What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 - away game v Raiders

Ronnie Dobbs

Coach
The Raiders must be spewing. This is their biggest game of the year, every year.

Saints supporters fill the joint.

Foolish from the NRL. Manly-Penrith Sunday Ch 9 game. :lol:

Really disappointed. Canberra and St George are starting to build a great rivalry, and you can always count on a 20k crowd. The Dragons also always pull together a decent army, which I love for the atmosphere within the ground.

NRL :eek:

silverex

Bench
We usually make the trip down for this game but won't be going now.

What have we done wrong to end up with so many Monday night games??

no

Nine get first and second pick. thats their FNF and Sunday games i think. theres a thread in the nrl forum about it.
Fox get 3rd for MNF

then they pick the rest.

MNF rates pretty well. the dragons are a high rating team as well. it was the logical monday choice as a network with the games chosen by channel 9.

The genius brigade also put derby round 2 on a monday night, which again puts interstate people at a distinct disadvantage.

its bullshit for away fans coming from sydney. it was f**kn hard to get from canberra to sydney for round 2. ended up getting to bed about 2 am.

Raiders wont be impressed at all.

i have oztag the same night. rules me out of going even though its a home game.

f**king useless.

Yep, it's Ch 9's stupidity for not thinking it's one of the top 2 games. Foxtel must be loving their 3rd pick - that's why we keep getting Mon night games.

The next TV rights deal needs to have the NRL choosing the schedule, not the broadcastors.

oath

theres a huge disadvantage having the networks chose.

not only is it unfair that a certain few clubs always get the FTA games and therefor can get better sponsorship, better exposure etc.

but they never get the Monday, Saturday Sunday Monday Friday game sequence.

its a huge advantage to be playing the same night each week from a team standpoint.

big pat

Coach
i said a while back, how many times have canberra over the last few seasons, have heaps of sunday 2pm games, except when they play us, or is it just coincidence.

Jono1987

Juniors
Damn shame. Be lucky to get 12k now. Played on a Saturday or Sunday and you could have added 8-10k to that figure.

This is totally f**ked.

Had checked flight costs and organised for this weekend.

Had mates coming down from Sydney and was catching up with a mate in Canberra and this has wiped the lot.

f**k you NRL.

Put the fans and crowds first or get f**ked.

What a joke.

Both our games vs Cronulla and our Canberra games on Mondays.

Once again the fans take it in the ass for the mighty dollar.

BigNormProvan

Juniors
I'm still going, it's only a 16hr round trip from my place. Too easy.

Go Saints.

Big Norm - Yeah, it is bollocks, Monday night footy should be between teams where both fans can reasonably attend - 2 Sydney clubs or possibly 2 QLD clubs.

Latest posts