What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 V Manly

Nealo 12

Bench
Souffs killed us on the edges last week , Reynolds kicked to the wings and it was like our guys out wide got caught out of position each time.
Mansour's not jumping because he doesn't trust his knee .
DCE will kick all night to the wings you can put your house on that .

Frankus

Juniors
Egan promoted to NSW cup. Maybe he was last week too? This kid has the potential to be our 9 for years.

Panther_Daz

Staff member
Egan promoted to NSW cup. Maybe he was last week too? This kid has the potential to be our 9 for years.

Egan has been in NSW Cup for about a month now. We don't really have a long term hooker planned. He could be it.

martielang

Bench
Souffs killed us on the edges last week , Reynolds kicked to the wings and it was like our guys out wide got caught out of position each time.
Mansour's not jumping because he doesn't trust his knee .
DCE will kick all night to the wings you can put your house on that .

I wonder if the penalty against Whare two weeks ago spooked us out of shepherding.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Doesn't happen that often, but I'm not looking forward to this weekend... I can see us getting shown up and looking like a reserve grade team again. (I'm in a glass-half-empty mood today ha ha)

Fangs

Coach
My mail for this week is that Fisher-Harris will start off the bench in ISP and play around 20-30 mins.

Akauola, Katoa, Browne and Latu to be the NRL bench.

See how I go this week.

We can't make Fish come back into first grade again straight away. Needs to show he can stay on the park. I'd argue the same for Cartwright as well.

Griffin gets a cookie if true.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Egan has been in NSW Cup for about a month now. We don't really have a long term hooker planned. He could be it.

Yeah we do. :p
We tell Rein he is not required so he can negotiate with other clubs before June 30.
Wal gets injured Rein impresses, then the club is in a mad rush to extend his deal which still has 18 months on it.
What ever the direction the wind changes appears to be our hooking strategy.:confused:

Mulgoa Joe

Juniors
Manlys mix of experience and young talent is working for them.

So far for Penrith in 2017 it is not.

Edwards, Cleary and Rein need to help Moylan with ball distribution.
Forwards will need their best performance of the year.

fk Barret- Go Penrith!

OldPanther

Coach
Just watching the Souffs game again and for that first 15 or so mins we looked perfect. The forwards ran hard, the passing was on point and the kicking was perfect. We could beat any team in the comp playing like that for an entire game.

betcats

Referee
We could beat any team in the comp playing like that for an entire game.

That one of the issues though isn't it? we have done that once this year against the dogs. We haven't come close to another 80 minute performance this season. We know there is a lot of talent and ability in the side if they ever manage to put it together.

OldPanther

Coach
That one of the issues though isn't it? we have done that once this year against the dogs. We haven't come close to another 80 minute performance this season. We know there is a lot of talent and ability in the side if they ever manage to put it together.

Pretty much. I got shit on elsewhere online for saying the same thing.

Tronald Crump

Juniors
Just watching the Souffs game again and for that first 15 or so mins we looked perfect. The forwards ran hard, the passing was on point and the kicking was perfect. We could beat any team in the comp playing like that for an entire game.

We have had a bit of that this year playing great first up for 15 - 20 minutes then falling away when we concede a try or make a mistake in our own half.
Merrin was a beast early on against Souths making 15+ metres with every charge.
One thing I would note. Although we were good early on Souths were very quick with their line speed. We were struggling at times early on to contain them.

Latest posts