What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Dolphins

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Offer something out there more than just solid defence
Pretty much this. Oh course every side needs squad players but I'm yet to see Mav really do anything at all. Maybe he's a middle?

I can almost guarantee, with a fair amount of certainty, that Mav is playing as he’s been instructed.

Can’t you guys see the similarities in development between himself and Marto. It seems to me that Mav has received exactly the same instructions that Marto did.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I can almost guarantee, with a fair amount of certainty, that Mav is playing as he’s been instructed.

Can’t you guys see the similarities in development between himself and Marto. It seems to me that Mav has received exactly the same instructions that Marto did.
I've yet to see him hit anyone like Marto....well Marto only does that for NSW these days

Girds89

Bench
Mav is twenty three.

Forwards can mature late but all I've seen from him in first grade is piss weak carries and non dominant tackles.

Maybe he can turn it around but he doesn't seem to have any outstanding physical attributes.

He doesnt stand out in cup either which is the most concerning thing.

Im almost certain ivan isnt instructing him to go out there and plod lol..

Yeah the instructions may be simple from staff but fmd your in fg mav. You can run hard and hit hard for cryimg put loud.

WestyLife

First Grade

Can you elaborate? Martin is high energy and line speed who you accept a few errors from. I don't really see that in MG 2.0. If you'd said he's meant to be quiet and consistent I'd understand more.

Iamback

Coach
He doesnt stand out in cup either which is the most concerning thing.

Im almost certain ivan isnt instructing him to go out there and plod lol..

Yeah the instructions may be simple from staff but fmd your in fg mav. You can run hard and hit hard for cryimg put loud.

Exactly. It isn't like he is carving up yet down there and can't put it together yet in the top grade

Top grade numbers this will be his 6th game.

0 errors
0 offloads
0 linebreaks
1 tackle bust

Luron for example in comparison has 3 tackle busts. I doubt rookies off the bench have been told different things

Last edited:

Fangs

Coach
Henry backrow mmm.

Load up on overs. I think we will see a lot of points tomorrow and that makes me happy.

Hopefully like this game below. Who remembers?

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Can you elaborate? Martin is high energy and line speed who you accept a few errors from. I don't really see that in MG 2.0. If you'd said he's meant to be quiet and consistent I'd understand more.
Martin has gone through the process and work his way there. He also has an extreme amount of mongrel. Mavrik doesn’t have that. But the process he is going through is the same. I think Mav will most likely turn out to be a Scotty Sorensen type player.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Exactly. It isn't like he is carving up yet down there and can't put it together yet in the top grade

Top grade numbers this will be his 6th game.

0 errors
0 offloads
0 linebreaks
1 tackle bust

Luron for example in comparison has 3 tackle busts. I doubt rookies off the bench have been told different things
Of course they get different instructions.

Rookiies in U19’s get different instructions, you don’t think that would happen in the NRL?

All depends what they are after from the player. A strong running middle is going to be given different instructions to an edge back rower.

WestyLife

First Grade
Martin has gone through the process and work his way there. He also has an extreme amount of mongrel. Mavrik doesn’t have that. But the process he is going through is the same. I think Mav will most likely turn out to be a Scotty Sorensen type player.

Hope you're right that'd make him a damn good player eventually.

Girds89

Bench
Mav will need to show something very soon.

Soro is still playing very good reliable footy and is a big min player. Garners a big min player. Papali can play big mins. Marto plays 80.

I dont see his way into fg here unless he shows something special soon and as i said hes not even standing out in nsw cup.

Generally to be good in the nrl you need to be knocking the door down in cup.

Hes solid.. but we don't really need solid. Garner soro and marto are all solid reliable.

8. Henry
9. Kenny
10. Moses
11. Marto
12. Papali
13. Yeo

14. ...
15. Smith (prop/lock)
16. Garner (2nd row)
17. Soro (prop/2nd row)

Hes path to fg here is blocked id think.

Id love for nothing more than him to blitz it tomorrow and start blitzing it weekly and knock the door down for next year. But hes not showing much at all atm even in cup..

The fact ivan has been playing a prop at 2md row at times speaks volumes