What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Rabbits

Dragon David

First Grade
Just caught end if vlandys on 2gb.
, Triple header at suncorp tomorrow and 2 games on Monday.
If all goes well.
I don't like these multiple games at the one ground. The last time we had this, we copped a few suspensions and injuries and lost the game to the Storm. Nevertheless, to enable the round to be completed, it will be good.

Any idea when we play?

Ted bartolo

Juniors
I guess North QLD, ACT and VIC would be the options. Not sure how feasible the other states are given time zone differences in terms of broadcasting. V'Landys and the NRL will move heaven and earth to keep this comp alive I'm sure.

See, further to my now edited post... I'm sure the biosecurity team that forms part of NRL Project Apollo have always worked on the notion that COVID will forever be existent in the community (and the Australian community as a whole, including our stupid politicians, need to wake up and realise pretty quick smart as well).

The level system protocols are in place to adjust on the fly as needed. This is also why V'Landys pushed so hard to not only get the comp back underway last year, but to also get teams back at their proper home grounds and have crowds rolling back through the gates as soon as possible.

Basically, there shouldn't be any reason why the games today have suddenly been called off. Sure - have no crowds, move our game from Rocky back to Brisbane or the Gold Coast. But there is no reason to call off these matches completely.

V'Landys should be PM or Premier of NSW !
Kept the game going but ruined the game with all the new rules

MarkD

Juniors
Guys apologies as realise I’m behind the play but if there is a triple header tomorrow would that include Saints ?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Queensland health minister finally gets her chance to cancel NRL games, she’s been gagging to do it!
I dislike her 👎
No, the lockdown is about stopping the spread of a virus that kills people. Some things are bigger than rugby league, and I doubt the health experts are distracted by any sport when issuing their advice.

Meanwhile, the Qld govt appears to be doing everything it can to assist the NRL, including providing it with venues to keep the comp going. Keep in mind the reasons why these games can't be played in NSW. Without Qld, the NRL's options become limited to almost zero.

Crush

Coach
No, the lockdown is about stopping the spread of a virus that kills people. Some things are bigger than rugby league, and I doubt the health experts are distracted by any sport when issuing their advice.

Meanwhile, the Qld govt appears to be doing everything it can to assist the NRL, including providing it with venues to keep the comp going. Keep in mind the reasons why these games can't be played in NSW. Without Qld, the NRL's options become limited to almost zero.
You’re obviously a Queenslander?

Willow

Assistant Moderator
You’re obviously a Queenslander?
No need for insults Crush. I'm all for banter but that was a hit below the belt.

I live Near NSW.

Brought up as a westie, it's disheartening to see what's happening to me old stomping grounds. Best wishes to all.

But I'm also thankful that we have some place that is willing take in The Greatest Game of All. Not sure what we'd do without Queensland right now... maybe WA or NT.

I hear Darwin now has a purpose built Rugby League stadium at Warren Park, almost brand new. If things get any worse, we may see the Grand Final there this year.