What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 v Titans

thebigredv

First Grade
In the 12th minute, the Titans received the ball from the kick off and, without a single long-range line-break, went 81 metres in five tackles before scoring.

This isn't rule changes or fatigue or crackdowns or injuries or BBQs or suspensions - it's just garbage.

If this is the product of our defensively-minded, old school disciplinarian coach then may as well write off 2022 as well.

Spot on. No more excuses for us any more. It is just pure, unadulterated garbage.

thebigredv

First Grade
Agree on the offloads. We don’t have much second phase play normally and even less today. Titans looked like the Storm with their offloads…..

I actually think if I am a Titans fan I'm not that impressed with my team today. They invited us in on numerous occasions. Still, nice having a Fifita come off the bench to support Tino and Fotouaika. Who is our Fifita on the bench? Some reject from NZ? who by the way was proably one of our best in carrying out his role.

I want to cry.

Ghostrider22

Juniors
They did make huge yardage against us. That’s what baffles me with Hook and the coaches. If he is an old school defensive coach we shouldn’t be leaking these yards and scores. We mightn’t look pretty but our defence should be first rate. That‘s what Bennett did, defence first then the attack eventually came.We seem to be just all over the shop….
Absolutely right on the mark.👍

kit66

Bench
Mate, you are one of the most level headed posters here. I admire that.
However, we got smashed by a piss poor Titans team...... even by their low standards.
Today was make or break. BBQ gate doesn't cut it. We had enough there to win, but this mob is disjointed and dare I say divided.
Hooks job now is not to focus on 2021, but to clear the deadwood, and find a way to gel this team. Watching players turn on each other says it all.

It's hard to blame this loss on anything but BBQgate. If not for that we have a full strength team minus Rava on the paddock - no suspensions and Vaughan leading the way, a completely different team. We had just 6 of the starters playing in their usual positions and some rookies. Titan's are crap we know but we did it to ourselves long before kick off. The ridiculous amount of errors didn't help but we do that every week. I'll admit the team selections were perplexing - Last week Kerr plays 2nd row for 80 minutes, makes good metres and 40 tackles, this week 23 minutes at prop. Last week JDB played really well as starting prop this week he's a bench prop. Bird to 2nd row ??? and Ramsey at centre when we know Titans love to go wide especially using Fifita out there.
Feagai did really well, we need more like him.

Mitty266

Juniors
Sullivan will get snapped up with a better offer by the storm or something similar, he went to create plays all game long and was given nothing at least he didn’t shut down like Norman has done all season long. Benny hunt same deal he didn’t play that badly just nothing else happening around him… lord give us strength.

Illusion

Bench
The Dragons offered Qld Red V members a chance to Zoom with their favourite Dragons players this coming Tuesday in lieu of the typical face to face sessions. In a moment of optimism late last week I applied.

Sad thing is now I really have nothing to say. If I get picked, I’ll just be shaking my head for the duration of the call.
Easy mate just tell them wrong number ......

If we are going to have players like Ramsey and Dufty in the team (small) we need to play to their strengths. At no point did we create a situation where they could shine. Alternatively, the Titans knew exactly what to do with Fifita, swap him to Ramsey's side. Done.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
It's hard to blame this loss on anything but BBQgate. If not for that we have a full strength team minus Rava on the paddock - no suspensions and Vaughan leading the way, a completely different team. We had just 6 of the starters playing in their usual positions and some rookies. Titan's are crap we know but we did it to ourselves long before kick off. The ridiculous amount of errors didn't help but we do that every week. I'll admit the team selections were perplexing - Last week Kerr plays 2nd row for 80 minutes, makes good metres and 40 tackles, this week 23 minutes at prop. Last week JDB played really well as starting prop this week he's a bench prop. Bird to 2nd row ??? and Ramsey at centre when we know Titans love to go wide especially using Fifita out there.
Feagai did really well, we need more like him.
Feagia and Sullivan deserve to keep their spots for rest of year Dufty has lost interest give Sloane every second week for more experience.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
Hi All, nothing against Gold Coast but they are an ordinary side also. We had a very limited side in today. Everyone on commentary saying how great Fifita is; he ran at Cody Ramsey twice and pushed past … big deal. Let’s see him run against Justin Olam. Our big metre eater Vaughan is gone, Rava suspended for tackling well, Williame injured, Lomax sitting around on reported $650k ( slowpoke anyway) and Alvaro sitting around ( at least makes ground)

Sullivan didn’t look anything out of the box. Probably gassed as hasn’t played much football. Went ok and gets involved.
Ben Hunt is a class player behind a bog terrible pack. We have been persevering with Lawrie and Kerr for so long. Time to offload.
Fegai looks pretty good
Cody Ramsey is looking worse as time goes on. I hate saying that as he tries his best. He looked the goods in his 1st NRL game last year but the sun is slowly setting on an NRL career.
We have recruited McGuire who looks like James Graham mark 2. Very pedestrian player.
Tariq Simms played well in a beaten side. Giving his all.
please recruit fast players Hook. Our recruitment is awful.
strong post! See it similar.

thebigredv

First Grade
If we are going to have players like Ramsey and Dufty in the team (small) we need to play to their strengths. At no point did we create a situation where they could shine. Alternatively, the Titans knew exactly what to do with Fifita, swap him to Ramsey's side. Done.

We don't have the go forward to lay any platform. Two average backlines today but their forwards dominated not surprisingly.

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
All I took out of today's game was that our defence was paper thin and our attack was pedestrian and asked very few questions of the Titan's defence. The forwards were most of the problem, and I am not sure how Hook and Co. can turn it around. Very poor display by the players.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
I like Griffin, he’s a class act. Never blames anyone just says we should be better. I actually think the Magic Round stuffed us and the BBQ episode magnified it more and our squad simply not good enough to overcome these major hurdles. Hunt’s early injury Rava and Lomax loss had a big impact.
Yet, at no stage has Griffin once deflected blame as a reason for poor performance. He’s got an average squad and personally like how he’s navigating some young players in and exposing them to the top grade through injury and little football. I don’t mind the youngsters stuffing up if they are getting some experience. However, seen enough now of some of our forwards not to buy into the ‘work in progress mantra. New recruits very welcome. Let’s get 3 more and 2 top line backs for 2022.

Latest posts