What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18, Penrith Panthers Vs Para Eewls

murraymob

Coach
You can’t be proud of that win? I’ve got texted messages from Penrith mates saying they embarrassed that they won and eels were rorted hard
most teams that got as little possession as parra did would of got 80points put on them I’m proud of the effort we put in Missing our 3 best players
They’ll be getting rid of the 6again call after that game after Penrith got 100 6 again calls
Loook at the scoreboard look at the scoreboard .Sing along Rhyno who care what your mates say if they are embarrassed there not panther supporters .beating you guys anyway is great.See you in the semi finals if you still run 4 th and there is huge doubts on that

maple_69

Bench
You don’t concede 64% possession from 5 additional set restarts. Our pack manhandled them. Good to see they steadied after being challenged. Edwards has been every bit as good as Cleary/Api/Luai when fit, absolute animal.
Can’t wait to see our pack go against the Storm and Chooks. Looks like we’ll have to do it without a loss.

CCJohnC

Juniors
Great win. It was always going to be hard. Parra were talking about defense a couple of weeks ago, Then talked about attack. Their defense was exceptional but were not allowed to attack because of OUR defense. Edwards and JFH wow!!

Dodgy

Juniors
Following Penrith this season has been as much fun as going for the Carolina Panthers in 2015. Carolina lost the SB that season (In a similar way Parramatta and Melbourne lost GFs after great season in 01 & 06 respectively), but that didn't take away how much fun it was up until that point.

The team has given so much so far that winning the GF might be a bit anti climactic. I would be more disappointed for the players if they didn't win the GF rather than for myself.

chrisD

Coach
Edges showed their inexperience. Our middle and spine were so dominant the edges had little to do in defence and all the chances in the world in attack and against a little stiffer defence than usual were found wanting. Hopefully they'll be better for the hit out.

No-one has had an answer for our middle and to be honest I don't think the Roosters or Melbourne will either, well Melbourne didn't last time and Roosters are and I think still will be underdone. They're good teams and It wouldn't be a choke to lose to either of them, but I don't think we will, I think we will win the comp.

kinghippo

Juniors
There was very little space for the Panthers last night.
Parra rushed the line all night, they were offside a lot which is why we kept getting 6 again calls, but to the eels credit it really disrupted the attack.

Brisbane did a very similar thing also and had some success too.

GongPanther

Referee
You can’t be proud of that win? I’ve got texted messages from Penrith mates saying they embarrassed that they won and eels were rorted hard
most teams that got as little possession as parra did would of got 80points put on them I’m proud of the effort we put in Missing our 3 best players
They’ll be getting rid of the 6again call after that game after Penrith got 100 6 again calls
Poor Rhyno...he is at the edge of reality.:)

GongPanther

Referee
It was a great defensive effort 2 try’s were right on the siren the other was from a kick
The play before Mansour’s try was a knock on and than when there was 5 seconds left on the clock and the match was over Penrith scored under the post
And that in essence, is called Rugbah League.

GongPanther

Referee
Following Penrith this season has been as much fun as going for the Carolina Panthers in 2015. Carolina lost the SB that season (In a similar way Parramatta and Melbourne lost GFs after great season in 01 & 06 respectively), but that didn't take away how much fun it was up until that point.

The team has given so much so far that winning the GF might be a bit anti climactic. I would be more disappointed for the players if they didn't win the GF rather than for myself.
Have an NFL Gamepass for god knows how long. We won't be crash hot this season, but coach Rhule knows how to build a team from no-names.

franklin2323

Immortal
You don’t concede 64% possession from 5 additional set restarts. Our pack manhandled them. Good to see they steadied after being challenged. Edwards has been every bit as good as Cleary/Api/Luai when fit, absolute animal.
Can’t wait to see our pack go against the Storm and Chooks. Looks like we’ll have to do it without a loss.

The issue was 90% of their sets were started off their line. Giving it back in good position and couldn't get momentum back.

We defend like that in the finals we will be very hard to beat. Even if we struggle with ball in hand

Luke Bowden

First Grade
It was a great defensive effort 2 try’s were right on the siren the other was from a kick
The play before Mansour’s try was a knock on and than when there was 5 seconds left on the clock and the match was over Penrith scored under the post

Yeah mate, you guys looked amazing, they really taught the Panthers a true Rugby League Lesson, just a few things to polish up in training and your set to make a great run through the finals..... :face_palm_tone1:♂️:face_palm_tone1:♂️:face_palm_tone1:♂️:joy::joy::joy::joy:

Luke Bowden

First Grade

I’m embarrassed that pathetic team managed to score 2 points against.

Also, stop pretending you have mates that would text you..... you’re not fooling anyone in this group, so why bother?

Jane Murray

Bench

Also, stop pretending you have mates that would text you..... you’re not fooling anyone in this group, so why bother?

We must be kind to those who a intellectually disabled.

Rhyno

First Grade

Luke is that you? Or is it your brother whose name is also luke that uses your account sometimes ?

The Realist

Juniors
I think you miss my point!

Nope I get your point and mostly agree regarding Edwards. I was simply expanding your point because we have several more 'value for money' players in our current squad - and for a sustained period of success - that is what you need.

The_Frog

First Grade
Parra rushed the line all night, they were offside a lot which is why we kept getting 6 again calls, but to the eels credit it really disrupted the attack.

Brisbane did a very similar thing also and had some success too.
Teams are working this out. Not that it's doing them much good apart from making the score closer. Funnily enough the Roosters aren't winning the six again calls which suggests their attack isn't so reliant on forward roll. Funnily enough also the Broncos had the better of the six again calls but not the penalties.

There were many on here who were very vocal on here that Dylan Edwards was simply not good enough. Some suggesting he was not even NRL standard.

This has been widely suggested on RL panel shows all year, even in the last week I saw Laurie Daley calling fullback our weakness.

The elite coaches (Robinson and Bellamy) won't try to test him out but instead will try to kick away from him, easier said than done.

Last edited:

Latest posts