What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 CANBERRA RAIDERS V MELBOURNE STORM

dubby

Bench
The Raiders played extremely well in patches. We showed everyone we can play footy. THe next step is doing so consistently. I admit this will be hard when injuries are reeking havoc with the side, but with 7 regulars missing last week I thought the team played very well.

Once again, ball control cost us dearlyand some dubious calls went against us which didnt help, but I feel it was the Storms offloading that put them into the game.

Is it just me, or do the Storm seem to get away with laying in the play the ball more than any other team?

Sydney_Raider

Juniors
Yeah I think it will be a week or two for TLL. Withers and Dunneman can bide their time in PL, with Costigan to cover for Tongue at hooker. One of them could possibly come off the bench. Not sure where this would leave Zillman though as I don't see him as a long term fullback option.

Think TLL is better suited to 2nd row where he can concentrate on hit ups.

viking

Juniors
TLL,weyman,goodwin,thompson could all be up for selection this week,and costigan who returns from suspension

Macko8

Juniors
geeez 5 gamebreakers could return to FG this week aye???
watch out newcastle if there all fit.

greeneyed

First Grade
viking said:
TLL,weyman,goodwin,thompson could all be up for selection this week,and costigan who returns from suspension

Actually, the report in the Canberra Times said they could be right for next week, not this week. This was my mistake.

thickos

First Grade
I'm normally not positive and enthusiastic after any loss but the boys really put in on the weekend, and considering the players missing, to be trailing the Storm at essentially full strength by only 20-16 heading into the final 20 was a great effort.

I thought the forwards were all outstanding and did their jobs well. Sadly a bit of lazy ruck defence in the second half allowed Slater to scream through for those two tries that killed us off. That and some bad refereeing in the first half... but the boys put in a good show.

More positives than negatives, the key now is to keep improving.