What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs. Dragons Discussion + Voting

unbreaK

Juniors
Griffin confirmed Hodges' hamstring was only strained and he would likely be out for a fortnight, while McGuire could miss a month.

Might be a bit of shuffling in the team next week..

1) Norman
2) Maranta
3) Whitchurch / Kemp / Kahu
4) Reed
5) Hoffman
6) Prince
7) Wallace
8) Hannant
9) McCollough
10) Thaiday
11) Glenn
12) Gillett
13) Parker

14) Stagg
15) Dodds
16) Hunt
17) Anderson / Hala / Timu

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
These injuries came at the absolute worst time. We had our chance to take our momentum down to Allianz and get a stride on but now it's looking like we'll be a vulnerable team waiting to be picked off. No Hodges in particular concerns me.

I might even have to tip the Roosters next week.

GoTheBroncs

Staff member
Don't do it IBM!

Can't be anything but impressed with the effort by the Broncos. I don't care if Dragons end up wooden spooners, to hold any NRL team out like we did in the first half was incredible.

Obviously didn't see anything to suggest we will be premiership contenders, but you can't ask for anymore than 110%

3. Gillett
2. Norman
1. Hoffman

Hannant was largely improved. Glenn played well as per usual. Thought Anderson looked ok as a back-up prop.

Hodges was again incredible for the limited amount of time he was on. How the hell did he run down Morris :shock:

Thaiday is still a concern for me, his runs just aren't making a dent in the opposition. Did you see late in the game Thaiday getting wrapped by Soward one-on-one?

Reed was certainly much better in defence, more back to his old self. Nuffie in attack tho.

Those injuries are really going to hurt us. Hodges is our best player and we basically have no depth in the prop department.

Kiwi

First Grade
If I was going to select the side minus Hodges and McGuire it would look like this

1 - Norman
2 - Maranta
3 - Reed
4 - Hoffman
5 - Kemp
6 - Prince
7 - Wallace
8 - Hannant
9 - McCullough
10 - Thaiday
11 - Glenn
12 - Gillett
13 - Parker

14 - Hunt ( throw him in halfback and Wallace to Hooker for McCullough's rest )
15 - Anderson ( added a bit off the bench, still needs to improve, but is one guy that did need to bulk up his frame to be effective for him size )
16 - Stagg
17 - Timu/Hala/Oates/Molo/J Wallace ( whoever is performing better )

Reidy87

Juniors
Kiwi - we seem to be on the same wavelength on most things. Your side is exactly what we need. Safer to bring in the experienced Kemp, rather than Kahu, and push the inform Hoffman closer to the action.

Bringing Hunt on in HB and pushing Wallace to 9 is definitely the better way to use the young fella.

jakepearce94

Juniors
They may as well just send 6 guys to the right wing every time he looks to receive it on the last.

Thaiday showed good determination on defence and though the other forwards tho made some miserable metres for the most part, weren't missing many tackles.

Macca seemed to be everywhere and I don't even remember hunt coming on?
McGuire is probably injured for 3-4 weeks -perfect timing for suspension
Stagg is looking more like a Teo replacement and Gillet definitely learned from lat week.

3. Parker
2. Hoffman
1. Norman
what do you mean by the wallace statement? thaiday didn't do much in attack i didn't think, macca didn't do heaps in attack either, stagg is nowhere near the player teo was at the broncos.and i don't think parker was our best player

jakepearce94

Juniors
Fantastic!

Guys you might want to watch the tape again, Ben Hannant was enormous for us tonight.

3 - Hannant
2 - Gillett
1 - Macca
Hannant played well, but he wasn't the best on the field.

Parker was the rock in the middle tonight.

3. Parker
2. Hodges
1. Gillett
Did parker play well in the first half, cause i hardly noticed him in the second half

I feel bad for Hunt because I still feel he should be our HB (Wallace should be a hooker), but the boys did better tonight without him sucking up a bench spot. Hook's reshuffle once McCullough went off is innnovative thinking and I like it.
why are so many people up hunts bum, his kicking game is shithouse!

That's the brisbane broncos I grew up to love, sure we don't have the greats like we have had in passed time but tonight was all about everything that makes me love the broncos, even if they lost I would of been full of appraise for their effort, hard to find a guy out there tonight who didn't put in
dodds didn't do much

jakepearce94

Juniors
1) Norman
2) Maranta
3) Whitchurch / Kemp / Kahu
4) Reed
5) Hoffman
6) Prince
7) Wallace
8) Hannant
9) McCollough
10) Thaiday
11) Glenn
12) Gillett
13) Parker

14) Stagg
15) Dodds
16) Hunt
17) Anderson / Hala / Timu
NO HUNT !

Thaiday is still a concern for me, his runs just aren't making a dent in the opposition. Did you see late in the game Thaiday getting wrapped by Soward one-on-one?
QUOTE]
i didn't see that ?

00digger00

Juniors
3 Macca
2 Gillett
1 Hannant
Really proud of the goal line defence. I know it's early days, but they are the sort of performance we may look back on and say "that's where it started"......

Pierced Soul

First Grade
great effort to hold on and gets some late tries. despite the dragons attack being pissweak the sheer amount of ball and field possession they ahd should have led to them scoring more points

3. Macca
2. Gillet
1. hodges

dodds did all right, made some good runs whens the team needed it. anderson looked a bit betetr than i ve seen in a while as well.

Latest posts