What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 v Titans

kit66

Bench
I think the concerning thing is there has been no progress, quite the opposite.
If we are “a work in progress” then alarm bells are ringing for me.

Sometimes it feels like the opposite, like there are those out to sabotage the club from within. It worries me that WIN is totally beholden to Newscorp / Fox.

Last edited:

Drew-Sta

Staff member
Yesterday’s game is me done for the year. Players have given up. I can’t be f**ked watching them despoil the jersey with their ‘efforts’.

Watching that merkin Dufty with his supposed ‘giving his best because he owes the fans’ was the icing on a season that began with a lot of hope and noticeable improvement only for the whole thing to melt down into an avalanche of effortless diarrhoea.

I’ll see you all next year.

Crush

Coach
Hand on Shark heart!
Did you honestly think we would have a good year this year?
After losing Mcinnes for the season you thought with the squad we had that we would be as high as we are?
Look how many young blokes we have seen trickled into our squad and getting a go when the time is right and some of the right decisions being made to set up for the near future.
I also see steps in the right direction even if it is not showing hugely on field.
They were exceeding my expectations right up until they decided to have the BBQ and drag the brand through the mud. Now they have put a target on our backs and all media and rival fans are rolling around laughing at our demise.

BLM01

First Grade
They were exceeding my expectations right up until they decided to have the BBQ and drag the brand through the mud. Now they have put a target on our backs and all media and rival fans are rolling around laughing at our demise.
True me too
So Hook was doing Ok to good but no doubt BBQ gate has set the club and coaching staff back a peg and that trust has got to be built up again

The players now have dragged the club back 12 months on what he had started to build
We are in repair mode and I Feel sorry for Hook but he has to start over a bit with some things

Some of the 12 playing for us in 22 have now written their own destiny at our club and have a lot of ground to make up to prolong their careers

BLM01

First Grade
Yesterday’s game is me done for the year. Players have given up. I can’t be f**ked watching them despoil the jersey with their ‘efforts’.

Watching that merkin Dufty with his supposed ‘giving his best because he owes the fans’ was the icing on a season that began with a lot of hope and noticeable improvement only for the whole thing to melt down into an avalanche of effortless diarrhoea.

We are 8th
Close the door behind you
I m staying to support

denis preston

First Grade
All the hallmarks of the Mary era , a team that is at sixes and sevens , no true combinations evident , almost as if they were playing their first game together .

We did expect our Dragons to show a different side of themselves in the last 2 matches , that being a fighting spirit , but it simply was not there .

I do not blame Griffin , to me that’s the easy way out - to blame the coach . We need to remember that this same individual who was responsible for their early season form , they had improved dramatically upon last season’s performances .

There is of course the penalty from the BBQ that is weighing heavily on the team , but then again they should be looking at it as they would injuries and play to their strengths.

A very disappointing effort (?) from most today . Perhaps if they had a pin-up on their bedroom walls at home of these true Dragons , then their attitude may be different ?View attachment 51322
Does any of the old bastards like me remember David Burns ? I've never heard of him ?

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Further to David Burns played 16 times for St George on the wing and scored 7 tries......shame hes not still playing with us today

2010Dragons

Bench

These impostor football players are purely their for the money, no pride, no shame and no team unity.
Look at the bulldogs, they are coming last but they are really trying hard.
Our defensive line speed is slower than the vaccine rollout.
looks like everyone was trying their hardest to drop as many balls as possible.
Embarrassing !!!!

Lovemedragons

Juniors
It is no excuse. It doesn't help but it's not the sole reason for our demise. And to think he has to omit the better players in the two tougher matches. Yikes! JDB, Bird, Lawrie to miss Rabbits/Raiders game.

Sad to see some of the more philosophical posters on here saying we are done for 2021. It's unanimous. You know it's bad when it gets to that. No point really singling out players at this point. The club is a bleeding mess. Apart from almost being rid of Norman, we haven't made enough steps forward to say Griffin's been a success. Was already walking into a rabble to be fair.

At the risk of sounding insane, can we throw every single last resource at getting Bellamy over to our club in any capacity?? Failing that, I don't see a saviour on the horizon at all.
Well to prove you are the greatest ever coach then you have to take on a super challenge like the Dragons...Wayne did it and succeeded, time for Craig to have his crack. I can only dream.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors

Dufty, just played like Dufty... this is why he has signed elsewhere. If he was really the super star many believe he is..he should have been a force that helped change the game yesterday. Admittedly we got steam rolled in the forwards but Dufty did nothing of note and will be no great loss

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Dufty, just played like Dufty... this is why he has signed elsewhere. If he was really the super star many believe he is..he should have been a force that helped change the game yesterday. Admittedly we got steam rolled in the forwards but Dufty did nothing of note and will be no great loss
Dufty set the scene for a very ordinary 2nd half by dropping a very easy kick which any fullback would have accepted blind folded. I switched off at that point, we were laughable in a sad way. For someone who might have a point to prove he is proving the point of letting him go.

Carlton

Juniors
My thoughts are:

Tariq Sims did not do his job, its easy to blame Ramsay but he put his body on the line tackling Fifita and slowed him, where was Sims, he should have been hunting Fifita but went missing. Also, in one of Fifitas runs there was Hunt then Ramsay in the defensive line, Hunt got pushed off but at least Ramsay stuck, a second time it was Sullivan and then Ramsay.

I dont know where Jack Bird fits, he is not a backrower, not a center, not a five eighth and as a 14 not fast enough. I do like his competitiveness but not the poor ball control and missed tackles.

Blake Lawrie is not mobile enough for the current game, makes alot of ineffective tackles especially close to the line, eg. in the Titans game he went around the legs when the play was about 2 meters out from the line. He is also slow to get up after making a tackle and gives away a lot of six agains late in the tackle count in the attacking zone.

I dont think all of the teams issues rest with these players, but I do think they are three senior players who need to be upgraded. As far as our juniors go, I think they are little bit off first grade at the moment but with another off season this could change. What I hope is we dont persist with players because they are juniors when its obvious they have deficiencies that are not improving eg. hoping for years that Dufty would become physical and play for the team rather than his highlights reel.

Gareth67

First Grade
Does any of the old bastards like me remember David Burns ? I've never heard of him ?

Jasas H Chrust man ! Now we may very well be bastards , but really , is there any need to call us old also ?

To answer your question I can not recall him myself - lost in the mists of time I am afraid , however I have added his resume of his time at the Dragons . I hope this help Dennis . AEA1A534-38C3-426A-BA05-4F805A49F5BD.jpeg

denis preston

First Grade
Jasas H Chrust man ! Now we may very well be bastards , but really , is there any need to call us old also ?

To answer your question I can not recall him myself - lost in the mists of time I am afraid , however I have added his resume of his time at the Dragons . I hope this help Dennis . View attachment 51343
Thanks Gareth, I'd say he must of played most of those games in 65, i started supporting in 66. lumstan & King must have got injured.

BLM01

First Grade
Look there is a lot of emotion on here after losing a few with some ridiculous statements getting thrown around about why, players, stats etc
Yes all open for debate
But what the facts are that
1. Our defence and contact has become passive again in the past 2-3 months and needs to be addressed amongst concentration and errors
2. We are poor starting sets and it is not only the backs to blame. We miss Rav and to a point Wiliame of all people in that dept
3. Hook has won 4 out if his last 13 (3 are the current bottom 3) and needs to fix pronto because if it continues and he starts slowly next year.. he is gone
4. There is improvement in our attack style and strike but timing and errors are killing us. could he down to different players nearly each week
5. The potential we have out the backs being put on display that has not been there or done for years excites me . Remember some that will kick on will need salary upgrades sooner than later and we need money for that
6. Now for the Forward pack and depth a priority including no 9. I think Hook / recruitment is doing as well as can be ATM to fix based on the cap ness he walked into and trying to not make the same mistakes over paying and getting balance and depth right. He needs time but may not get it
7. Hook needs to still work on culture. I believe he is learning on the run and having some difficulty with the art of modern day coaching trying to balance between his natural go to old style cranky laying down the law to now micro managing the youth way of entitlement and needing cuddles and kisses and the large cultural mixes within. It ain’t easy and I can tell you that 1st hand just at CRL level where most not having managers. Imagine being a NRL coach today.
Anyway I’ll remain patient to a point s asNd will always support positively until we eventually turn back to a real compete force again.. I hope 😉