What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 v Roosters

SEAT 1A

Bench
What a joke we are.

I'm sorry, I have back the team till know. 14-12 down 30 minutes to go and turn to sh**.

Shame Hunt didn't have a blinder. Can't even kick the ball on the last tackle and hits JDB in the head. I can't remember how many tries Walker set up and Hunt can't even kick a ball on the last.

Turning point was when they got a six again just after we scored and I'm stuffed why they got it.

I was thinking why Brown didn't come on to give Liddle a rest. Did nothing, would prefer a stuffed Liddle for the 80 minutes, Max was playing an old man and did nothing as well and Sua belts Jennings with two minutes to go.

The funniest thing was we started to belt them when it was all over.

TruSaint

Referee
To be frank Tru we arrived here in 2012-2013. We are trying to find the right mechanic to get going again and I saw signs of this today. I know most will disagree but we dont have the polish in attack to put pressure on class oppositions. Roosters would have beaten anyone today. I believe we are going the right way but not on a XPT.
Scoreline is deflating but effort was there. We need 2nd phase like the Roosters.

Fair mate.

I dont disagree with your post at all. I know were outclassed, outgunned and outplayed by a superior side.

I have a habit of engaging fellow tragics on game day, in real time. My passion may sometimes get the better of me. I didn't think we would win, but I was encouraged enough by half time, to think we could at least make it uncomfortable.

Anyway, we are where we are, and I hate it. Flanno needs to make some uncomfortable calls to re-ignite this club/team. I just wonder if those above him care as much as we do.

56to66

Juniors
I thought the first half really showed we are a mechanical outfit with little flair or imagination, easy prey for a team like the Roosters.
The Dragons have to play mechanical. Because the don't have the cattle to compete against teams that have a $15 Million income cap. I said last week's game against the Dolphins was a must.
With a rough month ahead

Last edited:

Phantom V

Juniors
I’m as gutted as anyone else after the loss to the Rorters but a little bit of perspective is in order. We played against a team that will more than likely be there on GF day and as BLM mentioned, would have beaten most teams today. We hung in with them for a while, mostly due to our defence but our attack let us down once again and that eventually put too much pressure on us to hold them out. We don’t have any variation in attack at all and we don’t utilise Sloan in the right way.
We are a work in progress and realistically it’s going to take a couple of years to get us up to the level we need to be.

DeathBlooms

Juniors
Shouldn’t have been playing for us this year
Someone screwed up badly keeping him here and whoever that was needs to be sacked
Problem is they gave into his playing halfback demands. He's not a halfback doesn't get picked there for rep sides. They would pick 10 other people at halfback before playing him there for Australia.

saintmar

Juniors
What an absolute disgrace. How can a club like ours compete against the club who have the much better players. From Fullback to Lock they are just too strong. I say what a disgrace because it just shows how the comp can allow the Roosters to have all of those marquee players. If we cannot get anyone decent, it is just a waste of time I think. You can't win a comp with second rate players it is obvious. Flanno can try and instil pride and passion in the players but that doesn't win games. It is the quality of the players that win them and we just don't have them. Not one.
Agree but when you are given a gift as a new coach by having a million dollars of your crap in the cap RELEASED and you elect to keep the crap and not restructure your attack with the purchase of new playmakers this is what happens
Ultimately those responsible need to be held accountable with these performances