What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 2 vs Souths

NRLMad

Juniors
Ravalava must be dropped he’s slow as. He made some critical slow defensive mistakes - Widdop got the ball booted into him, he took the ball dead, he didn’t compete for kicks. Lomax a must in the side
  • Lomax on wing
  • Widdop and Norman to halves
  • Hunt to hooker
  • Mciness out - he just doesn’t take the line on enough
  • Fullback Dufty - I don’t rate him, but who else would you use? Other than Lomax?

Fairly easy really

Bench
There were many strange decisions by the referee, if the ball goes forward and looks forward, play on.
Our team is fast becoming a rabble yet some idiot said McIdiot should be given a 12 month extensionn, that has to be the dumbest statement of the decad.
We play Broncos next week, so we will be 0 and 3
McIdiot has to be sacked now...

hewi

Bench
Norman is a waste of space an oxygen thief, McGregor not much better. However, an improved effort from last week so let’s give the coach a two year contract extension.

Wittenberg

Juniors
Rava looked out of his depth tonight. Our biggest problem was that we had all our rookies on the field together at the beginning of the second half. Vaughan should have started the second half as we needed to score first.
I have often been critical of McInnes but he played well tonight. Luc was really found wanting in defence. He struggled and they targeted him every play. Laurie and Host played well but still are slow getting back in defence and I was pleased with Kerr. He smashed them at times.
In the first half we gelled and our trio of playmakers worked well together but when the wheels fell off we once again looked confused and uncertain.

possm

Coach
Lot's of selection errors. Aitken still no good. Next round we need to try Pearson on the right wing.

Leilua is a left edge forward and was out of sorts on the right. I think he is still not fit enough.

Mary's idea of the spine changes haven't worked two weeks in a row.

Lawrie played well, Host played well and Kerr had a good hit out for his first go in the top grade.

Norman improved on last week but the kicking game of Hunt, Norman and Widdop was very poor.

We feel apart in the second half and need our run on forwards back early to counter Souths big forwards.

Changes for next week
K Sims 11 and then Host 17 of the bench for the right edge with Pearson at 5 and Lomax at 3.
Robson at 14.
Props off the bench Kerr 15 and Timm 16.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Rava looked out of his depth tonight. Our biggest problem was that we had all our rookies on the field together at the beginning of the second half. Vaughan should have started the second half as we needed to score first.
I have often been critical of McInnes but he played well tonight. Luc was really found wanting in defence. He struggled and they targeted him every play. Laurie and Host played well but still are slow getting back in defence and I was pleased with Kerr. He smashed them at times.
In the first half we gelled and our trio of playmakers worked well together but when the wheels fell off we once again looked confused and uncertain.
Agree, poor bench rotation found us having lots of inexperienced/ slower players on at once first 20 minutes of the second half.Our forward depth being sorely tested. The playmaker switching just isn’t working.

carltonsouth79

First Grade
Lot's of selection errors. Aitken still no good. Next round we need to try Pearson on the right wing.

Leilua is a left edge forward and was out of sorts on the right. I think he is still not fit enough.

Lawrie played well, Host played well and Kerr had a good hit out for his first go in the top grade.

Norman improved on last week but the kicking game of Hunt, Norman and Widdop was very poor.

We feel apart in the second half and need our run on forwards back early to counter Souths big forwards.

Changes for next week
K Sims 11 and then Host 17 of the bench for the right edge with Pearson at 5 and Lomax at 3.
Robson at 14.
Agree 100%. I fear however Mary will make very few changes. Korbin will likely replace Kerr on the bench and that’s about it.

j0nesy

Bench
My team for next week:

1 Dufty
2 Lomax
3 Aitken
4 Lafai
5 Periera
6 Widdop
7 Hunt
8 Graham
9 McInness
10 Vaughan
11 Host
12 Sims
13 Lawrie

14 Robson
15 K Sims
16 Leilua
17 Kerr

rednwhites

Juniors
God Johns keeps mentioning Field. That would be great let’s try and fit another 5/8 into the side! Hang on he can also play fullback......that would give us three of them.

Yep thought the same.

We've got the talent. We ain't got the mentor and strategist in the coach's box that can get them to play together.

LINESPEED

Juniors
I’m still not sold on Widdop at fullback, poor positional play. He should have easily got to that ball.
This spine shifting is madness.

Release Widdop & use the money to secure the youngsters according to Freddie
Ravalava must be dropped he’s slow as. He made some critical slow defensive mistakes - Widdop got the ball booted into him, he took the ball dead, he didn’t compete for kicks. Lomax a must in the side
  • Lomax on wing
  • Widdop and Norman to halves
  • Hunt to hooker
  • Mciness out - he just doesn’t take the line on enough
  • Fullback Dufty - I don’t rate him, but who else would you use? Other than Lomax?

Fairly easy really

Lomax 3 & Dufty 1
Norman to centres -
Field & Robson to bench

Commentators were plugging Field & need for speed. Freddie saw the future in looking after the youngsters 1st.
Fatty & Co want Duff at 1.

Suggestion that Norman should be benched

The boys tried their hardest - proud of their effort

KogarahWarrior

Juniors
All the backs weren't bad at all, except Ravalawa. He is 'fast' but is, in fact, a plodder. Let in the Burns try, looked god awful under the high ball, and a lot of other things I'm not bothered to list. Tariq Sims was impressive and so too Lawrie. Mary needs to bring Lomax/Pearson in for Ravalawa, and Robson in as McInnes looks too tired and didn't really do too much.

KogarahWarrior

Juniors

Changes for next week
Robson at 14.
Possm you know that's not going to happen with the absolute meat-headed goon we have sitting in the co coaches box...

rednwhites

Juniors
I have to put my hand up and say I went off early on Ravalawa last week. He did not play well tonight. Not saying we don't persist with him but with Widdop, Ravalawa and Aitken at the back they all look like they are running on the spot. Especially when a player like Reynolds takes control. Not necessarily speedsters on the other side either.

But good game plan, make sure we are out of the match and then bring on some speed. 2/2 for Mary.

kit66

Bench
What a terrible 2nd half, had a bit of everything, mostly bad things. Bad calls, forward passes, useless kicks and wtf was that tap and run, drop the friggin ball - who doesn't kick for touch from your own 30, madness. If Burgess' first try was a try then so was Sims effort, it didn't touch the line.
Congrats to Kerr on his debut, bit silly but he'll learn.

First half was great, Lawrie and Host were excellent as was Graham and Lafai had some good touches - I like his off loads even if some don't pay off, I love him running over Gagai to score even better.

We're in trouble though if we keep tonights' line up, big trouble.

Someone email this to Mary ;

1. Dufty
2. Ravalawa
3. Norman
4. Lafai
5. Periera
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

8. Graham
9. McInnes
10. Vaughan
11. Host