What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 - Tigers vs Rabbitohs: Thursday 10th September 7:50pm @Bankwest Stadium

assess5

Juniors
Alright mate, no need to get aggressive and call me childish and full of shit for having a different opinion to yours. I respect your opinion so respect mine. Different opinions are awesome as it creates good discussion.

Latrell is faster than Allan but I wouldn't exactly consider him a 'zippy' fullback. He's not like Tedesco or Papenhuyzen in that regard. So I stand by my view that our attack doesn't revolve around having a really speedy fullback because Latrell is not that.

I guess what I'm trying to say is that, yes, I agree Allan isn't the fastest but it's not proving to be as detrimental as you're making it out to be. I just think you're being a bit harsh on him. He deserves credit for a lot of the things he did last night. Just my opinion mate.

The thing is speed is the only thing you can't teach and speed, and I suppose size, are the two things absolutely necessary in todays game.
I really don't want to denigrate Allen because I see him as a solid, hundred percent effort sort of guy but the team need something more in the fullback position. Come semi final time the team will need something more.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, got called away.

Last edited:

assess5

Juniors
[/

My point with golf is I have met a whole stack of people over the years and we often discuss how people have lost interest in RL.
  1. That must come down to who we associate with because i find RL conversations easy to find amongst people. Sometimes surprisingly more than i expected.

Maybe I associate with a lot of older people who have lost interest because of perceived changed to the rules of the game e.g. RL cleaning up of the game with the Gagai/Brooks incident highlighting what many people would see as an unnecessary intervention by a judiciary'
    Drove a country school bus for a year and the kids only interest was 'oh, my dad used follow them'. Surprisingly, the kids, girls and boys loved soccer or netball.

Put that down to the NRL and their lack of interest/investment into expansion.

From what we saw just recently, with the Vlander ascension, NRL has invested in an whole lot of things.

Where in England are you referring? Because I've spent time in Yorkshire and RL is bigger than soccer in many parts that I've been to. I went there to support Leeds United and came away supporting Leeds Rhinos.

Cheshire, just a stones throw from Yorkshire. I really find it hard to believe that Rugby of any description is more popular than football anywhere in England, actually I first met up with an hotel full of pomms in Turkey. They were from all over England, I can only recall total interest when mentioning RL.

2. So there is interest in the game?Otherwise, sponsors wouldn't invest their money into it.
Yep, ten million for RL one billion for AFL wasn't it.

Sorry for taking so long to reply.

callmack1

Staff member
The thing is speed is the only thing you can't teach and speed, and I suppose size, are the two things absolutely necessary in todays game.
I really don't want to denigrate Allen because I see him as a solid, hundred percent effort sort of guy but the team need something more in the fullback position. Come semi final time the team will need something more.

Sorry for taking so long to reply, got called away.
Hard to argue with that. That's where Latrell is such a huge loss for us. HUGE loss. As I have said, I reckon Allan is a great fill in, even better at fullback than AJ, but he will never be at an elite fullback level obviously.