What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs Bunnies

Big Pete

Referee
So the side now looks like:

1. Karmichael Hunt
2. Antonio Winterstein
3. Steve Michaels
4. Justin Hodges
5. Alex Glenn
6. Aaron Gorrell
7. Peter Wallace
8. Josh McGuire
9. Andrew McCullough
10. Joel Clinton
11. Guy Williams
12. Ben Te'o
13. Corey Parker

14. Tonie Carroll
15. Lagi Setu
16. Dave Taylor
17. Josh Hoffman

This is going to be a true test of character for the Broncos - if they fail to win on Friday it's fair to say season 2009 is well and truly over even if we do make the finals.

With that said, I don't understand how we can lose without Lockyer, Thaiday and Folau. I mean the side we've name is still extremely competitive and if they come out with the right attitude they should smoke the Bunnies.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Tunza to 5/8. Lockyer out doesn't worry me as much as Hodges/Lockyer being out.

The thing is Hodges is less effective without Lockyer there as Lockyer gives him good fast early ball. With the said, Hodges is still very dangerous on his own and we need him! Gorell at 5/8 really scares me, he didn't even excel in his preferred position, hooker! Why isn't B Hunt playing at halfback and move Wallace to 5/8?

renouf

Juniors
Yeah but I think we showed last year that while Hodges, Hunt, Wallace were in the team we could still beat sides. Hodges makes a massive difference.. even if Lockyer isn't there.

Hunt can still set up plays for Hodges, and Hodges can in turn setup players around him.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Why isn't B Hunt playing at halfback and move Wallace to 5/8?

Did you not see Ben Hunt's debut? That is probably the reason. He is a mile off being FG standard. We have enough options rather than bringing up Hunt. My biggest concern is next week, we "should" get the job done tonight, but next week the Tits could really put a number on us without Lockyer.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Did you not see Ben Hunt's debut? That is probably the reason. He is a mile off being FG standard. We have enough options rather than bringing up Hunt. My biggest concern is next week, we "should" get the job done tonight, but next week the Tits could really put a number on us without Lockyer.

If you actually look at the Souths team they have a pretty good side on paper. Especially with J Sutton having a blinder last week. And when they do get it right, they can be very hard to beat. I'm sorry, but I'm concerned :(. Broncos still though by 8 is my tip :D. Actually alot may depend on who backs up for origin, Hunt/Hodges for the Broncos and Wing/Crocker for Souths.

Big Pete

Referee
Thank goodness for that!

I've got a good feeling about this game. I think the boys will lift without Locky and Sammy.

lockyno1

Post Whore
Can't crucify the kid for a bad game on debut. I can't see Gorell doing a better job tbh, I hope I am wrong!

At least Gorrell won't kick the ball into our markers about 10 times in one game like Hunt did! Dead set he would not have even got a 0/10 for that game. He is a talent but way off FG standard

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
f**k me!

3. Hodges

Wallace tried hard but simply doesn't have the skill. Neither defence or attack was any good tonight :(.

Dazzat

First Grade
3. Tony De Heras ... tackled the Rabbits players better than any other.
2. Hodges
1. Wallace

Ghoulies

Bench
Season effectively over, whether we make the 8 or not. Whoever let the club get to its current state must get the chop. I'm not sure if it was the doing of Henjak this season, or if Cullen has been responsible for what's a gradual loss of genuine first grade talent.

Such a depressing season.

3. Hodges
2. Wallace
1. Hunt

We missed Lockyer dearly in attack, but our forwards played like powderpuffs and our left edge defence was beyond appalling. I think we may have seen the last of Steve Michaels in the centres (maybe first grade too).

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Wallace tried his heart out but he had no back up at all. Hodges was fantastic and we really need him to stay on the field. Michaels got raped in defence, he is shocking and I seriously can't figure out why he didn't swap with Glenn??

Twigg

Juniors
f**k me our season is over. We are a laughing stock.

Something must be going on backstage. I don't think the players give a stuff anymore. Henjak is no good either. If we still had Bennett then we wouldn't have an average of 40 points every game. He was good at getting your head on the right way. Then you see where Saints are.

Karmichael Hunt's very long decision on his future I don't think is helping either as surely it would be affecting him.

On the game, Hodges was our only real player. The rest were spastic.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Wallace tried his heart out but he had no back up at all. Hodges was fantastic and we really need him to stay on the field. Michaels got raped in defence, he is shocking and I seriously can't figure out why he didn't swap with Glenn??

Hodges is the only really shining light for mine. I don't think there's too much to look forward to next year either. It's not like we are buying any players, just losing more and more...