What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Dolphins

WestyLife

First Grade
Let's get our best 17 on the park or close to it amd see how we go..

I actually think that weve dome incredible to be 2nd this year given huge origin outs amd nath being out more than half the year.

We just need to get to the end of the year in 2nd and get all 17 on deck.

Ivan can get this team firing.

I look at the positives.

Jfh and leota started the year very very slow to say the least..

Theyve been awesome the last month.

Laurie awesome form

Kennys running game is getting better and better as is his ball playing

Laui is in his best ever form

SOO has given marto the fire up he needed..

We are winning with a different 17 every week.

Yes id love tago to be killing it in attack and forl be like last year but atm if we can get to the end of the year in 2nd, get a home final and have close to best 17 on the park ill be confident

Keny running is sexy as. Never thought we'd never see it but he's starting to pick slow markers.

Last edited:

Girds89

Bench
That’s not how it works. Henry needed to get on his bike and stop us getting stripped of numbers.

Its not his fault either tho..

Hes being forced to play 2md row because we domt have any other options atm and ivan clearly doesnt trust mav atm.

We were stripped from the get go off the ruck playing to condensed.

People will blame tago tho because he didnt mark two ppl being hammer and herbie at the same time and stop a try.

It is what it is.. ppl need someone to blame and tago is the flavour of the year..

Tbh ive seen it all before with smug.

Edwards.. luai... Kenny...

4-5 years ago he blamed edwards non stop

Last few years hes blamed luai non stop

Has hated on kenny at times non stop..

Now tago..

Theres a reoccurring them here tho. So im happy if he keeps hating on

Edwards best fb in the game.
Luai in career best form
Kenny in career best form

Tago.... he will turn it round i have zero doubt.

maple_69

Bench
Jeez McLean is going to be a monster with an off season or two under the belt. He looks like a 100 gamer already. We do have the huge right edge issue but as others have said, most of the first 17 are starting to really hit form. Garner/Martin/Sorro in will be huge for the balance of the side. Main thing was to stay in touch through Origin and now we have a few winnable games at close to full strength to get some mojo. If you look back at our games last year, we were looking super unconvincing at this point also and then started to really wind up in the last 6 weeks.

Good signs for next year as well. Despite a few key guys going, Cole, McLean, Patea, Laurie all look like they’ll be ready to step into bigger roles.

Chins get the wins

First Grade

Hes being forced to play 2md row because we domt have any other options atm and ivan clearly doesnt trust mav atm.

People will blame tago tho because he didnt mark two ppl being hammer and herbie at the same time and stop a try.

It is what it is.. ppl need someone to blame and tago is the flavour of the year..

Now tago..

Luai in career best form

f**k me you're a sad merkin. The club weren't sure about Edwards, that's why Staines was overpaid to stay.
Luai was in poor form for a good while. I've praised him at every opportunity when he's played well.
Tago was fantastic now he's shit. If he was still attacking like he was pre the shoulder injury he might be worth carrying but his game is shot top to bottom.

Chins get the wins

First Grade
In the past month I've gone from Schneider to Laurie at 6 next year. I'm one of the most honest posters on here who actually admits when I get it wrong and I'm open to having my mind changed

Luke Bowden

First Grade

Now tago..

Luai in career best form

That was totally Henry’s fault, the fact he’s playing out of position doesn’t really matter.

He just read it wrong and the Hammer had enough pace to take advantage.

Good footy from the Dolphins at the end of the day

Girds89

Bench
f**k me you're a sad merkin. The club weren't sure about Edwards, that's why Staines was overpaid to stay.
Luai was in poor form for a good while. I've praised him at every opportunity when he's played well.
Tago was fantastic now he's shit. If he was still attacking like he was pre the shoulder injury he might be worth carrying but his game is shot top to bottom.

The only sad merkin is you mate haha..

You bag these blokes till kingdom come and you couldnt be nore wrong.

You frothed staines and he is avg.

Suck it up and move on..your wromg about tago too..

Glad you aremt coach. Dyl wouldn't be a panther.. luai gone 2 years ago and kenny never getting a game

Chins get the wins

First Grade
The only sad merkin is you mate haha..

You bag these blokes till kingdom come and you couldnt be nore wrong.

You frothed staines and he is avg.

Suck it up and move on..your wromg about tago too..

Glad you aremt coach. Dyl wouldn't be a panther.. luai gone 2 years ago and kenny never getting a game
We'd be in a better spot with Burton and Api but we are doing ok honey bun

Girds89

Bench
That was totally Henry’s fault, the fact he’s playing out of position doesn’t really matter.

He just read it wrong and the Hammer had enough pace to take advantage.

Good footy from the Dolphins at the end of the day

Would write a big post on how it wasn't henrys, kennys, leotas, naths and lauries fault for not numbering them up but you hate the long ones so won't.

Simple.. it really is. Number up and we are ok.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
FFS reading some of these comments without context you’d swear we lost by 50.

Exactly.......I won't bother raging about it, because honestly I don't have the extra emotional energy to spare for such stuff.

Thrilled with the win today. Phins were desperate and threw the kitchen sink at the game.

Thought Laurie had some really good moments......he's got so much skill, very different fullback to Pickles.....and like him he's quality.

Lost PA with a broken arm. Mclean I imagine will take his place.

Cleary had some rust which is to be expected. Tago had a solid game. The kids brought in from cup to replace the origin players did fine.

To win a game without 5 international, origin players.....in my book is pretty darn good.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Would write a big post on how it wasn't henrys, kennys, leotas, naths and lauries fault for not numbering them up but you hate the long ones so won't.

Simple.. it really is. Number up and we are ok.
This isn’t under 14’s mate. What you are describing is how children defend.

You can clearly see that Tago is waiting for Nath to release so he can jam and trap. Nath can’t go because the inside didn’t release, the inside man being Henry.

What I’m saying is what you have been preaching for weeks….. you’re a hard person to agree with!

WestyLife

First Grade
Why can't people admit Tago can't defend? Crazy Panther bias is the only answer

Anyways live your life how you want

It's really only a very very select few on here. Outside LU and people see it.

That’s not how it works. Henry needed to get on his bike and stop us getting stripped of numbers.

That is how it works. They check and release on the pass. Henry looks to have the second rower covered but cleary takes the decoy so you end up with 2 defenders covering one attacker in field and the space outside cleary where he's suppose to be hammer runs through. Cleary didn't release quick enough on the pass. Luai does the same thing in origin just this last week but successfully on multiple occasions as an example.

Latest posts