What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Roosters

Worked out the secret weapon
Host a pool event my place during the game

worked a treat with West Tigers - Flogged 'em.
No pool last time - Manly flogged us
Pool during Dolphins = Up again by 20
I think I need to organise another 2pm pool game with me mates next Sunday.
One's a Rooster supporter, shouldn't be hard to arrange.

if only it was so easy!

Victoire

Juniors
Imo Sele should have to come back via NSW cup. He needs to prove he's over the injuries. Lomax for Feagai & R. Couchman for Lawrie. Bird can come back via NSW cup too.
Sele looked ok walking around shooting t-shirts into the crowd on Sunday! It is a big ask coming back against what is possibly the best pack in the game but we only need 25-30 mins out of him which is what Lawrie and BMM provide (ftr I would also drop Lawrie. Has to pay for those errors)

Last edited:

maestro1

Bench
Roosters have a line up that would challenge a SOO team, yet somehow remaining within the salary cap, and they are in red hot form too, at home and in front of their 74 team. Its going to be tough, hopefully we can put in, get a break or two from the ref and make a game of it without damaging our mental state too much.
You had me until you said "get a break or two from the ref....."
You know we are playing the Roosters.

maestro1

Bench
Yeh, It’s funny/scary that the 74 Grand Final side was stronger imo as the ‘75 side had no Fairfax or Harris as they were out injured……….thanks heavens…
I think the '75 Dragons team beat them twice that season. Unfortunately, Chang's pain killing needle that went wrong affected the team's mentality and the rest is history.

maestro1

Bench
Flanno's gameplan should be a game of possession and then bombard Walker and Keary with a constant procession of Sua, Luc, Sua running at both of them. On the other side of the ball, a disciplined attack of Walker and Keary's space and time. No foul play, but relentlessly smashing them LEGALLY. Extreme pressure on both their kicking games. It will require maximum effort from everybody but if pressure is applied in attack and defence, relentlessly for 80 minutes, the Roosters smooth attack of late, could become clunky and faltering.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I think the '75 Dragons team beat them twice that season. Unfortunately, Chang's pain killing needle that went wrong affected the team's mentality and the rest is history.
True, Saints did, beat them in a close one on a flooded Kogarah oval and Tatana kicked us home in the Semi in a great underdog type win!

In the GF it was only 5-0 should have been 5- all at halftime, however, they did beat us that year 41-7 and some similar score line the year before. When they got on a roll, ‘look out’……they were a gun side.

Last edited:

Dragon David

First Grade
Flanno's gameplan should be a game of possession and then bombard Walker and Keary with a constant procession of Sua, Luc, Sua running at both of them. On the other side of the ball, a disciplined attack of Walker and Keary's space and time. No foul play, but relentlessly smashing them LEGALLY. Extreme pressure on both their kicking games. It will require maximum effort from everybody but if pressure is applied in attack and defence, relentlessly for 80 minutes, the Roosters smooth attack of late, could become clunky and faltering.
Those two players you mentioned maestro are the ones we definitely have to be controlling. Both their kicking games are spot on and their long passes to their wingers in Young and Tupou have to be watched and countered. JWH will do everything in his power to unsettle our forwards and my feeling is that their game plan will be to do things much the same as they did on Anzac Day. Flanno, Carr and Young will have to study the video of that game extremely closely to see how they thrashed us and work out a plan to beat them.

denis preston

First Grade
Sounds good to me !

Illusion

Bench
Worked out the secret weapon
Host a pool event my place during the game

worked a treat with West Tigers - Flogged 'em.
No pool last time - Manly flogged us
Pool during Dolphins = Up again by 20
I think I need to organise another 2pm pool game with me mates next Sunday.
One's a Rooster supporter, shouldn't be hard to arrange.

if only it was so easy!
Sounds good then when you get a chance push him into the pool .......