What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 (2008) Ninjas v Titans

Hallatia

Referee
We wait patiently in trepidation. Debate update: I have just returned from the local hospital (a delicate term in China) where I was treated for an oesophageal blockage due to the damage done by having a sprinkled Nutella chunk of bread lodged in my throat - definitely not bread for fairies :) I suppose I should have had gallons of red cordial to wash it down.
there are only 2 explantions for that. The first would assume this actually happenned and say that it was because you used crappy bread. the second, more likely explanation, is that the story you just told was a fabrication. You probably have not even tried nutella fairy bread, or have but don't want to weaken your team's debate by admitting that it is a lot better than the traditional fairy bread

Willow

Assistant Moderator
NINJAS

Hallatia
Scapegoating
748 words
An honest effort although the player appeared to go missing in the backline at times.
Subject matter was good.
Score: 80

Freddo
(by proxy)
Putting the control back in your remote control
747 words
A free flowing display and some novel ideas. A few handling errors but not enough to detract away from a good all round effort.
Score: 87

jamesgould
State of Residence
750 words
Some barging runs, and the player certainly raised a few eye-brows with his hard, straight running throughout the contest. The opposition however, seemed to find a few holes in the player's defence.
Score: 85

paulquinn49
The PQ Story (Part 1)
750 words
A joy to watch this player strut his stuff on the paddock. A personal tale with the right amount of humour. One or two missed tackles but this took nothing away from an otherwise dazzling performance.
Score: 89

Raider Azz
Game Breakers
581 words
A late inclusion off the bench and the player didn't get a great deal of game time. Nevertheless, the player seemed to be still keen after the full time siren.
In a sporting gesture, the opposition captain raised no objection to the slight delay (and it was only a minute or two), so the referee was happy to stay on the pitch and make a ruling in the player's favour.
Despite being underdone, not a bad attempt at the subject matter.
Score: 79

TOTAL NINJAS: 420

TITANS

Robster
Samoa – The Next Heavy Weight of Rugby League.
750 words
High praise for Samoa as the possible future RL heavyweight. The player made good yards while researching a familiar theme, but fell away around the half way point.
Score: 75

Titan Uranus
Intelligent Footballers, an Oxymoron?
749 words
Impressive debut. The analogies around the ruck worked great. The player showed that F7s can embrace almost any topic, and still identify it to be a distant relative of rugby league.
Score: 92

Titanic
The Immaculate Perception
748 words
Waxing lyrical with biblical verse to describe the Rugby League Genesis. A polished display from a player who often puts up his hand for the team.
Score: 88

tits&tans
Undisputed Dominion
744 words
Very funny look at why rugby league is simply the best. Some great hit ups and an overall solid performance.
Score: 89

Amadean
Rugby League is not like Fairy Bread
743 words
Unpredictable player who appears to have bamboozled the defence. Original game plan and novel use of the flying wedge.
Score: 91

TOTAL TITANS: 435

RESULT:
TITANS def NINJAS 435-420
POTM: Titan Uranus

Well played everyone.

Titan Uranus

Juniors
Wow. I'm flabbergasted. Ever since I was a small child I dreamed of making an F7s team. Never in my wildest dreams would I have expected to be the POTM on my debut. I couldn't have done it without the support of my team mates, so I would like to share my POTM bottle of Champagne with them. As I'm new to this could you tell me if it gets sent as a bottle or I just get a voucher? Right, I'm off down the pub to drink my age in pints followed by a trip to the nightclub to celebrate in style a gram of coke, two women, three fights and four Magnums.

Titanic

First Grade
Great effort Titans - we have weathered the "first up nerves" and can only go forward from here. Congrats TU (you li'l devil) have one for me. Ninja's better luck next time. (Hey H the bread was fine, the Nutella "amusing" but the "100's & 1,000's" were stale). Thanks for the effort Willow - 5v5 is a big enough effort but 2 games?

LeagueNut

First Grade
blah-grumpy.gif

Backpacker Points

3 points - Titan Uranus (Titans) :clap:
2 points - Amadean (Titans) :mrgreen:
1 point - tits&tans (Titans) & paulquinn49 (Ninjas) :D

Robster

Bench
75? Strike me.

Well done Ninjas for a fine display. To my fellow Titans theres only one thing sweeter then being unbeaten for 2 matches, thats being unbeaten for more then 3 matches. Lets keep it up. TU awesome MOM debut buddy.

paulquinn49

Bench
Quite happy with my 89 thanks Willow, be sure to keep checking in over the next couple of rounds, as the saga will continue.

thanks for the marking also, well done titans.

Raider Azz

Bench
cheers for counting my article willow, and cheers titans for the good sportsmanship in allowing it to be counted. obviously was a bit of a rush job as i had about an hour to finish it, but at least i got it in time (albeit a couple of minutes late). congrats titans and good match :D

Latest posts