What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 19 Wrap Up

Seriously, wtf was that sh!t last night!? How that can happen to a team not once, but twice in a season is beyond belief. :crazy:

Mini was in God mode at the back, Taka shows some class, Les Boyd rolled his sleeves up, and even everyone's fave whipping boy Bwaiffy went ok.........but our attack in the opposition 30 is still laughable. I actually half hope we drop it before we get there to avoid the embarrassment of the predictable clusterf**k our halves produce. Bombs awaaaayyyyyyyyyyy.

Well the tragicomedy Rooster road train wreck heads west for a clash with our bogey team this weekend, the might of the Riff awaits. Who knows what wacky adventures the boys will get up to this week...............stay tuned.

H.H

Juniors
To think I was actually arguing with some nuffy on why our biggest rivalry is against the Chooks.

The two games this year will never be forgotten, and good luck in trying to get youngsters to believe you when you tell them about it.
The last 5 games between our clubs have now gone down to the wire, going back to the 2nd clash in 2010 when Aubossun scored very late to win it for us. From there:

Round 1 2011 - Rooster led something like 28 - 6...Souffs stormed back to lead 29-28 before Symonds scored late (twice) to seal it for us
Round 2 2011 - Sandow kicks a 50m field goa in extra tome to win it.

We all know what's happened in rounds 1 and 2 this year.

Monday night gutted me worse than any other game for 10+ years reckon (GF losses aside). Gonna take me a while to get over that one.

I reckon we could easily be in the 8 if you throw in ANZAC Day and the Warriors game which we also butchered. 6 points just slaughtered.

Great potential in this team and I hope these brutal lessons have been taken on board by our young team.

2013 looks good I reckon.

Valheru

Coach
Great potential in this team and I hope these brutal lessons have been taken on board by our young team.

2013 looks good I reckon.

This is the only positive IF in fact they do learn the lesson.

If I have to read how great an advertisement the game was for the competition I think I will vomit. All I know is that 50uff$ fans are extremely happy and every second they continue to smile is an insult on my livelihood. I will be death riding them right up until they get booted out of the finals.

If it is a dogs/50uff$ grand final I will leave the country.

H.H

Juniors
So are we still doing points or what? If not, why? Mine this week are:

3 - Mini
2 - Cordner
1 - Taka

Taka was in line for 3 but he made 2 crucial defensive errors in those last 2 tries which cost us the game....especially the first of those 2 tries.

I wiped Taka off my points when he rushed out of the line, idiocy. Such idiocy that initially yelled out "f**king Dowall" Because that was an SKD special!

3 Kennedy - this man in the second half really stood up. He was making 10 metres a carry and was taking 2 hitups a set when we needed a forward to step up. He's still recovering from a bad foot injury but he was great in a crucial period where we needed him
2 Cordner - Future star, future captain, give him whatever he wants to stay. Saved our arse late big time but in the end for the nothing
1 Minichiello - Mini drops because of his error in judgement that resulted in a line drop out. I can't remember if they scored from it but it annoyed me. Safe at the back otherwise and put the body on the line, something very rare in our teams. It's clear to me he cares more about the club than our captain, halfback and other players in the team, coach included.

adamkungl

Immortal
Sorry i've been a bit hopeless with the points, but dead set there are some weeks where no merkin deserves them. On the weekend I'll have a look back and add up whatever there is.

Umm..
3 Mini
2 Cordner
1 Guerra

H.H

Juniors
I wiped Taka off my points when he rushed out of the line, idiocy. Such idiocy that initially yelled out "f**king Dowall" Because that was an SKD special!

3 Kennedy - this man in the second half really stood up. He was making 10 metres a carry and was taking 2 hitups a set when we needed a forward to step up. He's still recovering from a bad foot injury but he was great in a crucial period where we needed him
2 Cordner - Future star, future captain, give him whatever he wants to stay. Saved our arse late big time but in the end for the nothing
1 Minichiello - Mini drops because of his error in judgement that resulted in a line drop out. I can't remember if they scored from it but it annoyed me. Safe at the back otherwise and put the body on the line, something very rare in our teams. It's clear to me he cares more about the club than our captain, halfback and other players in the team, coach included.
Yeah, that was unforgivable.

In that last try too, he attempted a ridiculous ankle tap on Mcqueen when he was nowhere near him. If he stays on his feet, he could've been useful further downfield.