What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

johns_reds

First Grade
Pretty strong team named, only player i'd swap is mcguire and sims, but I'm not unhappy that mcguire is there either. Otherwise pretty happy with the team, should be a good game, i'm tipping hopefully broncos by 8!

Lycon79

Juniors
The Team looks good this week I think the Broncos will do it in a close one.Hopefully we can kick start our run into the finals

I would've like to see Lui and/or Hala off the bench before it gets too close to the finals and thought this maybe a good oppurtunity against one of the smaller packs in the comp. They may have to wait until next year know.

Broncos fan!

Juniors
The Team looks good this week I think the Broncos will do it in a close one.Hopefully we can kick start our run into the finals

I would've like to see Lui and/or Hala off the bench before it gets too close to the finals and thought this maybe a good oppurtunity against one of the smaller packs in the comp. They may have to wait until next year know.

Why's that? Yes they are great talents, but if it has anything to do with looking towards the future then I think we already are because Ivan went with Dodds and McGuire, two young props, over Anderson and Sims, two older props.

AuDragon

Juniors
The best part is that this nearly full strength Broncos team is also one of the youngest and rivals the so-called Origin period "baby Broncos" in age average.
Very promising future!

It won't be easy, but this game should mark the start of the run towards a top 4 position. Can't see the Titans stopping us...

Big Pete

Referee
Not to mention Lui has floundered in the Toyota Cup since his call up.

I haven't seen Hala play in 2010, I heard his fitness isn't up to NRL standard but what I saw of him down in the Toyota Cup last year I believe he'd be a weapon off the bench.

Is anyone heading down to the game at all?

I still need to make the trip...but I'm catching up with my cousin who I usually go to the games with, shoot some pool :)lol: nearly wrote people...) with him and chow down on some pizza while the Broncos hopefully make it 2/2 on our local rivals.

Lycon79

Juniors
Why's that? Yes they are great talents, but if it has anything to do with looking towards the future then I think we already are because Ivan went with Dodds and McGuire, two young props, over Anderson and Sims, two older props.

No real reason, I Have been keen to see these two guys get a crack all season especially Hala and just feel the closer to the finals we get the less chance he has of making the top 17. He scored two tries the other week in QLD cup albeit relativly easy trys he did show good foot work and speed IMO but as Pete said his fitness is below par and would only really suit a bench spot which is why i said they may have to wait till next year

Dazzat

First Grade
I haven't seen Hala play in 2010, I heard his fitness isn't up to NRL standard but what I saw of him down in the Toyota Cup last year I believe he'd be a weapon off the bench.

Happened to catch (a bit of) the Queensland Cup game on the weekend. Hala played for Redcliffe and played the house down. Big man with a big step and some pace. Believe he scored a try and set one or two up and was getting big wraps from the commentators.

Big Pete

Referee
It's times like these where I need Seagulls Rocks to hit me with reality...

But seriously, why hasn't Hala received a go in first grade?

Lycon79

Juniors
It's times like these where I need Seagulls Rocks to hit me with reality...

But seriously, why hasn't Hala received a go in first grade?

This is what I've been crowing all season I know he has had some injuries but I thought He'd get a go before Dodds and Lui but now I think he will have to wait till next year.

Big Pete

Referee
Alas, the most you'll see of Big Dave at the Broncos is a clip of him on YouTube benching 182kgs.

Game day, get excited people.

AuDragon

Juniors
IMO you just can't justify given those kids a go at this stage of the season, with everything on the line.
Besides, our forwards have been performing generally well and with the likes of Setu, Sims and Anderson are sent back to Qcup despite good performances, Hala and Lui just will have to wait.

Next year is going to be even tougher unless there is a string of injuries to the forwards.
Hannant, Tronc and Kenny will take the 3 first prop spots, Thaiday, Te'o and Gillett the 3 first spots in the second row, with Glenn likely to sneak in for the utility role, it should only leave one spot on the bench to be hard fought between Dodds, Anderson, McGuire, Hala, Lui, Ahern and possibly Clayton, Lingwoodock and the new kid around the block to watch: Mboya Adams.
That is if Henjak doesn't decide to keep alternating Hunt and Macca in the number 9...

Big Pete

Referee
Don't get me wrong, it's far too late to use Hala now but I always wondered why he wasn't used earlier.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
I would have liked to see Hala given a go as well.

I saw one game of his and he played quite well. Although I understand the fitness concerns as when Redcliffe were attacking inside the 20m line Hala was 5m behind the line with his hands on his head!

Now that T Sims is gone-ski it puts extra pressure on one of our other youngsters to be "the one". Lui doesn't seem to be going too well atm, cant even dominate the 20's!

Broncos fan!

Juniors
Don't get me wrong, it's far too late to use Hala now but I always wondered why he wasn't used earlier.

Because he copped a pretty bad injury at the start of the year and once he got back on the field he had dropped down the pecking order and his fitness was pretty bad.

I am quite confident in saying that Hala would have been in the 17 at the start of the year if he was 100% healthy at the time and throughout the preseason. It's really unfortunate for him because he was a really good prop last year and was looking like he could really add something this year.

screeder

Juniors
Awesome defensive effort. Especially goal line defence. Look out boys and girls other teams are going to sit up and take notice, its only gonna get tougher now. Admittedly Titans attack is not good and nor is their defence for that matter.

3 Hoffman
2 Parker
1 Lockyer

MightyBronco

Juniors
Another dud game from the Number 9. He's crap both sides of the ball. When Hunts on the team goes so much better.

Thats about 23 dud games in a row for him now i reckon.

Latest posts