What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs. Titans Discussion + Voting

user_nat

Coach
He made like 40 tackles.. in what 50ish minutes?

edit: 37 actually (0 miss). Hunt made 12 (1 miss). So Macca has a use.

Last edited:

8Ball

First Grade
Proud of the boys tonight. Tremendous goal line defence again. Something needs to be done about the yardage that the opposition is able to get going out of their own half though.

3. Hoffman
2. Parker
1. Lockyer.

McCullough needs a spell out of first grade. He is terrible at the moment.

AuDragon

Juniors
Goal line defense won us this game undoubtedly, but we can and should improve the ruck defense, where we gave away too many meters. Nathan Friend put us on the backfoot every time and had a very good game. Henjak should make Macca watch this game 10 times over, to see if he can lift his game.

3- Hoffman
2- Lockyer
1- Parker

I can't resist it... Karmichael Who??? :p

P.S. Big Pete, who did you support tonight?

8Ball

First Grade
He made like 40 tackles.. in what 50ish minutes?

edit: 37 actually (0 miss). Hunt made 12 (1 miss). So Macca has a use.

A lot of tackles he made I noticed were opposition forwards pushing him backwards acres upfield. Has offered nothing out of our own half. Can't get forwards over the advantage line. Stifles our attack, makes runs for about 3 or 4m, then gets tackled ball and all, 1 on 1, followed by a slow play the ball..

Quite obvious that when Lockyer or Hunt go into dummy half, our forwards seem to be able to make more metres..

cornerposter

Juniors
2 Hoffman
1 Parker
1 Wallace
1 Teo

Thought McGuire was great tonight for his 30 odd minutes.

A character building win tonight. Until Roger's dubious send off, we couldn't take a trick. I swear we need to learn to lay in the ruck like every other team. These f**kin refs have stopped caring.

Lycon79

Juniors
3.Hoffman
2. Parker
1. Hunt

Would of given the 1 point to Teo if it wasn't for that bombed try :crazy::lol::lol:.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
3. Hoffman
2. Gillette
1. Parker

Great scramble defence but alot of mistakes. I agree that we somehow need to lie in the ruck a bit more like other teams because the Titans play the ball was so much faster. This could have something to do with not very dominant tackles. We also need to move up to meet the defence.

Even though Rogers got sent off unfairly I thought we were easily the better team. The Titans couldn't buy a try and we could have won by more if we didn't bomb a couple of tries.

All in all a pretty good performance. Won't win us a premiership but we still have room for improvement imo.

AuDragon

Juniors
I wonder why everyone's calling the Rogers sin binning unfair or wrong...?

Yow Yeh was tackled and trying to get to his feet when Rogers and Prince jumped him in a second effort. This and the fact that 2/3 of their team was still offside while they were laying on Yow Yeh, makes it a very simple professional foul, ergo :arrow::arrow::arrow: Sin Bin!

screeder

Juniors
How funny was the last try. Wallace trying to boot the thing out rebounding straight back to him. Nothing else to do but run through the line. Great ball to Yoh Yeh though.

The Teo bombed try had comedy value too when you watch it again. Didn't at the time though.

Steve_oneskie

Juniors
My first thought was that it was a professional foul but with the benefit of hindsight it should have just been play on gordon did fall off the tackle and rogers and prince had every right to go in and complete the tackle, i'm not complaining though it really did swing the game in the broncos favour.

AuDragon

Juniors
I know the commentators saw it that way, but I reckon the Tits had Gillet covered, so taking the tackle was the better option.

This

Even so, Rogers wouldn't have heard it.
You could hear it on TV clearly. IMO it was a clear example of a professional foul. Having said that, Prince should have been the one sin-binned, but he was the captain, blah blah...

I'm happy to agree to disagree with you though! ;-)