What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 - Rabbitohs vs Roosters: Friday 25th September 7:55pm @ANZ Stadium

Rabbits20

Immortal
If you a struggling to get up for this one just play a round of Glory Glory AND YOU WILL SOON CHANGE YOUR TUNE AND FIRE UP TRUST ME!!!!!

Regardless of the result this Friday Night dear friends just remember in our first season post legends GI, Sam and Sutto we have still made the top 8 and we have had a number of backs out most of the season as well. Now is the time to be proud of the boys overall, we can’t finish any lower than 7th and we have earnt ourselves a chance in a final to win week 1 of finals and it’ll be very good experience for our younger boys as well. Regardless of when we bow out this season dear friends may I remind you we are in good sted for 2021 and beyond! UP THE RABBITOHS!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’m happy with what I’ve seen from Cartwright so far considering he hasn’t played footy all year. He looks strong and he’s a bit faster than I thought as well. Besides that dropped ball near the try line last week I liked what I saw.

Rabbits20

Immortal
I’m going to the game I’ll still be out their cheering the boys on even though we need a miracle to win.

I reckon we will be competitive and will put in a better effort than last week.

callmack1

Staff member
From Sporting News,

Damien Cook's Simple Message Ahead of Bunnies-Roosters Clash

This week or bust.

That's the motto South Sydney hooker Damien Cook is adopting ahead of his side's round 20 match with the Roosters on Friday.

Souths are coming off a confounding defeat to the Bulldogs last weekend and desperately need some consistency and form heading into the finals.

It's a tough ask, but there's no other option, says Cook.

"The biggest thing is consistency and once you get to the finals, it's four weeks in a row and we need to put those back-to-back wins together," Cook said on the Big Sports Breakfast on Sky Radio.

"We just have to. It has to happen this weekend.

"It has to happen against the Roosters, so when we go into the finals we've got the confidence to know we can do it."

At one point, the Bunnies were gunning for a top-four spot on the ladder, but losses to the Storm and Bulldogs ended any hopes of that happening.

It speaks to a lack of consistency that Cook says the side is trying to recapture after winning five games in succession between rounds 12 and 16.

"We had a great week of training (last week) so it was a bit of a shock," the hooker said of Thursday's 26-16 loss to the Bulldogs.

"Some silly errors, and I don't think we gave them the respect they deserved.

"This week's completely different. It just shows that we need to be on our game. Souths can lose any game - we've shown that.

"But we can also win any game when we play our best footy.

"We've done that against Parramatta. That's what we need to get back to. We did it for 60 minutes against Melbourne."

A confident Roosters outfit is riding a five-game winning streak, with Cook saying the two-time defending premiers have attacking threats across the park.

"Keary's doing a great job for them," he said.

"They've got a good forward pack, but I've got a lot of confidence our forward pack can go toe-to-toe with them.

"Once Keary gets on that front-foot, he can do so much damage, especially down that short side, and you can't forget Tedesco at the back.

"The back five for them have been doing a very good job. The Morris boys have been doing a very good job getting their sets started."

Valheru

Coach
This depends on a few things.

Firstly how motivated souths will be which is dependent on the result prior. If a home final is up for grabs I expect them to play with intent and desperation in which case I am not sure how much of a resistance the roosters will be bothered to show as their only goal will be a decent hit out with no injuries.

3rd/4th doesn't really matter.

callmack1

Staff member
Rabbitohs update 19-Man Squad for Round 20: https://www.rabbitohs.com.au/news/2020/09/24/rabbitohs-update-19-man-squad-for-round-20/

Tatola promoted to the bench with Denniss and Johns dropping out. Cam indicated the other day in his interview that he was playing edge so I'd assume that means Tatola will move further into his usual starting prop role, Knight to lock and then Murray to right edge. Cartwright on the bench. This will most likely all happen an hour before kick off.

callmack1

Staff member
The wait is over! Game Day is finally here!! It's a pretty massive day for us too as we look to write another chapter in the Book of Fueds against arch rivals the Roosters. I said it earlie in the week and I'll say it again, there's hate, and then there's how we feel about the Roosters. It's often said hate is a strong word but it's simply not strong enough to describe our feelings towards them. 112 years of hate, 112 years of battles, 112 years of fire, 112 years of spite. We get ready to go again tonight.

As much as I hate to give our rivals a wrap, we kind of can't argue that they're one of the teams to beat this year so tonight is going to be extremely tough. Even with the players they've rested, they still have class everywhere in Tedesco, Tupou, Morris, Keary, JWH, Taukeiaho, Cordner, Crichton, SBW, the list goes on unfortunately. It'll take one hell of a performance to go with them. No real key battle this week, it's just a matter of being at our best right across the park to stop them.

Our boys, as always against the enemy, should have no problem getting up for this one so I'm expecting the attitude to be completely different to our last one and a half games. The boys know what they have to do and it starts with holding the ball. We MUST be diciplined and complete well tonight. In these big games you have to give yourself every chance and we haven't being doing that lately. Come out and do that again and the Roosters will make us pay so we have to be much better there. Defence is also the big one. They're one of the best attacking sides in the comp so this will be a big test of where we're at before the Finals. We need to just go out there and really stick it to these Bondi wankers!!!

We need our momentum back before Finals, we'll know by kick off if we're playing for sixth, beating the Roosters and a Parra win this weekend would remove them from our side of the Finals Draw and it's Gagai's 200th NRL match so tonight is a massive occasion. As is a game against the old foe one week out from Finals wasn't big enough.

We can do this!!!

BotanyBorn&Bred

Juniors
Anyone know if Rusty face will time the boys with a story from the book of fueds to get them up??
There's quite a few Souths juniors in the team now, and the ones that are not have been around a while now so they have been conditioned to hate. The only one missing that would need to be put up to speed is Latrell, and I doubt it would take much.
I'll be very interested to see Cody v Keary. I hope Cody knocks his trap permanently shut.

Rabbits20

Immortal
The wait is over! Game Day is finally here!! It's a pretty massive day for us too as we look to write another chapter in the Book of Fueds against arch rivals the Roosters. I said it earlie in the week and I'll say it again, there's hate, and then there's how we feel about the Roosters. It's often said hate is a strong word but it's simply not strong enough to describe our feelings towards them. 112 years of hate, 112 years of battles, 112 years of fire, 112 years of spite. We get ready to go again tonight.

As much as I hate to give our rivals a wrap, we kind of can't argue that they're one of the teams to beat this year so tonight is going to be extremely tough. Even with the players they've rested, they still have class everywhere in Tedesco, Tupou, Morris, Keary, JWH, Taukeiaho, Cordner, Crichton, SBW, the list goes on unfortunately. It'll take one hell of a performance to go with them. No real key battle this week, it's just a matter of being at our best right across the park to stop them.

Our boys, as always against the enemy, should have no problem getting up for this one so I'm expecting the attitude to be completely different to our last one and a half games. The boys know what they have to do and it starts with holding the ball. We MUST be diciplined and complete well tonight. In these big games you have to give yourself every chance and we haven't being doing that lately. Come out and do that again and the Roosters will make us pay so we have to be much better there. Defence is also the big one. They're one of the best attacking sides in the comp so this will be a big test of where we're at before the Finals. We need to just go out there and really stick it to these Bondi wankers!!!

We need our momentum back before Finals, we'll know by kick off if we're playing for sixth, beating the Roosters and a Parra win this weekend would remove them from our side of the Finals Draw and it's Gagai's 200th NRL match so tonight is a massive occasion. As is a game against the old foe one week out from Finals wasn't big enough.

We can do this!!!
YOU HAVE ME PUMPED CALLMACK AND MAY I ADD AT 7:59PM TONIGHT WHICH IS 9:59PM YOUR TIME WE NEED ALL RABBITOHS MEMBERS AND SUPPORTERS WHETHER AT THE GAME OR NOT OR WHEREVER YOU MAY BE EVERYONE GET ON YOUR FEET AS THE BOYS COME DOWN THE TUNNEL STAND AND APPLAUD LET THE BOYS KNOW WE ARE RIGHT BEHIND THEM AND FIRED UP GLORY GLORY AND LETS GO RABBITOHS!!!!

Rabbits20

Immortal
BBBOOOOOOOOO

GET THEM BACK GERARD THEY ARE ONLY BACK 7 METRES HAVE A LOOK AND HOW LONG CAN THEY HOLD ON FOR BBBOOOOOOOOOO THEY ARE LAYING ALL OVER US!!

SOUTH SYDNEY CLAP CLAP CLAP

AND AGAIN

Rabbits20

Immortal
Derby to pull biggest crowd since COVID hit
DEAN RITCHIE Source: Daily Telegraph

FOR the first time since rugby league’s COVID resumption in late May, an NRL crowd is expected to hit the 10,000 limit capacity.

Friday night’s traditional eastern suburbs battle between South Sydney and Sydney Roosters is tracking toward 10,000 — a crowd figure not reached since pre-COVID in mid-March.

It will provide a lively atmosphere for the 7.50pm kickoff at ANZ Stadium.

All NRL matches have been played under biosecurity protocols that state stadiums must be at only 25 per cent capacity or up to 10,000 fans.

More than 8000 tickets had been redeemed by Souths fans as of midnight on Wednesday. Souths officials are confident the figure will nudge 10,000 by kick-off.

“We are on track to hit capacity for the first time post-COVID,” South Sydney CEO Blake Solly said.

“I reckon this will be the biggest post-COVID crowd of the season.

“Members are given first chance to redeem and nonticketed members have first chance to buy.

“And if there is any excess after the members have had their chance to redeem, we are then able to sell to some limited postcodes in NSW.

“We will be pushing 10,000. Whether we get there, I’m not sure, but certainly the excitement, redemption rate and sales have been far and away the busiest of the year.

“Hopefully this is a sign of people’s increased confidence to get out and go to a game coming into the finals and also a sign of the rivalry between the two clubs.”

Latest posts