What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Roosters

DeathBlooms

Juniors
I expect so and there will be head nodding and “we have to be better” platitudes and the same side will run out next week. We just don’t have the cattle this year. Also pondering Youngy‘s effectiveness as a defensive coach.
Flanno needs to send a message. All these threats are doing nothing. Season is done, drop some big players to NSW Cup and blood some new players.

BLM01

First Grade
100 points conceeded in 2 games to these c...nts
How the hell have we arrived here.
To be frank Tru we arrived here in 2012-2013. We are trying to find the right mechanic to get going again and I saw signs of this today. I know most will disagree but we dont have the polish in attack to put pressure on class oppositions. Roosters would have beaten anyone today. I believe we are going the right way but not on a XPT.
Scoreline is deflating but effort was there. We need 2nd phase like the Roosters.

Carlton

Juniors
Hunt and Lawrie have to go.

In that game Lomax looked like he has moved on.

Anyone criticising Sloan needs to reassess, worked all game, took all the high balls aimed at him, defended including taking JWH on the line. I saw a poster criticising him for not locking up the ball when Collins scored but, they didnt mention the fact Lawrie should have wrapped up Collins before he even got to the line. Could Sloan have done more there, yes, but it is unfair to blame him for the try.

I also dont understand the desire to move on BMM, as an impact forward he is very good.

Dragon David

First Grade
I am so bitterly disappointed and fed up with this game now. You just cannot beat a team filled with quality players. When you add up the value of the Roosters players and add up the value of the Dragons players you can't tell me that we pay for example $900K for Sloan as compared to what the Roosters pay for Tedesco which is what he is probably getting and Sloan is getting what? $500K. Then you have the Roosters centres (and if they had Manu and Suaalii playing today instead of Jennings and whoever, the score would have reached 60 again) who in comparison we had Suli and Matt Feagaii - no comparison, then the forwards and by crikey how do the Roosters maintain that they are within the salary cap?

The Roosters will win this years grand final. They have the players and incentives. The Panthers are not as good as last year and I don't think the Storm will be strong enough. If the Roosters do win, I'm out of here.

jeffdragon

Bench
To be frank Tru we arrived here in 2012-2013. We are trying to find the right mechanic to get going again and I saw signs of this today. I know most will disagree but we dont have the polish in attack to put pressure on class oppositions. Roosters would have beaten anyone today. I believe we are going the right way but not on a XPT.
Scoreline is deflating but effort was there. We need 2nd phase like the Roosters.
We had enough ball.
We looked slow in the first half and couldn't bust a wet paper bag.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
No surprise unfortunately. They are a better side than us. We still don't play for 80 minutes, we still don't have a reliable fullback, and we still don't have an inspirational captain.
No surprise at all but still disappointing the boys let the score blow out again. No surprises Hunt could not do what he has never done, Flanagan is in a dead set slump at the wrong time for us, Lawrie spends a long time on the field, De Belin was absent, how we didn;t score when Lomax took that bomb so easily in the first half was pretty indicative of the difference between these 2 teams - they score there for sure.

Dragon David

First Grade
Interesting comment by Angus C on the ABC being interviewed after the game.
Said words to the effect that the Dragons are a better team this year and it was a tough game.
Hahahaha! Yes we are a better team this year there is no doubting that, BUT the Roosters are even a much better team this year. Being better doesn't mean a thing if you can't win. Any individual or team can be better, but if you lack total quality better only gets you so far and not first prize. So Angus, thanks for that. You know your team is better and that is why you want to stay with the Roosters, so would a thousand other players I bet.

DeathBlooms

Juniors
I am so bitterly disappointed and fed up with this game now. You just cannot beat a team filled with quality players. When you add up the value of the Roosters players and add up the value of the Dragons players you can't tell me that we pay for example $900K for Sloan as compared to what the Roosters pay for Tedesco which is what he is probably getting and Sloan is getting what? $500K. Then you have the Roosters centres (and if they had Manu and Suaalii playing today instead of Jennings and whoever, the score would have reached 60 again) who in comparison we had Suli and Matt Feagaii - no comparison, then the forwards and by crikey how do the Roosters maintain that they are within the salary cap?

The Roosters will win this years grand final. They have the players and incentives. The Panthers are not as good as last year and I don't think the Storm will be strong enough. If the Roosters do win, I'm out of here.
The Roostes haven't played a top side for awhile now. They got beat by Panthers and Storm when they did play.

They got a really easy draw.

Lennyb

Juniors
We played tough. Hard to compete with the rorters with the cattle they have. Add on top jareds games played BS and the crusty old team motivation.

We are still at 50% and got the other rorting club next week at our home ground.

Chin up.

Lovemedragons

Juniors

Wait until the Panthers line up with their full team, after last years GF miracle its going to take a shit hot team to bring them down - even at double the salary cap, like the chooks.