What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs. Eels Discussion + Voting

Country Bronco

Juniors
We all know that you need more than just speed to make it.
You probably haven't seen enough of Gagai because he is exactly how you described Hodges - swerve, guile, step, evasiveness.

With all due respect. How much of Gagai have you seen?

Mr Fourex

Bench
1. Matt Gillett
2. Andrew Mccullough (best game so far this year)
3. Dane Gagai/Gerald Beale

Where to put all players next game?????????
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Jahral Yow Yeh
3. Gerald Beale
4. Justin Hodges
5. Dane Gagai
6. Darren Lockyer
7. Peter Wallace
8. Ben Hannant
9. Andrew Mccullough
10. Corey Parker
11. Alex Glenn
12. Sam Thaiday
13. Matt Gillett

14. Jack Reed
15. Scott Anderson
16. Josh Mcquire
17. Ben Teo

I don't mind the Reed to bench, Beale to centre switch you've done. As we've seen Reed can play in the forwards or in the backs. An ideal bench player.

Although I'd rather Thaiday to prop and Parker to 2nd row, but again

I'm not totally adverse to it.

IBA

Juniors
Reed is a far better center than Beale.

1. Hoffman
2. Beale
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Baptiste
15. T'eo
16. Hala
17. McGuire

I get feeling Anderson will get the nod over Hala, he makes a lot more tackles but does nothing in attack...

whykickamoocow

Juniors
Reed is a far better center than Beale.

1. Hoffman
2. Beale
3. Reed
4. Hodges
5. Yow Yeh
6. Lockyer
7. Wallace
8. Hannant
9. McCullough
10. Thaiday
11. Glenn
12. Gillett
13. Parker

14. Baptiste
15. T'eo
16. Hala
17. McGuire

I get feeling Anderson will get the nod over Hala, he makes a lot more tackles but does nothing in attack...

+1

qld aussie

Juniors
Oops jus realised had around wrong way

3. Matt Gillett
2. Andrew Mccullough (best game so far this year)
1. Dane Gagai/Gerald Beale

Wilfred

Juniors
I enjoyed the game a lot

3. Gillet
2. Gagai
1. Hoffman (was 4 others i would have liked to give a point to)

no_try

Juniors
With all due respect. How much of Gagai have you seen?

I was a health ed teacher in Mackay for 6 years.
Hoffman, Ben Barba, Gagai all played in the same team.
Hoffman was less skilled of the three but he was definitely the toughest and trained the hardest.
Barba was like most indigenous kids in the region, great on his feet, he only knew one thing and that was attack. Didn't like to get tackled lol.
Gagai was the laziest of the three and was also the softest.
However, Gagai was the most talented of the three. He was great on his feet, he could kick, he could pass on both sides. He set up tries, he scored them, he converted them.
Side note. Dane's dad Ray Gagai still works in North Queensland as recruitment officer for the Broncos.

Country Bronco

Juniors
Hoffman was less skilled of the three but he was definitely the toughest and trained the hardest.
Barba was like most indigenous kids in the region, great on his feet, he only knew one thing and that was attack. Didn't like to get tackled lol.
However, Gagai was the most talented of the three. He was great on his feet, he could kick, he could pass on both sides. He set up tries, he scored them, he converted them.
Side note. Dane's dad Ray Gagai still works in North Queensland as recruitment officer for the Broncos.

Well, welcome to this forum. I look forward to hearing your opinon in the future. The stalking allegations will cease immediately.:)

Southern Cross

Juniors
I think Gagai & Hoffman are the makings of talented players they will be given every opportunity under this current Bronco system not sure about Barba maybe needs a change of club but to the BRONCOS.Hey NO TRY what position did Hoffman play most at Juniors?? to me he looks like he might go alright at No6

icewind

Juniors

A far out mathematical theory here, but; could it be that the name "Dane" + "Broncos" = unfulfilled potential?

no_try

Juniors
I think Gagai & Hoffman are the makings of talented players they will be given every opportunity under this current Bronco system not sure about Barba maybe needs a change of club but to the BRONCOS.Hey NO TRY what position did Hoffman play most at Juniors?? to me he looks like he might go alright at No6

Hoffman played in the 1. Barba played halfback while Gagai played 6.
Side note. In commentary on Friday night Sterlo mentioned how Daniel Anderson thought Eels young gun Pat O'Hanlon was the best young player he has seen in 20 years. Pat O'Hanlon also played in same team as Hoffman, Barba, Gagai.

IBA

Juniors
Do you think Gagai was a better 6 than a winger? I don't see him being an NRL winger yet and I'm open to options for other number 6s...

no_try

Juniors
He never played wing in his juniors. It wasn't until he played under 20s for the Broncos.
When he got the scholarship to play GPS rugby he played mostly inside centre and some fly half.
When I saw him play back in Mackay he reminded me of how Mundine played. He would always try to get on the outside of his opponent to create an overlap. And unlike most kids at that age, he actually passed the ball. In saying that he'll need to improve his defense and muscle up.
Side note. Anyone still remember Rodney Davies? He was on the Broncos books for a couple of years. He scored a scored a hat trick on the weekend in the Super 14 semi.
He is a genuine speedster. Surprised he doesn't hold the 40m record at the Broncos. That's why I think you can't look too much into these tests.
We all hear stories about players being ex sprinters but never see any evidence.
He is some footage of Rodney Davies in a 100m dash
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WtpAlLBwyY8

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Davies didn't even stand out playing for Norths. Just another ordinary league player who went to a shit sport where there's no defence.

no_try

Juniors
I never said Davies was a good player. Just pointing out he is one of the quickest to ever be at the club.
I was surprised to see Yow Yeh catch Hayne.
I never rated Yow Yeh to be super quick.
Then again the player chasing always runs a bit harder.

blaza88z

Coach
To be honest it was in the media that he was ill and had lost 6kgs, that's always going to help with running fast.

Latest posts