What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Raiders

boardlumps62

Juniors
I don't know how big Ramsey is but if Twinkle Toes sheds 5kg Ramsey would welcome it.
While it's good to see Ramsey get an opportunity hope he is up to it there's some brutes in the Raiders one hit up it their forwards he will wish he was big as Twinkle Toes.
Other than that if I knew the injury list I could pick a better side. As they say same shit.

getsmarty

Immortal
bel.jpg

DRAGONS

Behind enemy lines: Round 18 v Raiders
Author
Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au
Timestamp
Tue 8 Sep 2020, 04:03 PM

The Canberra Raiders have named their mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Round 18 clash against the St George Illawarra Dragons at WIN Stadium on Saturday, September 12.

Josh Papalii has been named in the front row for the Raiders after being cleared of any serious shoulder damage following last weeks match against the Roosters.

Semi Valemei remains on the wing and Jordan Rapana in the centres, with Curtis Scott to miss another match due to a leg injury.

Sia Soliola has been named in the extended squad for the first time since a facial injury in round eight.

Canberra Raiders' NRL squad for Round 18 v St George Illawarra Dragons –
1. Charnze Nicoll-Klokstad

2. Semi Valemei

3. Jarrod Croker (C)

4. Jordan Rapana

5. Nick Cotric

6. Jack Wighton

7. George Williams

8. Josh Papalii

9. Tom Starling

10. Ryan Sutton

11. John Bateman

12. Elliott Whitehead

13. Joe Tapine

Interchange/reserves

14. Siliva Havili

15. Dunamis Lui

16. Hudson Young

17. Corey Harawira-Naera

18. Sam Williams

19. Matt Frawley

20. Matt Timoko

21. Sia Soliola

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2020/09/08/behind-enemy-lines-round-18-v-raiders/

getsmarty

Immortal
Cody Ramsey has been named to make NRL debut with St George Illawarra Dragons
  • Local Sport
    r820_453_3007_1760_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

NAMED: Cody Ramsey will play in the NRL on Saturday after being named to make his debut for the Dragons. Photo: NRL PHOTOS
    Molong star Cody Ramsey will make his NRL debut on Saturday after being named on the wing ahead of the Dragons' clash with Canberra.

The former Orange CYMS junior and Manildra Rhinos' youth league premiership winner has waited patiently in the Dragons' wings after lighting up the NRL Nines tournament with the red and whites earlier in the season.

The 20-year-old grabbed four tries in as many outings at the Nines in February, including a hat-trick against Penrith, to be named in the team of the tournament.
    He'll become the 235th player to represent the joint-venture club.

Ramsey joins the starting line-up in place of regular winger, Fijian Mikaele Ravalawa, and will line-up outside the in-form Zac Lomax on the Dragons' right side.
    In other changes for the Dragons ahead of their clash with last year's runners-up, Paul Vaughan (suspension) returns in the front-row and will be joined alongside by the promoted, Dubbo product Kaide Ellis.

Blake Lawrie and Josh Kerr revert to the interchange while Tyrell Fuimaono drops back to the reserves.
    St George Illawarra takes on the Canberra Raiders at WIN Stadium, Wollongong, from 3pm on Saturday.
    • ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS: 1 Matt Dufty, 2 Jordan Pereira, 3 Euan Aitken, 4 Zac Lomax, 5 Cody Ramsey, 6 Corey Norman, 7 Adam Clune, 8 Kaide Ellis, 9 Ben Hunt, 10 Paul Vaughan, 11 Tyson Frizell, 12 Jacob Host, 13 Cameron McInnes (c); Bench: 14 Billy Brittain, 15 Josh Kerr, 16 Blake Lawrie, 17 Jackson Ford; Reserves: 18 Eddie Blacker, 19 Tyrell Fuimaono, 20 Brayden Wiliame, 21 Max Feagai.

https://www.centralwesterndaily.com...ey-set-to-make-nrl-debut-after-shock-call-up/

Banjo2014

Juniors
Mjab - am hoping that Wendell has a plan for him - I am hoping under Meninga/Holbrook at the Gold Coast - if he is patient - there will be openings there in 2022. Anyhow the weather is good ......

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Cody Ramsey has been named to make NRL debut with St George Illawarra Dragons
  • Local Sport
    r820_453_3007_1760_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

NAMED: Cody Ramsey will play in the NRL on Saturday after being named to make his debut for the Dragons. Photo: NRL PHOTOS
    Molong star Cody Ramsey will make his NRL debut on Saturday after being named on the wing ahead of the Dragons' clash with Canberra.

The former Orange CYMS junior and Manildra Rhinos' youth league premiership winner has waited patiently in the Dragons' wings after lighting up the NRL Nines tournament with the red and whites earlier in the season.

The 20-year-old grabbed four tries in as many outings at the Nines in February, including a hat-trick against Penrith, to be named in the team of the tournament.He'll become the 235th player to represent the joint-venture club.

Ramsey joins the starting line-up in place of regular winger, Fijian Mikaele Ravalawa, and will line-up outside the in-form Zac Lomax on the Dragons' right side.In other changes for the Dragons ahead of their clash with last year's runners-up, Paul Vaughan (suspension) returns in the front-row and will be joined alongside by the promoted, Dubbo product Kaide Ellis.

Blake Lawrie and Josh Kerr revert to the interchange while Tyrell Fuimaono drops back to the reserves.St George Illawarra takes on the Canberra Raiders at WIN Stadium, Wollongong, from 3pm on Saturday.
    • ST GEORGE ILLAWARRA DRAGONS: 1 Matt Dufty, 2 Jordan Pereira, 3 Euan Aitken, 4 Zac Lomax, 5 Cody Ramsey, 6 Corey Norman, 7 Adam Clune, 8 Kaide Ellis, 9 Ben Hunt, 10 Paul Vaughan, 11 Tyson Frizell, 12 Jacob Host, 13 Cameron McInnes (c); Bench: 14 Billy Brittain, 15 Josh Kerr, 16 Blake Lawrie, 17 Jackson Ford; Reserves: 18 Eddie Blacker, 19 Tyrell Fuimaono, 20 Brayden Wiliame, 21 Max Feagai.

https://www.centralwesterndaily.com...ey-set-to-make-nrl-debut-after-shock-call-up/

Young channelling Mary with these selections. No rhyme or reason to them. Lawrie-best prop on the park against the Cowboys and gets dropped to the bench. Dufty- abysmally bad- keeps his spot- why not give Ramsey a run there? Yes Deano- same old excrement -but what we got from our former coach

SaintPauli

Juniors
Sailor must be hurt - not even on the reserves bench
Yeah His feelings would be "hurt! "
This kid has done nothing wrong imo
and with his brief appearances has showed plenty of promise. I hope Griffin gives retains Tristan for a fair crack next year.

possm

Coach
Honestly Young has shown his cards - he talks a big talk but thats all he has shown thus far
Young's father has schooled him in what to say. He only knows waht Mary taught him so let's hope he pays good attention to what Griffin will teach him. I have no doubt the Board will want to appoint him to head coach one day.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
A couple of comments re: team list yesterday.

1. Applaud the selection of Ramsey.
2. Rava mysteriously not even in the 21, however, wasn't it about the same game (round) time last year that he mysteriously dropped out, which gave Saab his chance?
3. Ellis as a starting prop = play for a contract
4. Host = see Ellis above
5. Fui slipping down the pecking order.
6. Blacker receiving the "encouragement award" each week
7. Previous weeks selections proved Young was well entremched in getting wins so as to strengthen his case for head coaching role.

Expecting a large lift in performance this week now that we have announced a new coach.

possm

Coach
Might not be popular but i think Rava needs to drop about 5kgs and start sprint training. Some body types just build mass so easily but I think if he stripped down the extra pace would mean he can still maintain impact with more agility and less joint stress.

Just my 2 cents
I'd rather see Ravalawa as a left centre than on the right wing. It is a great shame that Young keeps Aitken at left centre when there is no gain for our team in doing so. Ravalawa has the bulk and good passing game to make a good fist of the position.

Fullback is a very big problem within our spine. I am sure Griffin will notice this and make the necessary adjustments. It is a shame Young did not give Dufty a run at 6, he might have surprised everyone how well he can play there. So in the future it will be fullback or nothing and once Ramsey and Schiller come into first grade contention, Dufty might find himself in reserve grade with no way back to first grade.

Mjab

Juniors
I'd rather see Ravalawa as a left centre than on the right wing. It is a great shame that Young keeps Aitken at left centre when there is no gain for our team in doing so. Ravalawa has the bulk and good passing game to make a good fist of the position.

Fullback is a very big problem within our spine. I am sure Griffin will notice this and make the necessary adjustments. It is a shame Young did not give Dufty a run at 6, he might have surprised everyone how well he can play there. So in the future it will be fullback or nothing and once Ramsey and Schiller come into first grade contention, Dufty might find himself in reserve grade with no way back to first grade.
Yes
I think Rava is busted a bit and is better rested
Rava has got a surprisingly good pass and in my mind no harm giving hima try at centre where he would pull in defeneders to stop him
Certainly better than EA, oportunity missed with the peanut and deano team

Dufty has to be better than having Norman there
Pleased Ramsey on wing and if goes well and seems solid give him a go at full back later on
!st game at FB might be a big ask