What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs. Eels Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Last night's win draws us level with 2010's success with 8 games to play.

I thought the win truly came from the character of the side. When we rolled up our sleeves and took the game into a grind we were the better side. As Griffen put it, the boys had to basically win the game twice after Parramatta had all the momentum and the ability of the side to calm things down was great.

With all this said, how many of you are fans of NRL footy during the Origin season? Personally I dislike these Origin affected games and feel it's a mockery of the standard of football the NRL should be played at.

Also good on Parra for their work with women in league...but that jersey was an eye sore. And this is coming from a Broncos fan who's had to watch us wear the aqua blue jerseys of the early 00's. brrrrr.......

While I didn't include him in my votes, I agree with Seagulls that Beale played well last night. Of course he was only up against a rookie but I thought he played well against Gasnier not too long ago and I'm really happy with his progress so far in 2011. What are some of your thoughts Brisbane fans?

Big Pete

Referee
What did Gagai do? He got smashed everytime he ran when he wasn't scoring.

Not true.

Took a difficult bomb and then marched us up 30m.

Finished a good try when he still had work to do.

Scored the 100m try that basically only he could have scored in the club.

His work out of dummy half was inconsistent but for the large part he had a good game.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Not true.

Took a difficult bomb and then marched us up 30m.

Finished a good try when he still had work to do.

Scored the 100m try that basically only he could have scored in the club.

His work out of dummy half was inconsistent but for the large part he had a good game.

Kidding yourself. There was 3 blokes jogging on his inside. Besides the bomb, he was generally bent backwards. Hurt his ribs at the end of the game.

Big Pete

Referee
Burt would have caught either.

Gagai streaked away from everybody making it impossible to be caught.

In a tight scoring game, points are of the premium and Gagai played a big part in scoring half of them.

AceAv

Juniors
Oh god what a night! Did I dream that!?

I think you guys are a bit harsh on Reed. He actually took a hospital pass early and was never 100% henceforth.. Then had to basically take on the lock role when Gillet ran outta steam! He made a good couple of try savers and still threatened all over the park. Just didn't have the razor sharp precision tonight -but this kids gonna be in Origin come 2013!

I think you guys are right about Gaigai -When he beefs and gets more 1st grade exp, he is gonna rape & pillage.

I am usually the first to bag Wallace and I payed extra attention to him tonight to add to my arsenol, and besides a few poor kicks/passes. He actually orchestrated a decent game and he HAD to have been practicing his conversions because they won us the game! I watched him make some great crucial tackles too and that is a huge importance from a 7.

Norman played a little more like he wants the number 6..

Hard to pick my 3,2,1 because I feel the broncos all played for eachother and defense and patience vs the slippery fingered eels got us through!

3.Gagai
2. Gillet
1.McCollough

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Burt would have caught either.

Gagai streaked away from everybody making it impossible to be caught.

In a tight scoring game, points are of the premium and Gagai played a big part in scoring half of them.

Think you need to watch the replay champ. Burt wasn't even the closest Eels chaser. Beale came from 10m behind him and ended up 15m in front. Another Bronco in support ran past Burt too. Any of those blokes could have scored the try.

Big Pete

Referee
Watching the replay fair point although I stand by the original point that Gagai made it a foregone formality and I don't believe the likes of Beale or Copley would have gone the length.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Watching the replay fair point although I stand by the original point that Gagai made it a foregone formality and I don't believe the likes of Beale or Copley would have gone the length.

Beale's quicker than Gagai over 40 and 100 and he's carrying more weight.

Big Pete

Referee
Look at the footage, Gagai was streaking away from Beale even before he gave up on support.

IBA

Juniors
Beale was surprisingly quick up the inside, especially the first 20, but Gagai looked to outrun him.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Look at the footage, Gagai was streaking away from Beale even before he gave up on support.

Because he didn't have the f**king ball! What's the point in wasting f**king energy? He supported him and made ground on him early but then realised he was going to make it. I think it was Keating who was chasing. He was just trying to force Gagai wider. No one with any pace was actually chasing Gagai.

Big Pete

Referee
Because he didn't have the f**king ball! What's the point in wasting f**king energy? He supported him and made ground on him early but then realised he was going to make it. I think it was Keating who was chasing. He was just trying to force Gagai wider. No one with any pace was actually chasing Gagai.

Must have given up on the halfway line because that's when Gagai started pulling away from him.

user_nat

Coach
Bit much to call out people for giving Gagai votes when you gave Beale a vote Seagulls.

I'm not saying Beale was bad, I just don't see how he is any more deserving.

Last edited:

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Why is my post about Beale being the quickest being deleted? At least I can't see it. Big Pete can't hack being wrong?

Latest posts