What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs Souths

Dragons22

Juniors
Yes the coach is a clown, but Norman is a plague!
Ruined this side.
Stuffed up the spine completely.
Sure Dufty has his faults, but he does more than Widdop at fullback.
Because Widdop is not a fullback! He is an excellent 5/8.
Norman is a plague to our club.
Have not felt this angry about a signing before.
Sack him now.

Old Timer

Coach
Host & Lawrie (recognising the newbies here) put in very solid performances until taken off and must feel gutted to see their good work and efforts pissed up against the wall so very quickly when the bench players came on.
Not to say Host & Lawrie didn't make any mistakes but their intensity, effort and commitment wasn't matched by their replacements.

BLM01

First Grade
Rava looked out of his depth tonight. Our biggest problem was that we had all our rookies on the field together at the beginning of the second half. Vaughan should have started the second half as we needed to score first.
I have often been critical of McInnes but he played well tonight. Luc was really found wanting in defence. He struggled and they targeted him every play. Laurie and Host played well but still are slow getting back in defence and I was pleased with Kerr. He smashed them at times.
In the first half we gelled and our trio of playmakers worked well together but when the wheels fell off we once again looked confused and uncertain.

McInnes did play well but he is relied on too much as the commentatots say..60 mins hooker then middle lock. Ludictrous.
Dufty should have come on in the 1st half when Souths were in 2nd gear. Should of put another 2-3 tries on em in that period.
Souths in the 2nd half taught us a lesson in straight direct running and support plays also running direct towards holes. It aint rocket science. But we try it crabbing sideways.
Least we tried some offloads which was a positive. Kerr should of got more minutes.
Referees had a bleep...of a game.
Our coaching had a worse one.
Are we number 16 on the ladder of defendimg kicks lately from our backs in either getting on a loose ball or catching it or blocking runners...seems to me we are.
Our defense is slow in the middle and too quick to come up on the edges.
Leilua is lazy in defense and will never change.
Hunt was a positive tonight but his rush out of the line defense let him down otherwise good attacking game
Best players if you can find any...Lafai, Lawrie, McInnes..then close behind a dead heat between Vaughan & Sims
Gunna say Host but has not enough impact as an edge back rower as a hit up merchant.
Our edge forwards need to do more pr look for runners with the football.
Over to you Mary.........again

blacksafake

First Grade
Dufty
You have one job. Come on cold when the game is over & perform a miracle but you have failed.
** please note sarcasm intended **
Seriously amongst plenty of other things L plates use of the bench is atrocious. Points are needed so Dufty replaces Leilua & McInnes is used as a battering ram, that’ll do me.Did Kerr get on in the 2nd half?.

rednwhites

Juniors
Yes the coach is a clown, but Norman is a plague!
Ruined this side.
Stuffed up the spine completely.
Sure Dufty has his faults, but he does more than Widdop at fullback.
Because Widdop is not a fullback!
Norman is a plague to our club.
Have not felt this angry about a signing before.
Sack him now.

At this point it appears he has actually made our attack worse, I would agree. Widdop doesn't appear to be a fullback but I don't see the point of Norman from the bench either. It seems like a poor signing but we were desperate and jumped at the chance at the time.

The question for me is what are they actually practising at training under the coach's watch? What plays are they actually scheming? It is inexcusable when the Hunt/ Widdop combo has been great. I supported the idea pre-season and was excited. As much as I hate Gareth at the back I just don't know where we go with our spine. Dufty at #1 has it's limitations too.

It's all a moot point though as the new coach will soon come and re-pick his side.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
Host & Lawrie (recognising the newbies here) put in very solid performances until taken off and must feel gutted to see their good work and efforts pissed up against the wall so very quickly when the bench players came on.
Not to say Host & Lawrie didn't make any mistakes but their intensity, effort and commitment wasn't matched by their replacements.
Their replacements were very very ordinary demonstrating clearly why the JDB situation will kill us this year.

Mickthedragon

Juniors
Home from work,watched the replay and it was a pretty tired looking 2nd half. Not happy at all with this clowns setup of the team. The dynamic just isn't working but ill bet he persists with it and hopefully its his downfall.
Norman doesnt give us enough at 5/8-should be bench utility.
Dufty should be fb, Widdop 5/8 and Hunt half. Lomax should be centre for Euan and Rava has to go for Pearson to be given a chance. Will he make the changes? I doubt it.

Joey_dragons

Juniors
1.dufty
2.pearson/maranta
3.lomax
4.lafai
5.periera
6.widdop
7.norman
8.graham
9.hunt
10.vaughan
11.sims
12.host
13.lawrie

14.field
15.k sims
16 Kerr
17 allgood

Aitken,ravalawa,Leilua in the reserves

Old Timer

Coach
Their replacements were very very ordinary demonstrating clearly why the JDB situation will kill us this year.
To a point that is true but we have the opportunity to explore other options but coach will now persist with Leilua who IMO is not going to make it due to not being committed to the hard work part of the game.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
At this point it appears he has actually made our attack worse, I would agree. Widdop doesn't appear to be a fullback but I don't see the point of Norman from the bench either. It seems like a poor signing but we were desperate and jumped at the chance at the time.

The question for me is what are they actually practising at training under the coach's watch? What plays are they actually scheming? It is inexcusable when the Hunt/ Widdop combo has been great. I supported the idea pre-season and was excited. As much as I hate Gareth at the back I just don't know where we go with our spine. Dufty at #1 has it's limitations too.

It's all a moot point though as the new coach will soon come and re-pick his side.
I thought Norman did ok, his first half pass to Perera was brilliant, it fell apart at the back between Widdop and Rawavala who both looked inept in their positions at a critical point early in the second half. Aitken is not working for us either, replace him with Norman and go from there.

blacksafake

First Grade
What a terrible 2nd half, had a bit of everything, mostly bad things. Bad calls, forward passes, useless kicks and wtf was that tap and run, drop the friggin ball - who doesn't kick for touch from your own 30, madness. If Burgess' first try was a try then so was Sims effort, it didn't touch the line.
Congrats to Kerr on his debut, bit silly but he'll learn.

First half was great, Lawrie and Host were excellent as was Graham and Lafai had some good touches - I like his off loads even if some don't pay off, I love him running over Gagai to score even better.

We're in trouble though if we keep tonights' line up, big trouble.

Someone email this to Mary ;

1. Dufty
2. Ravalawa
3. Norman
4. Lafai
5. Periera
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Host
12. Sims
13. Lawrie

14. Aitken
15. Latimore
16. K Sims
17. Leilua - one more chance.
I can almost go with that side, however I think Graham May miss next week with his neck after the chicken wing. I’d probably go Robson on bench in place of Aitken

Host and Lawrie played well.

Korbin Sims is back next week.

Lafai has a good step but is slow.

Kerr needs more game time in FG before we can properly judge him.

Ravalawa is slow between the ears. Consequently, Pearson or Lomax may get a run shortly.

Leilua is not fit enough yet to play FG and should play CC till he is fit enough to play FG.

Time to play Dufty at Fullback and shift Norman to the bench or CC.

Widdop to five eight.

We missed Frizell, K.Sims, Leeson and JDB tonight. If they play, we win, even with our pedestrian backline.

Can't wait to hear the presser from our fearless leader. I am sure he will be as confused as his spine was for much of the game tonight.

BLM01

First Grade

Dont blame Norman..the coach is the problem making em mix up too much playing both sides...not a bad plan...but we hardly set attacking plays down our right side..and Norman prefers the left
Poor Ravalawa will never see the ball. Aitken had a chance to pass to him late in the 2nd half with clear space in front of him..but no he tries to run over the winger first.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
To a point that is true but we have the opportunity to explore other options but coach will now persist with Leilua who IMO is not going to make it due to not being committed to the hard work part of the game.
We need a strong first grade experienced signing now to replace De Belin, no idea who but apart from that what other options do they have, Leilua isn't getting any better, Kerr may get better but who else?

Wittenberg

Juniors
There were many strange decisions by the referee, if the ball goes forward and looks forward, play on.
Our team is fast becoming a rabble yet some idiot said McIdiot should be given a 12 month extensionn, that has to be the dumbest statement of the decad.
We play Broncos next week, so we will be 0 and 3
McIdiot has to be sacked now...
The reality is the excuses for Mary are already being made by his media mates. While there was criticism by Johns & co tonight they also talked about him dealing with a big injury list and Widdop not wanting to be here. Johns even suggested letting Widdop go and just preparing for next year! AND we are only in Round 2. If the club adopted that strategy I would be extremely disappointed in our leadership.

Lovemedragons

Juniors
We need a strong first grade experienced signing now to replace De Belin, no idea who but apart from that what other options do they have, Leilua isn't getting any better, Kerr may get better but who else?
Of course Simms coming back may help a lot (forgot about him)