What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 17 vs. Sharks Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
Will we have a team left?

Hodges, Civoniceiva, Thaiday, Parker, Hannant, Te'o & Gillett are all likely to be selected in the Maroons squad & then there's the residents game which will basically include the majority of our Q Cup players. Hopefully they receive a reprieve & allowed to play for the boys but gee, we'd be doing it bloody tough if they couldn't.

Predicted Line-Up

1. Josh Hoffman
2. Lachlan Maranta*
3. Jack Reed
4. Gerard Beale
5. Dale Copley
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Scott Anderson**
11. Alex Glenn
12. Mitchell Dodds
13. Dunamis Lui

14. Ben Hunt
15. Jarrod Wallace*
16. Nick Slyney*
17. Brandon Gibb*

*Could be busy with Origin duty.
** Might still be unavailable due to injury

If they're unavailable I reckon they'll bring in...

2. Aaron Whichurch
10. Mitchell Frei
15. Matt Smith
16. Chris Binge
17. Caleb Timu

I don't think it will get to that point, I believe the residents will be allowed to play & either Gillett or Te'o will be available but gee we're looking very skinny against an experienced pack like the Sharks.

Genius Freak

Juniors
Sharks have a TERRIBLE record in Brisbane, but with so many Broncos out, I will be extremely disappointed if we don't win even with Gallen and Carney missing.

Bretto

Bench
Sharks have done it before without Gallen, against Melbourne earlier in the year. I think they had Carney then though? Not sure. Again, I'll say I'm not overly confident in the hope I can once again trick karma into a win for the Broncs.

Vol-Crane-O

Juniors
Far out, that is a light looking squad. I guess we'll find out about some of them today (Te'o & Gillett)

IBA

Juniors
So they named a 20 man squad... When do they reveal who are the 18th, 19th and 20th? Looks like there is 2 of Slater, Neilson and Bowen to drop out and a second rower to sit out as well - probably Te'o or Taylor?

Big Pete

Referee
Broncos team to play Sharks, this Friday at Suncorp Stadium:
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Lachlan Maranta
3. Jack Reed
4. Gerard Beale
5. Dale Copley
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Mitchell Dodds
11. Alex Glenn (c)
12. Brendon Gibb
13. Dunamis Lui
Reserves:
14. Ben Hunt
15. Aaron Whitchurch
16. Jarrod Wallace
17. Nick Slyney
18. Kurt Baptiste

http://www.broncos.com.au/news-displ...ung-Guns/58023

So what are the rules with the residents game exactly?

NRL needs to look at this sort of stuff.

Anyway hope it's a good game and my team shows up with their heads screwed on.
They didn't after the bye last time.

Your young blokes always show up and rip in so I'm not at all confident of a sharks victory.

Big Pete

Referee
Baptiste? One of Norman/Wallace/McC/Hunt in doubt?

Unsure, we might hear more later in the week.

I just think it's a 'thinking of you selection' when really he should be there infront of Hunt as the back up dummy half. Baptiste is one of the most lethal players in the QCup and one of the best not to be playing first grade in the game right now. I hear Canberra might be interested in him which would be a shame from a Broncos POV but probably the best move for Kurt as Macca is in the long term plans of the club.

Speaking of QCup & lethal players, Seagulls why isn't anyone interested in Granville? He's been one of competition's better players yet I haven't heard peep about him. Am I seeing things or is he just a well kept secret?

Back to the Broncos, I'm still unconvinced that's our best side. Hunt aside I still don't see what Hook see's in Lui. He's been ordinary in QCup all season and I don't think he's been anything special since 2009. I'd rather Slyney start with Frei coming off the bench which would solve my issue with Slyney being used as a prop/backrow hybrid when he's really just a backrow.

Happy to see Whichurch named, although I believe either Gillett or Te'o will take his spot when one of them is called back down. It might be confusing to see a winger/centre on the bench in Aaron but from what I've seen of him he's a much better backrow than centre and I believe his future is there as a Hoffman/Te'o type fringe backrow.

paxtonpale

Juniors
Broncos team to play Sharks, this Friday at Suncorp Stadium:
1. Josh Hoffman
2. Lachlan Maranta
3. Jack Reed
4. Gerard Beale
5. Dale Copley
6. Corey Norman
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Mitchell Dodds
11. Alex Glenn (c)
12. Brendon Gibb
13. Dunamis Lui
Reserves:
14. Ben Hunt
15. Aaron Whitchurch
16. Jarrod Wallace
17. Nick Slyney
18. Kurt Baptiste

Why isn't Peter Wallace captain? Does he just not want to captain because he does have the most experience apart from Thaiday and Parker who are off to origin. Brisbane, really have a very young squad here who all are bright futures. Jarrod Wallace? Related to Peter?

Snappy

Coach
Well QLD have names the 17 and all Broncos squad members are in the team, not no bonus players for tonight's game.

Despite what the haters say, I say a big congrats to Ben Teo. Made the choice 4 years ago and has paid off.

I still think we can get the job done against the Sharkies, just hope the young guns aim up.

thenry

Juniors
Does anyone else cringe when Wallace Is put through a gap? It seems he constantly takes wrong options. He annoys the piss out of me. Every 2nd pass is a hospital pass. And the kick with a minute to go that hit the advertising boards hard, wtf was that from our most experienced player.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Diabolical night.

We had the game in the bag until a complete brain snap by Wallace sends us very quickly into the abyss. He had an absolute shocker; Knock ons, soft penalties you name it he had a hand in it.

Can't complain about the rest of the squad; they dug in under tough conditions.

Big Pete

Referee
Bugger, but given all the stars out and the terrible start which gave Cronulla all the momentum I thought the boys played extremely well tonight and I'm proud of that effort.

Spine sucked but can't question their effort. Only Beale had a good game IMO. Macca was good in defence too, really helped turn the game around but his work with the footy was pretty average for the most part.

Thought 14 of the 26 points Cronulla scored were dusty but just have to cop it.

3. Josh McGuire
2. Aaron Whichurch
1. Jarrod Wallace

Latest posts