 tackles none missed, no penalties.
Docker, Kinga and Grant all over 20 tackles none missed.
Roberts, Tighe and Whare all over 100m.

If we didn't drop that game against the Tigers or didn't have Manu and Plum defending beside each other out of that scrum against Newcastle we'd be in the top four and probably finish the round in 5th.

Last edited:

franklin2323

Immortal
We had to win & got the job done. Great to see us so high so late in the season. Though Parra is a danger game this week.

Graftonpanther

Juniors
Great win, Moylan will bounce back I am sure, his efforts in attack more than made up for his off night with catching the bombs.

Roberts is looking as good as everyone on here has said he is, what a pickup from Souths for us.

Overall very good team performance nothing to complain about there.

The thing I like about us as a team nowadays is that when we are behind on the scoreboard we don't give up like we used to. We seem to relish the challenge of getting on top of other teams.

Next week Parra without Hayne, he always seems to be the one Parra player that helps them beat us, but we should win well to improve our for and against.

Still with Brown and Manu to come back into the team, we are looking good.

Good team win.

MrAnonymous

Bench
How the f**k has Tighe got so good all of a sudden ?
A rock in defense and looked like breaking the line every time he touched it.
complete opposite of what we have seen in the past

meek

Juniors
Great Effort
Tighe and Roberts and Whare where outstanding
Simmons usual steady self
Not sure where this sort of effort leaves Mansour - he will certainly need to do something special at Windsor to get back in with the boys playing as good as last night.
Altho I bet Mansours cheer squad will find a way to bag poor old simmo in the vain hope the chosen one gets his spot back.
Cant wait to here it -