What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 v Titans

Como Connection

First Grade
An abysmal performance- selection blunders (Ramsey in the centres???), one out running with the support about 5 metres behind (as usual), no second phase play as a result. It was grown men against boys in terms of physical strength- he's not fashionable but the only forward who could hold his head up after that effort was Blake Lawrie- at least he ran hard and threw his body into the tackle unlike his arm grabber team mates. I thought Fainai showed some good signs as well- probably with his bigger body should have swapped positions with Ramsey.
McGuire was our best forward for sure.
CC

getsmarty

Immortal
I think 2021 is over, in my opinion we’ll be lucky to win another game. But that’s not what’s worrying me. Given the player turnover & recruitment for 2022 I don’t see where the improvement comes from next year? Then we’ll be back on the coaching merry go round & back to square one.

Honest question...you don't think Molo and Sua along with a few more recruits will improve our lineup next year ?.Many factors have thrown a spanner in the works in 21...

Suspensions...1 example..Rava is our best right sided winger and how many games has he played along with Lomax. ? ..Suspensions...this year would have to be a record ....the impact is that we cannot put our best or consistent lineup on the park all year.
Griffin has had to deal with cutting out the dead wood....more to come dependent on who we can bring in.

Our depth was already skinny this Year....they know this and are targeting recruits to bolster the roster...

It was never going to be a quick fix....

Drakon

Juniors
I made a video of today's game with the Benny Hill theme of all of the dropped balls etc. I needed to. I cant share it on YouTube as it is Fox footage. Any idea how I can share it with you guys?
Download Dropbox if you don't have it (free version). Put the video in and share the link here. Hope this helps if you still want to post it.

Inisai Toga

Juniors
There should have been a change of tactics after 20 minutes on 2 levels. The tits were making meterage on almost every attacking run. By their fifth tackle, we were returning the ball deep from our territory. We then played our usual bash and barge on five with absolutely no second phase play or trying to run into gaps with little success. Therefore we should have kicked early and often and play the game in the tits half. Every team knows what our game plan is. We've been playing it for years thanks to McGregor. It's too late now for this year. Can't see us winning another game. Hope I'm wrong.
kicking game poor last week, possibly why Norman still in the mix.

BLM01

First Grade
f**k off merkin. I’ve done more to support this club than you ever have. I believe in the rebuild Hook is performing and I trust what Webb is doing in the head office, but the utter shitmerkin effort on Sunday is a slap in the face of every supporter of this club.

After what they did at that stupid BBQ, the least they could do as a team is get out there and have a dig. The only thing they’ve dug is the hole for our season before jumping in and burying any chance of a top 8 berth.

So before you get all f**king high and mighty, have a think about the disrespect they’ve shown our club and the rubbish they’re dishing up. I’ll wait for Hook to thrash these pricks in the off season before returning to see their
nah RVD i think he’s too tough for that imo, flat maybe but not defeated
I reckon simmering underneath snd pissed off
They say Hook is a good poker player

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Tend to agree with your first 2 points. However, the turnover had to happen, the 'vocals' of our playing group will be missed in part, but, there influence won't. Therefore, I think we will see a far more 'settled' squad next year. Agree, a couple of those who I thought would have known better, have disappointed in their leadership roles. Hopefully, with the influencers moving on (and not all are mind you), their heads may get pulled in somewhat.
This is where the improvement will come from, the fact that we have players with natural talent, ready to burst onto the scene (including a couple we haven't seen in 1st grade yet), some pure leadership from our leadership group and a more happy squad. Our recruitment, whilst looking pale in comparison to a few other teams, has been selective. Molo and Sua are very good acquisitions, and whilst I'm not sure about Burgess, he's only on an incentive based contract. Some gates haven't opened in the player market as yet, and it is prudent to have something in reserve just in case.

At this stage, I can't see Hook being moved on, but, I will reserve judgement until about this point next season.

The BBQ incident was effectively Covid related and I think it would be highly unfair to Hook to make a judgement on him (or any other coach for that matter) till he's had a full Covid free season with players living in their own homes and playing in front of their own fans.
On current indications, it's quite possible that 2022 may not be much better than 2021 in that regard. In effect the first 12 months of Hook's 2 year contract has been definitely severely compromised and the next 12 months could be as well. I'd be offering a minimum 12 month extension as a gesture of faith and to give him time to put his stamp on the team.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
The BBQ incident was effectively Covid related and I think it would be highly unfair to Hook to make a judgement on him (or any other coach for that matter) till he's had a full Covid free season with players living in their own homes and playing in front of their own fans.
On current indications, it's quite possible that 2022 may not be much better than 2021 in that regard. In effect the first 12 months of Hook's 2 year contract has been definitely severely compromised and the next 12 months could be as well. I'd be offering a minimum 12 month extension as a gesture of faith and to give him time to put his stamp on the team.

It wouldn't surprise me if it were a 2yr extension tbh

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Worst game of the year, hang on, Nah Dogs was worse, wait...Tigers...Nah Dogs a tad worse.

Against Titans, Tigers x 2 and Dogs not only lose but conceding 70pts. If they won those 4 by 2 they would be 76point better than Sharks and 8 pts clear of 9th with 6 games to go. Talk about capitulation.

Hook has lost the dressing room for me. To put in 4 terrible performances like that is not right. The players not responding to his methods and should be held accountable but he still picks them and their is no faith showed back to repay him for the trust. No care factor at all. And if this Lomax this is true that is sad as he is our future. A superstar in the making and Roosters ready to pounce. They know a star when they see one unfortunately Saints don't. Why would Lomax be pi$$ed? Well, I don't know, Saints sack his best mate and Norman is not may be part of that.
I am not surprised if there is a split camp with the Hook ring-ins/Qldrs v the rest of the squad. They seem to be favored from what I can see.

Next year will be another frustrating year. If Saints don't extend and wait till the end of the season to make a decision on Hook that will be the key. I just hope we don't see another Mary scenario where they start well and he gets extended for 3 years to be announced on Anzac day. That day has scarred me as I am always reminded of Price and Mary extensions being announced. Maybe Hook is next.

thebigredv

First Grade
Worst game of the year, hang on, Nah Dogs was worse, wait...Tigers...Nah Dogs a tad worse.

Against Titans, Tigers x 2 and Dogs not only lose but conceding 70pts. If they won those 4 by 2 they would be 76point better than Sharks and 8 pts clear of 9th with 6 games to go. Talk about capitulation.

Hook has lost the dressing room for me. To put in 4 terrible performances like that is not right. The players not responding to his methods and should be held accountable but he still picks them and their is no faith showed back to repay him for the trust. No care factor at all. And if this Lomax this is true that is sad as he is our future. A superstar in the making and Roosters ready to pounce. They know a star when they see one unfortunately Saints don't. Why would Lomax be pi$$ed? Well, I don't know, Saints sack his best mate and Norman is not may be part of that.
I am not surprised if there is a split camp with the Hook ring-ins/Qldrs v the rest of the squad. They seem to be favored from what I can see.

Next year will be another frustrating year. If Saints don't extend and wait till the end of the season to make a decision on Hook that will be the key. I just hope we don't see another Mary scenario where they start well and he gets extended for 3 years to be announced on Anzac day. That day has scarred me as I am always reminded of Price and Mary extensions being announced. Maybe Hook is next.

Tend to agree or at least suspect that this is the case.

It's a fact that our squad is still very weak, even in comparison to what most of the lower sides will boast next year.

I still think Hook deserves a season where we can keep all the players on the field and more importantly a season with a better five eight. Players aren't responding but they are clearly a misfit bunch.

BLM01

First Grade

Slippery..you are sliding back

Dragon David

First Grade
The Titans are now in 7th spot on the ladder after 20 rounds. However, they will play Cowboys, Bunnies, Storm, Knights and Warriors in their last 5 games. So if they lose to B,S & K and win against C and W, they will end up on 22 points with maybe a smallish negative on their for and against. Our problem is that we play Raiders, Panthers, Roosters, Cowboys and Bunnies and even if we beat the Raiders and Cowboys and I cannot see us beating the others, we also will be on 22 points but our for and against, currently -82, will not be good as what I think it will be as compared to the Titans.

The Knights play Broncos, Sharks, Bulldogs, Titans and Broncos. Their for and against at the moment is the worst at -147, but they should beat Broncos x 2, Sharks, Bulldogs but the Titans will beat them. So they will end up on 26 points and be 7th on the end of year ladder.

The Sharks play Warriors, Knights, Tigers, Broncos and Storm. Their for and against currently is -58. They should beat Warriors, Tigers, Broncos and be beaten by Knights and Storm which means they will end up on 24 points. This will mean that the 7th and 8th positions on the ladder will be held by the Knights and Sharks.

I'm therefore predicting we end up 10th.

Latest posts