What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Dolphins

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Mate no offence bit this is why i get frustrated with you. You just say crap..

Ive broken down our defence to a tee and its been posted on socials and spoken about by ex players in commentary backing up what ive said.. i mean that you tube video that someone posted showing it wasn't tagos fault weeks back... was a carbon copy of my post for reasons.

You say this isnt how we defend..i can bloody guarantee we don't intend to defemd short of numbers..

That first try today we were AT LEAST 1 short. Could argue 2.

I domt care what you say.. ivan doesn't coach us to number up incorrectly.. thats basic u14s footy..

I domt care how we defend... and the structures.. it doesnt matter..

We were short on the try from the get go.. if wed numbered up better they don't score..

If you actually watch it closely..from.the time its passed at dummy half its actually 9 on 6... (nikorima never gets involved but hes still on there left). 8 on 6 if you take him out

Is that how ivan coaches us haha? To npt number up.
I don’t care that you get frustrated with me. It’s not up to me to teach you the game, we have defended short for years and had great success, particularly with Kiks and Critter. It’s no coincidence that the dogs are now reaping the rewards.

Just accept I don’t agree with you and move on. I do the same with Chins and Iamback all the time.

Girds89

Bench
I don’t care that you get frustrated with me. It’s not up to me to teach you the game, we have defended short for years and had great success, particularly with Kiks and Critter. It’s no coincidence that the dogs are now reaping the rewards.

Just accept I don’t agree with you and move on. I do the same with Chins and Iamback all the time.
Haha you teach me the game..

Thatll do me..

Im still waiting for soni luke to be better then api.

We have not defended short for years haha..fmd you literally talk crap..

Dogs defended short today and critta leaked a try..... go figure.. the best defensive centre in the game couldnt handle the overlap....

Seriously you talk about it like its a structure haha..no we got lucky with critta being a weap amd kiks being a good defender

No coach plans to defemd short haha.

Peak cody tears a short line apart.

Reynolds walsh same..

Ponga same.

Hell any top 6-8 team should be able to work numbers on a short defensive line.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Haha you teach me the game..

Thatll do me..

Im still waiting for soni luke to be better then api.

We have not defended short for years haha..fmd you literally talk crap..

Dogs defended short today and critta leaked a try..... go figure.. the best defensive centre in the game couldnt handle the overlap....

Seriously you talk about it like its a structure haha..no we got lucky with critta being a weap amd kiks being a good defender

No coach plans to defemd short haha.

Peak cody tears a short line apart.

Reynolds walsh same..

Ponga same.

Hell any top 6-8 team should be able to work numbers on a short defensive line.
Move on mate, you just look silly.

Iamback

Coach
Nathan admitted he had a shocker in defence today....

Does ivan have an issue with nath for reads??? I mean he blamed himself today..

Hahahhaha. Unlike me?? Ive said alll year..literally all year the defence on the right is a concern. Ive said all year its due to a condensed defense.. not numbering up... different 17 every week... henry at 2md row and hes not a 2md row..

Domt lie and say i havent acknowledged the issue... i have every week.. im jusy saying tago isn't solely to blame like you gooses haha..

Theres a lot of reasons why its been poor..

Tago isn't the main reason

Of course he is going to blame himself, He nor Ivan for that matter aren't going to throw a team mate under the bus.

Even if Nathan has a bad read that isn't an issue IF Tago goes with him. That is the issue Tago is doing his own thing.

Bostocks try perfect example he was just standing there not moving. V the Broncos he rushed up himself and created a gap

My mistake you say the right side is stuffed YET it is no one's fault. My mistake

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Ive learnt on my long time on here that when your footy brain runs out you resort to this. Reoccurring theme... i know all..you are silly..

Sad all ways return for the super coach.

You’re a passionate fan, with that level of understanding. I’ve done my best to talk to you, but you just aren’t able to grasp it.

I’m not about to run you through a very complex defensive system, just to get the recognition of a stranger on LU.

call me all the names you like, I really don’t care. You’re the one getting frustrated, so just let it go. No one wants to read this crap.

WestyLife

First Grade
Of course he is going to blame himself, He nor Ivan for that matter aren't going to throw a team mate under the bus.

Even if Nathan has a bad read that isn't an issue IF Tago goes with him. That is the issue Tago is doing his own thing.

Bostocks try perfect example he was just standing there not moving. V the Broncos he rushed up himself and created a gap

My mistake you say the right side is stuffed YET it is no one's fault. My mistake

It's a weird argument teams have been defending inside out effectively for as long as I can remember. Defensive line starts somewhat compressed and as the ball spreads each man checks and releases on the passes resulting in the defensive line effectively pushing towards the sideline. It breaks down when individuals make bad reads or bad contact like tago does a lot.

Today Nathan seemed to struggle with his timing which is understandable. Luke is saying Henry had some fault I don't see it but he seems to know his stuff so I'll take it at face value. Still tago has been having the issue consistently for a long while now.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
It's a weird argument teams have been defending inside out effectively for as long as I can remember. Defensive line starts somewhat compressed and as the ball spreads each man checks and releases on the passes resulting in the defensive line effectively pushing towards the sideline. It breaks down when individuals make bad reads or bad contact like tago does a lot.

Today Nathan seemed to struggle with his timing which is understandable. Luke is saying Henry had some fault I don't see it but he seems to know his stuff so I'll take it at face value. Still tago has been having the issue consistently for a long while now.
That try was mostly excellent play by the Dolphins.

Girds89

Bench
You’re a passionate fan, with that level of understanding. I’ve done my best to talk to you, but you just aren’t able to grasp it.

I’m not about to run you through a very complex defensive system, just to get the recognition of a stranger on LU.

call me all the names you like, I really don’t care. You’re the one getting frustrated, so just let it go. No one wants to read this crap.

Calling you super coach isn't just a name i call you.. its a persona that you have made for yourself on here.

You say stuff like soni will be better than api or act like you are our defensive coach and you will get that

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Calling you super coach isn't just a name i call you.. its a persona that you have made for yourself on here.

You say stuff like soni will be better than api or act like you are our defensive coach and you will get that
I don’t care that you call me that. I like it. I wasn’t complaining. I know what I know, sometimes I probably over share on here and it doesn’t come across as I intend.

You just need to talk to someone else, talking to me clearly frustrates you.

Girds89

Bench
I don’t care that you call me that. I like it. I wasn’t complaining. I know what I know, sometimes I probably over share on here and it doesn’t come across as I intend.

You just need to talk to someone else, talking to me clearly frustrates you.
You are just a keyboard warrior to me mate.

If you say something i disagree or think is ridiculous ill post my thoughts. Doesn't matter if your names luke bowden, patha boy or rhyno.. or ivan cleary.

I will like your posts if i agree with you which i have at times.. no different to anyone else on here..

You don't work for our nrl team. You act like you do or know our structures... you talk big game but that's the internet these days. No one will know

Luke Bowden

First Grade
You are just a keyboard warrior to me mate.

If you say something i disagree or think is ridiculous ill post my thoughts. Doesn't matter if your names luke bowden, patha boy or rhyno.. or ivan cleary.

I will like your posts if i agree with you which i have at times.. no different to anyone else on here..

You don't work for our nrl team. You act like you do or know our structures... you talk big game but that's the internet these days. No one will know
The Passionate Supporter just can’t stop.

chill out PS, I’m not interested in impressing you.

Murraymob1

Juniors
Apologies.
I guess I heard wrong, or Laurie made a miraculous recovery. He was no hope mid-week, Iongi was in getting prepared to debut.
Laurie obviously came good. I thought he was outstanding today. Showed a lot of ticker.
We love your input my friend .we all know things change in decision to team selection daily .Keep the input coming I appreciate it for sure

Murraymob1

Juniors
Reading the last few pages can someone tell me if we won the game I am enjoying the aroma of success .Its easy to dissect a game missing so many stars and our best player just back from injury .We will get better now we are past origin and get a regular line up.Enjoy enjoy enjoy the victory

Latest posts