What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Sea Eagles

gitano

Juniors
Strange team list. Obviously Hook thinks Manly are gettable.

For mine, I'd go either Amone or Sullivan in the halves for Norman and Feagai in for Beale.

Saab has to be targeted heavily. He is a good front runner. He has no interest in lining up against the Dragons and less interest in doing the tough stuff. Get into him early and he'll bottle it.

Crush

Coach
It looks to me like Hook is going to take the high road and rest 4 players per match over the next month. That’ll likely equal 4 losses. Stupid decision.
Better off fielding full strength sides vs Titans and Raiders and accepting a loss against Manly and Souths. Selecting the Origin boys two days after Origin is dumb.

Dragons4me

Juniors
if I've ever seen a one-man team it's this sea eagles team...seriously they should pray that Tommy Turbo never gets a long-term injury as they will be history...I really believe we will go close to beating them next round without Tommy...we may be without Hunt which is demoralizing but Clune does have a flukey game in him every so often so hopefully we won't miss the million dollar man..

I agree. Everything to play for and nothing to lose. I'm confident actually.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Strange team list. Obviously Hook thinks Manly are gettable.

For mine, I'd go either Amone or Sullivan in the halves for Norman and Feagai in for Beale.

Saab has to be targeted heavily. He is a good front runner. He has no interest in lining up against the Dragons and less interest in doing the tough stuff. Get into him early and he'll bottle it.
Hook has taken a calculated risk assuming Turbo won’t play. I like it. No sense in being negative at this point.

kit66

Bench
Dragons pick a team to win against the Sea Eagles...could've rested more key players

We should really try to get a win here, our next few games after that will be hard to win. We have the wood on Manly so important to field the best team we possibly can. I don't mind this line-up at all apart from Dufty missing, he goes well against the seagles.

BLM01

First Grade
Dragons pick a team to win against the Sea Eagles...could've rested more key players
Dont forget Zac and Alvaro are serving their suspensions doing their 14 day lockdown now
so that is 5 off the list of 12 to be suspended
7 more rested over the next 3 games. Rava back against the Raiders but the Warriors loan goes back

BLM01

First Grade
Hook has taken a calculated risk assuming Turbo won’t play. I like it. No sense in being negative at this point.
Are you sure about that.? I dont believe so. That would be crazy, you would gear the side as if he is playing.
He is resting as many as suitable to
1. still be sort of competitive
2. Minimise impact on the next 3 games after that. 7 more to be suspended
3. Maybe he thinks Sloan will handle the defence better after the 100 breaks Manly make and score trying opportunities we give em

Crush

Coach
Dont forget Zac and Alvaro are serving their suspensions doing their 14 day lockdown now
so that is 5 off the list of 12 to be suspended
7 more rested over the next 3 games. Rava back against the Raiders but the Warriors loan goes back
Are you sure?

Como Connection

First Grade
It looks to me like Hook is going to take the high road and rest 4 players per match over the next month. That’ll likely equal 4 losses. Stupid decision.
Better off fielding full strength sides vs Titans and Raiders and accepting a loss against Manly and Souths. Selecting the Origin boys two days after Origin is dumb.
I think Hook has a better idea than you, silly comment.
CC

Now if we win the next 4 what will you say?

BLM01

First Grade

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere (although cant remember where) that Jai Arrow was going to be serving his suspension whilst in isolation. Does anyone have any clarity on that and why it appears to be different for Alvaro and Lomax? Is it just the additional complexity of the relocation to Qld?
It is the same for Lomax and Alvaro. They will not have to serve any more suspension after the self imposed 14 day isolation

thebigredv

First Grade
No point crucifying the coach for whatever team he picks. The bulk of his team have let him down and placed him in the shambles he faces.

The Lomax and Alvaro situation is the cherry on top of this pile of a mess. Surely they can at least shed some light on it for us?

Utterly deplorable. Those dirty dozen deserve to pay their coach and their fans back with 110% effort over the next month.

mickeylane

Bench
No point crucifying the coach for whatever team he picks. The bulk of his team have let him down and placed him in the shambles he faces.

The Lomax and Alvaro situation is the cherry on top of this pile of a mess. Surely they can at least shed some light on it for us?

Utterly deplorable. Those dirty dozen deserve to pay their coach and their fans back with 110% effort over the next month.
I really think the players are going to ark up here and put in a performance from hell just to prove all the ney-sayers wrong...this could be either very special or a disaster...I'm leaning towards a special performance here...