What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs. Eels Discussion + Voting

Seagullsrock

Juniors
I never said Davies was a good player. Just pointing out he is one of the quickest to ever be at the club.
I was surprised to see Yow Yeh catch Hayne.
I never rated Yow Yeh to be super quick.
Then again the player chasing always runs a bit harder.

Hayne's not quick though. He took an intercept against the Cows a few seasons back and Scott Bolton was making ground on him.

no_try

Juniors
I dunno. Turner from rugby beat him easily in the Gatorade race.

Hayne came second in the race. He beat Barba, Morris, and the overweight Inglis.
Turner is one of the fastest in Austalian rugby.
Hayne isn't slow. He has showed his speed in plenty of games.
If Hayne isn't quick, then what does it make Beale?
I put my house on Hayne in a footrace with Beale.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Hayne came second in the race. He beat Barba, Morris, and the overweight Inglis.
Turner is one of the fastest in Austalian rugby.
Hayne isn't slow. He has showed his speed in plenty of games.
If Hayne isn't quick, then what does it make Beale?
I put my house on Hayne in a footrace with Beale.

I never said Hayne was slow, I said he wasn't quick which doesn't mean he's slow. He's just around the speed of most NRL wingers/centre. He's nowhere near the quick blokes like Uate etc. Hayne didn't come second either. He was 3rd behind another suburban rah rah player.

Beale is faster than Hayne over 40. Testing has proven that. Dunno why you're all so obsessed with speed anyway. Guys that run fast don't necessarily make good rugby league players. Look at Steve Michaels/Aaron Barba/Shannon Walker.

no_try

Juniors
I never said Hayne was slow, I said he wasn't quick which doesn't mean he's slow. He's just around the speed of most NRL wingers/centre. He's nowhere near the quick blokes like Uate etc. Hayne didn't come second either. He was 3rd behind another suburban rah rah player.

Beale is faster than Hayne over 40. Testing has proven that. Dunno why you're all so obsessed with speed anyway. Guys that run fast don't necessarily make good rugby league players. Look at Steve Michaels/Aaron Barba/Shannon Walker.

You are kidding yourself if you think Beale is faster than Hayne over 40.
What time did Beale set for the 40?
What time did Hayne set for the 40?

Seagullsrock

Juniors
You are kidding yourself if you think Beale is faster than Hayne over 40.
What time did Beale set for the 40?
What time did Hayne set for the 40?

My figures were based off Beale's pre season testing and Hayne's first 40 in the Gatorade race. Beale was 0.87 seconds quicker which is a fair margin over 40m.

no_try

Juniors
My figures were based off Beale's pre season testing and Hayne's first 40 in the Gatorade race. Beale was 0.87 seconds quicker which is a fair margin over 40m.

What was Beale exact time for the 40? What were the times for the top 5 Broncos? Link?
And how did you get Hayne's 40 time from the Gatorade race?

no_try

Juniors
Are you trying to tell me Beale is almost one second quicker than Hayne in the first 40m? This kind of acceleration is unheard of.
0.87 seconds difference?!! You do know how big a margain that is over only 40 meters?

Mr Fourex

Bench
a lot......
dontknow.gif

no_try

Juniors
I will show you.

2yun8lf.jpg

The guy in blue is Turner. He won the race in 11.10
Let's pretend he is Beale.
The guy coming last in the picture, he ran 11.99
Let's pretend he is Hayne.

The differene between Beale and Hayne in this particular race is .89
seconds.

Now this race was over 100 meters.

According to Seagullsrock this is the sort of margin Beale has over Hayne in a 40m sprint.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
I will show you.

2yun8lf.jpg

The guy in blue is Turner. He won the race in 11.10
Let's pretend he is Beale.
The guy coming last in the picture, he ran 11.99
Let's pretend he is Hayne.

The differene between Beale and Hayne in this particular race is .89
seconds.

Now this race was over 100 meters.

According to Seagullsrock this is the sort of margin Beale has over Hayne in a 40m sprint.

LOL, you can't extrapolate a margin distance from 40m to 100m you goose. Hayne could be over 1 second slower in the first 40 then make up ground over the last 60. If Beale is continually 0.89 quicker, he will obviously continue to establish a gap over the further they run. IF you look at Hayne run, he takes a fair while to wind up. He may be quicker than Beale once he gets going but as I said with the figures, he's not over 40. 11.20 for the 100 isn't that quick anyway. There's kids in secondary school that break 11 easily. There's markings on the track to determine Hayne's first 40 BTW.Perhaps you should learn some maths because you start making stupid comments.

IBA

Juniors
His maths is right. mate. That's the distance (roughly) he traveled in .89 of a second. Hence, if someone is winning my that margin, that is the distance.

If you're running at 11.20 for 100m, then .89 of a second is equivalent to 7.94 meters. There is no way Beale would be Hayne by 8 meters over a 40 meter dash.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
His maths is right. mate. That's the distance (roughly) he traveled in .89 of a second. Hence, if someone is winning my that margin, that is the distance.

If you're running at 11.20 for 100m, then .89 of a second is equivalent to 7.94 meters. There is no way Beale would be Hayne by 8 meters over a 40 meter dash.

No it's not because that 7.94 figure is just the average and is assuming Hayne runs at the same speed the whole 100m. He is obviously going to be slower in the first 40 than he is in the last 60. That distance between them is also only right if Hayne was running 0.89 quicker at that time which is highly doubtful considering Hayne was probably going much quicker than the bloke running second last in the last 10m.

Seagullsrock

Juniors
Hayne may be quicker than Beale over 100 but from the evidence available, he's not quicker over 40. Hayne didn't have a great start in that Gatorade and seems to take a while to wind up in games. From that Parramatta game, Beale was definitely quickest over that first 40 or 50 he ran when was in support (as in his running alone).

IBA

Juniors
They were your figures that Beale was .87 seconds faster over 40 meters... I don't even know what you think you're arguing anymore.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Beale was faster over 40, 100 or both, but you figure that he is .87 seconds faster over 40 meters is what was underfire...

Seagullsrock

Juniors
They were your figures that Beale was .87 seconds faster over 40 meters... I don't even know what you think you're arguing anymore.

It wouldn't surprise me at all if Beale was faster over 40, 100 or both, but you figure that he is .87 seconds faster over 40 meters is what was underfire...

All along I've argued he's quicker over 40 not 100. I used the best figures I could find to compare.

Latest posts