What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Dolphins

Fangs

Coach
History is being made actually. This is the first time Penrith will host the Dolphins at home.

Nikorima, TPJ, Fuller, Hammer. Capable of being a very entertaining squad.

I anticipate a high scoring affair with Cleary's first game back. I also hope it will be a dry track.

globalpanther

Juniors
If no origin players + injuries:
Turuva
JMcLean
Cole
Tago
Alamoti
Schneider
Cleary
Leota
Kenny
JFH
Soro
Garns
Eiso

Sommerton (Cover hooker and lock-has played lock a bit in Cup)
LSmith
Henry
Geyer
18.Iongi (Cover for Turuva or maybe play him at 1 and Turuva on wing)

Fangs

Coach
If no origin players + injuries:
Turuva
JMcLean
Cole
Tago
Alamoti
Schneider
Cleary
Leota
Kenny
JFH
Soro
Garns
Eiso

Sommerton (Cover hooker and lock-has played lock a bit in Cup)
LSmith
Henry
Geyer
18.Iongi (Cover for Turuva or maybe play him at 1 and Turuva on wing)

Has to be Cole 6 I think.

Schneider's kicking is his strong suit and we have Cleary now so its less important. Schneider otherwise has not been great with the ball.

Only argument I see is that he is the halves back up if injuries strike so we give him more time there. That was the off-season plan I'm sure.

age.s

First Grade
Schneider's kicking is his strong suit and we have Cleary now so its less important. Schneider otherwise has not been great with the ball.

He's been up and down with the boot at best. His strong suit is his defense.

That said, while Cleary/Cole would be interesting, if possible I'd much rather Nath/Luai get back into their groove together asap. At the end of the day, thats the combo we need firing and it hasn't always done so this year.

globalpanther

Juniors

That said, while Cleary/Cole would be interesting, if possible I'd much rather Nath/Luai get back into their groove together asap. At the end of the day, thats the combo we need firing and it hasn't always done so this year.
100%!

Fangs

Coach

Mostly up. I think Schneider has had some unlucky moments with the boot too like the 7 tackle set he gave up last week.

If we are talking defence then Cole has done very well at that. So you are left with Schneider's experience. Normally I'll pick that player first but Cole has impressed me quite a bit. This could be an expansive game like last night's Dolphins contest. We might get to see a different side of him with the ball.

Based on our ladder position I agree. The reps probably play.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
I dont think Yeo rests, probably should, but I read someone post that he needs the remaining home games to break the record for no of games at the stadium. With it being redeveloped next year he wants it done now.
Shooting for nice little records like that is amateur stuff really

Pjf04b

Juniors
It is no little record! It is a great honour to become the most capped Panther ever! I can understand if he doesn't want to wait until next season!

Sime_11

Juniors
I dont think Yeo rests, probably should, but I read someone post that he needs the remaining home games to break the record for no of games at the stadium. With it being redeveloped next year he wants it done now.
Yeo backed up after Game 2 - maybe the others play and he gets rested for this game as Nathan likely back?

soc123_au

Staff member
Shooting for nice little records like that is amateur stuff really
Not saying I agree with it, but thats what is likely to go down.

Yeo will be (is) a club legend regardless of whatever little records he gets or doesn't along the way.

I will say though I desperately want him being our first 300 game player.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
Not saying I agree with it, but thats what is likely to go down.

Yeo will be (is) a club legend regardless of whatever little records he gets or doesn't along the way.

I will say though I desperately want him being our first 300 game player.
100% but winning the comp means more and the best way to achieve that is for Yeo to be fit in the finals.
Origin is a real blight on the season

soc123_au

Staff member
It is no little record! It is a great honour to become the most capped Panther ever! I can understand if he doesn't want to wait until next season!
Pretty sure it will just be at Penrith, not overall. Although if Wiki is correct and he is on 235 right now he needs 8 more to go past Carter with 242. He will get that this year regardless of what he does next Sunday. (Injury aside) Round 27 if he plays, first week of finals if he doesn't. 250 will be next year either way.