What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 vs. Warriors Discussion + Voting

hellteam

First Grade
I think Griffin is trying to play Gillett back into form by playing him as much ad possible. Surely he will have a good game eventually, which will bring the confidence back

DeeJ

Bench
To be fair Gilllett was running the ball strong in his last game for the Broncos.

Big Pete

Referee
I just hope the selection means that he'll play on the fringe and not up the middle.

Basically all I want to see tonight is a good strong performance from our forwards, some depth in our backline and to see our spine freakin' pass the ball.

IBA

Juniors
to see our spine freakin' pass the ball.

We can only dream Pete...

I'm hoping (again) for a solid performance from Corey Norman from the opening stages, not just coming into the game at the 60 minute mark if we're winning... Will be key in the run home. Can't wait to see Glenn with a little room out left, he is a real finisher when we get close to the line.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Satisfied with the win, almost got screwed by the refs, but I am still concerned about the effectiveness of our attack. We just can't seem to find the tryline when we need to.

Wallace wasn't as shocking as he was last week but still, you can't play as Halfback like that come finals time.

Nerd

Bench
Satisfied with the win, almost got screwed by the refs, but I am still concerned about the effectiveness of our attack. We just can't seem to find the tryline when we need to.

Wallace wasn't as shocking as he was last week but still, you can't play as Halfback like that come finals time.
Yep we seem lost when we get within 20 metres of the try line. Wallace seems to be struggling so maybe carrying an injury. If so give him a rest and give Hunt a run.

3. Parker
2. Petero
1. McCullough

hellteam

First Grade
Wallace has gotten worse as the year has gone on, would love to see Beale slot in to fullback in attack still.

3. McCullough
2. Petero
1. Parker.

All in all , good win, we needed it with the tough run we have coming up.

Snappy

Coach
Gusty win to hang on I reckon. They were throwing everything at us in that last 20 mins but we held on. I almost had a heart attack on that last play.

Pretty pleased with the two points.

cornerposter

Juniors
Good atmosphere tonight. Always nice to send the Kiwis home with their tail between their legs. Thought the refs were terrible tonight, almost as bad as our kicking game.
The boys really upped the 'hardness' ante in that 2nd half. Dodds probably had his best game in a while by making a contribution off the bench. The pack won it for us tonight.
Hoffman needs to provide more in attack, maybe Hellteam's idea is a good one.

3 Parker
2 McGuire
1 Macca

Pig Mouth

Juniors
The refs eyes were "painted on" as one of the commentators said.

We won though. Just too good in the end.

Last edited:

lockyno1

Post Whore
Hard game to judge, it was wet, ugly. However lets be honest, this was a finals-type win, grinding it out. I am more happy with this win than winning 30-0, it shows the team can still win whilst playing rubbish, it was a Melbourne-like defensive performance.

ranga68

Juniors
were lucky to get away with it tonight norman just needed to put the ball out.
3 to parker
2 mcguire
1 hunt
very wet footy finals have come early
hodges was lazy in defence tonight both trys down his side

AceAv

Juniors
I can't believe Norman didn't just kick it out behind our line! -I guess the Warriors still woulda had 1 more play. I was just saying all night NZ are gonna win this @ the death I know it. But the bronx just kept turning up for tackles.

I feel Hoffman (tho is rock solid in defence and mostly catching) has really dropped off those hammering runs that bend them back. His attack is nil. I think he hasn't been 100% all year. Just glad he's playing still.

Definately a tribute to the forwards not one of them slouched all night and MoM coulda gone to numerous players.

I thought our worst player was Hodges. He has become so predictable with his DH runs and it paid of 1/8 times tonight. Maybe he is still getting over a bruising few weeks... But tonight Macca stepped up with some serious work and another beautiful 40/20 -we always seem to drop the ball from the next play though!

Norman's game tonight was pretty good. That little try was what he does best -Catching deflections. He has the speed and finesse to be able to manage that style, but his long range kicking game definately needs work. Warriors deep kicks were way better tonight and made our better tackling ability look ordinary. Hunt had a pretty good game and it was such a shame he didn't look left to pass in those 2 seconds he had. We probably would have scored if Wal didn't drop it. And if Maloney had kicked better we may have been cursing this moment.

But we played the wet weather style just a little better. I see the Warriors as a team that's at our level at the moment, in terms of skill. We still arn't at Manly & Melbourne's standard -even the dogs might have a leg up over us (pun intended).

The refs tonight pissed me off with their penalties and inconsistency. Luckly NZ felt sorry for us and squared the ledger with those dropped balls and missed conversions. Happy to win at home for a change and I'm pretty proud of the boys for tonight. Was a real "make or break defining game".

Last thing to add: Glenn>Copley anyone?

3 Macca
2 Parker
1 Hoffman -For that f**king try saver!!

Nightward

Juniors
Good, tough game. Although the officiating was pretty poor, there wasn't any of the garbage the Sharks came up here with last game, just a massive physical contest.

I still don't know what the go is with McCollough. Either he needs to play the whole match, Ben Hunt needs to play the whole match, or they need to axe both and play Baptiste. He has a lot of talent, and has really improved, but at the club level the hooker should be out there for the whole 80. It seems like they are trying to hold on to all the youngsters and keep their options open, but it's past time to make the tough call; there's enough firepower and utility on the bench as it is. I suppose with Te'o leaving us next season ( :( ) that eases a bit of pressure, but still.

Don't usually do points, but to join the crowd:

3. Josh McGuire
2. Andrew McCollough
1. Ben Hannant

JamesBrandy

Juniors
Great win by the boys!

I was surprised to see Hannant starting from the bench. IMO Hannant and McGuire have been our two best props all season by a long way.

That said, Petero made some good charges last night.