1. Origin I Edition OUT NOW:

The latest issue of The Front Row, our exclusive online e-magazine and match programme for next week's State of Origin opener and upcoming Super League matches!

As the interstate rivalry amps up in the NRL post-season for the first time, Paul Jobber talks to Boyd Cordner as the Blues skipper aims for a NSW three-peat, while Rick Edgerton looks at how Origin will unfold in a post-COVID world. League-mad fans Mark Thierry and Emile El-Azar share their lives in locked-down Victoria during the COVID-disrupted year and Andrew Ferguson looks at how the Storm and Roosters of the current era compare with the great dynasties of years gone by.

Add to that all the regular features you've come to expect - the Origin match programme along with teamlists and details for the week's Super League matches - and you have one fantastic 32-page magazine! Happy reading!

EDITION 23 - READ NOW!

Guest, click here to read online or download your free PDF copy

Round 17 vs Cowboys

Discussion in 'St George Illawarra Dragons' started by getsmarty, Aug 28, 2020.

1. jeffdragon

jeffdragon Juniors

At least I know the results.
    The outcome won't keep me in suspense.

Dragon David likes this.
  2. Como Connection

Como Connection Bench

BB the only positive tonight, looked good to me.
    CC

3. Inisai Toga

Inisai Toga Juniors

Should have wrapped the game up by half time. Both wingers dropped the ball with the line wide open.
    But then again most of the team are rocks and diamond players. The back 3 have their good moments but you pray whenever the ball goes their way despite their efforts. Irrespective of Young's ability as a coach, he was never going to change this squad around in 3 weeks.

Dragon David likes this.
  4. jeffdragon

jeffdragon Juniors

Also how many times do we let bombs bounce?
    It never ends good.
    But in that cows try,dunn was offside inside the ten and got Involved touching host
    But video said that's ok.
    But we've lost to a team who lost 9 in a row, no JT or Morgan their two best players, and had more ball last week than in two games.and lost.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
    Gareth67, Dragon David and Tuddy like this.
  5. saintly1996

saintly1996 Juniors

Yeah but you can still put your body on the line

Drewbrees and Gareth67 like this.
  6. Blood Shot Eyes

Blood Shot Eyes Bench

Couldn't sum it up better myself......Hunt $1.2 mill a year for passing the pill....and hes getting lazier and lazier.....while Mcinness is getting smashed every carry because their playing him like a front rower.....and Norman a 40 minute player if your lucky....Duftys game has gone to shit and his defence is diabolical....that will do me for starters....god help the new coach because he hasnt got much to work with

7. Inisai Toga

Inisai Toga Juniors

So.., their at about our standard. Also been coached like their robots the last few years. Score line exactly what thought it would be. My point is it should have been all over by half time.

8. jeffdragon

jeffdragon Juniors

The only positive we have only 3 more weeks of watching this shit and we can get on with our lives.

9. RedVDave

RedVDave Bench

It's a good result IMO rules out Dean Young landing the head coaching gig.

Wooden spoon battle is now only between dogs and Bronx.

I would love to finally see some of the untried guys get a run let's hope our crap for brains coach makes it happen.
    Seriously what is the point of continuing to play Aitken? JP? Norman? Frizzel?

10. jeffdragon

jeffdragon Juniors

I agree ht should have been done.How many times have we said that and lost
    Hundreds in my count.

11. Dragonsdiehard

Dragonsdiehard Juniors

I echo Deano’s opening comments at the press conference...”Different day, same sh*t.“
    what an abominable performance. Our spine tonight - halves in particular- were utterly spineless!

12. Wittenberg

Wittenberg Juniors

On a ‘positive’ note I thought Ford and Host played well, and I have been critical of those two in the past, Ellis also gives his all and makes some impact. Brittan has potential but I’ve given up on Kerr. Lawrie drives me crazy. One moment he powers ahead, mixes it with the rough stuff and is effective in defence, the next he is mistake ridden, ponderous and constantly on the edge of giving penalties away. I’ve worked it out though. He can be impressive when we are not in our quarter. Close to our line he is a problem.

13. Inisai Toga

Inisai Toga Juniors

Too many! It’s amazing to think that we are playing in the same comp as the Melbourne vs Souths game the other night. Melbourne NEVER fail to execute the fundamentals like Saints do.

14. Gareth67

Gareth67 First Grade

Agree - pull in the young guns for the next 2 games and give them that much needed NRL top grade experience .

Come the final game of the season , replace the young blokes with our usual 1st graders and allow them to get the crap bashed out of them by the Storm monsters . Especially Norman , who knows they may knock some footy sense into him ?

Last edited: Sep 6, 2020
  15. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

Just not good as simple as that!

Gareth67 likes this.
  16. Dragon Revival

Dragon Revival Juniors

Pereira needs to be dropped as his lack of speed is alarming. Pereira bombed a try along with Ravalawa. Our forwards are weak and will not get any better. Our backs lack skills and talent. Why have the Feagais and Ramsey been been ignored?

George Dragon and Dragon David like this.
  17. qld redvee

qld redvee Juniors

norman just doesnt run hard just ambles and what was his go tonight constantly having a go at the players when plays went wrong - not like he sets plays up and shows his value . Thought Hunt played wide in attack and I thought he must have been playing half so this didnt help our already pedestrian attack. Tyrell 5 minutes absolute joke and how long did Brittain get but he did get the attack on the front foot. Lawrie once again gassed but kept on the field . Dufty absolutely hopeless defence and we wont mention norman and a 40 metre attempt at field goal in golden point !! Dont know what young does BUT he must make changes as players arent performing to the creed he laid down before his first game. Dont know why Lomax isnt seeing any ball and I would really like to see a forward charge onto the ball to take it up instead of our flat footed approach. can just imagine the plane trip back after that effort the players should have to bus it back !!!!!! as mentioned a team losing 9 on the trot doesnt have any pressure put on them and eventually gets the win over us .. We need a bloody long offseason under our new coach not to mention a few new buys Unbelievable tonight we just seem to get worse and worse

18. Dragon David

Dragon David Juniors

I'm going to say it again because it feels good to say it. Our players just are not good enough. Just as simple as that! To me they are NSW Cup players and that's what they are thinking themselves.

19. gitano

gitano Juniors

Ok zoomer

SBD82 likes this.
  20. hazzbeen

hazzbeen Bench

He can't be any different , he has been in the system too long ....