What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 18 vs. Sharks Discussion + Voting

Big Pete

Referee
I would never risk Yow Yeh in the state he's in, no matter how poorly the current wingers are. Jharal is too important for that.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeh it's not like forcing locky to play after he fractured his cheek... The seasons over and a respectable bottom 8 finish would be our greatest hope...

YY at full fitness with Barba and a good halve for 2014

And 8 in a row qld

Bretto

Bench
Close game at half time. I dunno about you guys, but I just get that feeling watching the Broncos play tonight, that some time in the second half someone is gonna make a bone head play that costs us the game.

Bretto

Bench
Remind me again why Ben Hunt isn't our Halfback? Two great plays there. Firstly to save a try then the great vision for the try to Hoffman.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeh as soon as macca goes back on cronullla score 2. Carney raped us tho once fatigue set in.

Overall I'm pleased with the effort for 65 mins. We should have scored 2x in the first. Just missing our back line x factors.

NFI where that comeback effort came from... Or where those plays were all game. We play it safe way too much.

Most memorable 25 yr anniversary I'll ever have lol

Last edited:

Dazzat

First Grade
Oh the contrast ... between the brilliant finishing by Kahu to score that last try; to Maranta's catch and slip on the other side of the field. That's the end of the year for the Broncos ... no finals this year.

3. Maguire
2. Hoffman
1. Prince

Ghoulies

Bench
Prince had a really decent game up until that horrendous misread on Gordon. Whatever he offers in attack over Wallace, his awful defence completely offsets it.

I'm not a huge fan of Hunt's - his kicking game lacks the necessary polish to be a regular first grade half, but I'm now strongly in favour of just giving him the number 6 or 7 for the rest of the year to see if he improves.

My disdain for Wallace and Prince are about equal, so I don't mind who he replaces, but the worst thing about being a Bronco fan right now is knowing that even if we manage to scrap the requisite one or two wins to avoid taking the spoon, there is nothing on the horizon to suggest that next season will be anything other than mediocre at best, or another catastrophe.

AceAv

Juniors
Yeh coach treats Brisbane like their Melbourne. Complete. Defend. Play field position and our 6,7,9,1 will find the points. Only difference is blatantly obvious.

Norman played well but he f**ked that catch so bad.
Wal and prince not bad in defence, but their attack was lacklustre.

I love Tasi and Oates. Can't wait for them to build their confidence. Kahu has a lot of potential too. Mcg played his heart out. The 2d try tho Wal and macca were lazy and just gave up on the scramble. Difference was so crystal clear when u compare macca to hunt. Hope griffin makes some big changes starting there..

Dazzat

First Grade
Yeh coach treats Brisbane like their Melbourne. Complete. Defend. Play field position and our 6,7,9,1 will find the points. Only difference is blatantly obvious.

Norman played well but he f**ked that catch so bad.
Wal and prince not bad in defence, but their attack was lacklustre.

I love Tasi and Oates. Can't wait for them to build their confidence. Kahu has a lot of potential too. Mcg played his heart out. The 2d try tho Wal and macca were lazy and just gave up on the scramble. Difference was so crystal clear when u compare macca to hunt. Hope griffin makes some big changes starting there..

He won't. That you can bank on.

Monk

Referee
I thought Tasi played pretty well for you guys tonight. It was tough to see him leave the Roosters as he's played some quality games for us. If he stays injury free you'll have yourselves one hell of a pickup.

unbreaK

Juniors
f**k this team is bad, our spine may actually be the least exciting in NRL history (Correct me if anyone can think of a worse one)

If Maranta or Norman seriously get another run after that abysmal performance then this club is in the shitter, for a long time, and Griffin should be sacked, immediately.

Eddy

Juniors
How bad are our halves? They honestly have no clue once we get within 20m of the tryline. No inside balls, no running at depth, no forwards running onto a crash ball. Just nothing. The fact that we lost by 1 point is going to allow them to keep their spot unfortunately.

What makes it all the more disappointing is how well the majority of the rest of the boys played. McGuire was an absolute beast and got good support from Hala, Tasi and even Lui. Oates, Hoffman and Kahu all looked good when they got given an opportunity.

The difference between the two teams was how good Carney was in contract to how bad ours were. Could not be more disappointed in that effort tonight...

Dazzat

First Grade
We have a 5/8 playing fullback. We have a veteran halfback playing 5/8. We have a 5/8/hooker playing halfback. We have a very slow dummy half. And we have a halfback coming on as a dummy half. We have two gun No. 9s on the outer.

I thought Hala's kicking game tonight was great.