What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs Sea Eagles

carltonsouth79

First Grade
It looks to me like Hook is going to take the high road and rest 4 players per match over the next month. That’ll likely equal 4 losses. Stupid decision.
Better off fielding full strength sides vs Titans and Raiders and accepting a loss against Manly and Souths. Selecting the Origin boys two days after Origin is dumb.
Agree seems to be the plan, took two backs and two forwards suspended this round. I think it unlikely both Sims and Hunt would back up so soon after origin. Clune as the reserve may get a run

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
I really think the players are going to ark up here and put in a performance from hell just to prove all the ney-sayers wrong...this could be either very special or a disaster...I'm leaning towards a special performance here...
Mate, is the glass ever half full for you, or is it always half empty?

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
Dont forget Zac and Alvaro are serving their suspensions doing their 14 day lockdown now
so that is 5 off the list of 12 to be suspended
7 more rested over the next 3 games. Rava back against the Raiders but the Warriors loan goes back
What if they both sign tonight/ tomorrow both miss this week and available from then on. Hope that is our plan

BLM01

First Grade
What if they both sign tonight/ tomorrow both miss this week and available from then on. Hope that is our plan
No they would have quarantine 14 days just to go from NSW as they did not get initial exemption into the bubble
Overdone Red tape at its best

BLM01

First Grade
It happens every year but I find it funny how there were a couple of players that were ruled out of origin 3 cause of injury but they’re available this weekend to play for their clubs
E.g. Saifiti ribs and Mahoney shoulder who was next in line for hooker after Grant
I got a sneaky though to make it look more legit
Grant and Luai if not Cleary available in Round 19 as those teams can afford to rest players against their opposition

Yes this is sour grapes about Dragon players getting picked to play likely 80 mins in a dead rubber and having to back up 48hrs later as a necessity in a already depleted side

blacksafake

First Grade
It happens every year but I find it funny how there were a couple of players that were ruled out of origin 3 cause of injury but they’re available this weekend to play for their clubs
E.g. Saifiti ribs and Mahoney shoulder who was next in line for hooker after Grant
I got a sneaky though to make it look more legit
Grant and Luai if not Cleary available in Round 19 as those teams can afford to rest players against their opposition

Yes this is sour grapes about Dragon players getting picked to play likely 80 mins in a dead rubber and having to back up 48hrs later as a necessity in a already depleted side
I expected Mahony to be selected as there were reports he was going to be available for this round anyway. Maybe they thought he was a bit short of a run although they could have rotated him with Hunt.
Didn't realise Saifiti was selected for the knights. I thought he was out for a couple of weeks?

Draginzaaar

Bench
It looks to me like Hook is going to take the high road and rest 4 players per match over the next month. That’ll likely equal 4 losses. Stupid decision.
Better off fielding full strength sides vs Titans and Raiders and accepting a loss against Manly and Souths. Selecting the Origin boys two days after Origin is dumb.
Wow, a new NRL coach in the making.

st.phil

Bench
disagree - you have to give yourself the best opp in every game - reputations mean little particularly around this origin time of year.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Are you sure about that.? I dont believe so. That would be crazy, you would gear the side as if he is playing.
He is resting as many as suitable to
1. still be sort of competitive
2. Minimise impact on the next 3 games after that. 7 more to be suspended
3. Maybe he thinks Sloan will handle the defence better after the 100 breaks Manly make and score trying opportunities we give em
Hook is going for the win, I like it. I’m backing Sloan to have a blinder.

thebigredv

First Grade

Latest posts