What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Sea Eagles

BIG RIG

Juniors
Cody Ramsey doesn’t bring anything to the team

IMO Blake Lawrie should not be at the club next year he is just not up to the new rules and isn’t your modern forward and is way to I’ll disciplined

Josh Kerr can be damaging at times but has way too many errors in him and again I believe is struggling to suit to the pace of the new game

thebigredv

First Grade

IMO Blake Lawrie should not be at the club next year he is just not up to the new rules and isn’t your modern forward and is way to I’ll disciplined

Josh Kerr can be damaging at times but has way too many errors in him and again I believe is struggling to suit to the pace of the new game

Funny you mention these players because if you put Ramsey's heart into Lawrie's body you get one heck of a player. On their own I wouldn't be selecting either in my best 13. Kerr is one of my least favourite players. Not a patch on Joel Thompson but seems to get all the wraps.

jeffdragon

Bench
I know tariq was tired but .
He has not been the same for us bar a few games since the semi in Brisbane a few years ago.

thebigredv

First Grade
I hate when we lose on a Friday night… makes a long weekend

Especially when we couldn't enjoy the win from last time we played due to all the drama.

Really hating on this team right now. I do want to make the 8 due to pride but I have no faith and belief in this team which can make the loss a little easier to take, if that makes sense?

Dragon David

First Grade

Hook hopefully is seeing what you are saying Big Rig. Maybe what you say will eventuate and Hook will get our roster right.

Most of our first graders are only reserve graders at best and some not even in that grade.

Hook has to get the players in each week that are actually first grade material just as the top teams have barring injuries.

Hopefully Sua has not decided to pull out of signing with us during the cooling off period.

redv13

Bench
I know tariq was tired but .
He has not been the same for us bar a few games since the semi in Brisbane a few years ago.
Ease up. Sims just played 80 mins tonight, less than 48 hrs after Origin. They got punished for a very bad 20 min period after halftime. Most games these days are won and lost in 15-20 minute blocks. Unfortunately we paid the price tonight in that 20 min period. At halftime they were looking good and more than getting the job done. Frustrating, hell yeah but you can thank these freaks at the nrl who insist on turning this game into touch football

BIG RIG

Juniors
Based off what I have seen this year

Ramsey and Kerr should be in reserve grade in 2022 as depth when needed

Lawrie should be moved on straight away

Sloan be our Number 1

Alvaro, Fa’amusili and Burns again should only be in reserve grade and should only be depth

Dragon David

First Grade
Mate, I hear ya. What are these blokes coached? Do they do the opposite of what their coach tells them to do or is the coaching just as bad? Take me back to the Bennett years.
It could be a combination of all of those things R&WTILLIDIE. For years most, not all, but most of our players have fade outs. Some every week. We hire average people to guide the players and we enlist mediocre players to do the stuff. We pay high amounts to get some players who are not wanted anyway by other clubs in desperation of trying to have a team that the fans would get excited about and the sponsors seeing that we are going for broke to get the club up there with the best.

None of this has worked. We do not have anybody in the team at the moment that is truly a game breaker and a player that brings excitement week in and week out to make the opposition wary of us. We need stronger, tougher men in the middle who can always dictate how the game will be played and not give an inch. We need guys who truly love playing for the Dragons and being proud to wear the Red V jersey every week. To stand up and be counted every week. To not have the word fail come to mind.

We need better management in all areas of football and business. We need team bonding and areas of welfare and discipline outlined for the betterment of the staff and players.

We need to do as the better clubs have been able to do and achieve positive results.

I rest my case.

BIG RIG

Juniors
It could be a combination of all of those things R&WTILLIDIE. For years most, not all, but most of our players have fade outs. Some every week. We hire average people to guide the players and we enlist mediocre players to do the stuff. We pay high amounts to get some players who are not wanted anyway by other clubs in desperation of trying to have a team that the fans would get excited about and the sponsors seeing that we are going for broke to get the club up there with the best.

None of this has worked. We do not have anybody in the team at the moment that is truly a game breaker and a player that brings excitement week in and week out to make the opposition wary of us. We need stronger, tougher men in the middle who can always dictate how the game will be played and not give an inch. We need guys who truly love playing for the Dragons and being proud to wear the Red V jersey every week. To stand up and be counted every week. To not have the word fail come to mind.

We need better management in all areas of football and business. We need team bonding and areas of welfare and discipline outlined for the betterment of the staff and players.

We need to do as the better clubs have been able to do and achieve positive results.

I rest my case.
Yeah unfortunately it has been like this for the past 9 years and nothing it doesn’t look like it is about to change