What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Rabbits

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
I agree BLM. The year was finished as soon as Vaughan picked up the snags and beers so we might as well get games into the kids. The great AFL coach Mick Malthouse said you rarely knew if you had a genuine AFL player on your hands until they had played 50 games and their bodies had hardened. Pretty similar with the NRL I reckon, so lets see what we've got and start turning some of that potential into reality.

The other massive positive is it gives the kids the chance to start marking out a new and better culture for the club. The future is for them not the discards. Put down a marker young men. We'll follow you lads to the end of the earth if you have a real dig.
With two makeshift centres, it's a pity we can't give young Schiller a chance to strut his stuff in the top grade.

kit66

Bench
tl_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS

Jack Bird, Jack de Belin, Blake Lawrie and Josh McGuire's one-game suspensions will be accounted for this weekend following their role in the Shellharbour incident in early-July.

Poasa Faamausili, Billy Burns, Jaiyden Hunt, Kaide Ellis and Jackson Ford are the new faces in the team as a result. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown has also returned to the Warriors prematurely given their recent injury toll.
Matt Dufty and Cody Ramsey have been replaced in the 17 by Tyrone Sloan and Corey Norman respectively. Talatau Amone has been named in the centres with Gerard Beale shifting to the wing at the expense of Jordan Pereira.
Zac Lomax and Daniel Alvaro remain unavailable as they continue their individual quarantine.
Tariq Sims will celebrate his 200th NRL game when he runs out for Rockhampton's maiden opportunity to host an NRL fixture.

NRL squad for Round 20 v South Sydney Rabbitohs –​

1. Tyrell Sloan – sponsored by EFEX
2. Mat Feagai– sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Talatau Amone – sponsored by Floormania
5. Gerard Beale – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Jayden Sullivan – sponsored by Carinya Village – Jindabyne
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Poasa Faamausili – sponsored by Gym Solutions
11. Billy Burns – sponsored by Fox and Jones
12. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by Modus Projects
13. Tariq Sims – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
Interchange:
14. Adam Clune – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
15. Jaiyden Hunt – sponsored by TLE Alexandria
16. Jackson Ford – sponsored by Manna from Heaven
17. Kaide Ellis – sponsored by TripADeal
18. Cody Ramsey
19. Matt Dufty
20. Jordan Pereira
21. Brayden Wiliame

Is this a " F**k you very much " team from Hook ? He's sick of the bullsh*t boys, you're all on notice, no-ones safe. I like it, I like it a lot - not the team list so much as the sentiment. I've wanted Norman in the centres for ages too. Hook should also tell them there's no game plan, just throw it around, go for broke. Great to see Ramsey dropped finally. Woohoo, it's going to be a hell of ride ! Saints 11+ haha, why not.​

be55

Juniors
I don't have a problem with the backline at all, except for picking Norman at centre. Wiliame is named in the 21, why can't he play there ? He's a stronger carrier of the football and defensively he is a much better option than Norman.

Hook is obsessed with Norman. It was reported that he wanted to re-sign Norman and the club overruled him. This selection, and his constant praise of him throughout the year, makes me think those reports were accurate.

Spazer

Juniors
Full strength or not we're most likely getting flogged this round so I'm happy to see the young guys getting a go. I hope we get an even swing of possession so the likes of suli, amone, feagai and sloan get a fair shot at the bunnies try line.

TruSaint

Referee

Is this a " F**k you very much " team from Hook ? He's sick of the bullsh*t boys, you're all on notice, no-ones safe. I like it, I like it a lot - not the team list so much as the sentiment. I've wanted Norman in the centres for ages too. Hook should also tell them there's no game plan, just throw it around, go for broke. Great to see Ramsey dropped finally. Woohoo, it's going to be a hell of ride ! Saints 11+ haha, why not.​

Honestly, thats the way I read it.

mickeylane

Bench
This is officially the worst Dragons team I have ever seen named for a 1st grade match for the past 20 years...If Souths don't beat us by more than 50 Bennett should wield the axe..

I mean seriously Amone and Norman in the centres? ..both merkins cant tackle nor run...

If ever a coach has put up the white flag - Hook just did it ..

BIG RIG

Juniors
Sloan in for Dufty was the right call
Feagai maintaining his spot was the right call
Sullivan maintaining his spot was the right call
Norman was last option but once Lomax is back should not be picked again
Beale will probably play his last game for the year before Rava comes back
I don’t mind Amone at centre good to give him a crack

IMO Burns and Fuimaono bring nothing

And that bench is just horrific

Carlton

Juniors
tl_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS
Breaking

Presented By TripADeal

NRL team announcement: Round 20 v Rabbitohs​

Author Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au Timestamp Tue 27 Jul 2021, 03:57 PM

Share on social media​

St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has named his mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 20 clash against the South Sydney Rabbitohs at Browne Park, Rockhampton on Saturday, July 31 (3pm).
Jack Bird, Jack de Belin, Blake Lawrie and Josh McGuire's one-game suspensions will be accounted for this weekend following their role in the Shellharbour incident in early-July.

Poasa Faamausili, Billy Burns, Jaiyden Hunt, Kaide Ellis and Jackson Ford are the new faces in the team as a result. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown has also returned to the Warriors prematurely given their recent injury toll.
Matt Dufty and Cody Ramsey have been replaced in the 17 by Tyrone Sloan and Corey Norman respectively. Talatau Amone has been named in the centres with Gerard Beale shifting to the wing at the expense of Jordan Pereira.
Zac Lomax and Daniel Alvaro remain unavailable as they continue their individual quarantine.
Tariq Sims will celebrate his 200th NRL game when he runs out for Rockhampton's maiden opportunity to host an NRL fixture.

NRL squad for Round 20 v South Sydney Rabbitohs –​

1. Tyrell Sloan – sponsored by EFEX
2. Mat Feagai– sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Talatau Amone – sponsored by Floormania
5. Gerard Beale – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Jayden Sullivan – sponsored by Carinya Village – Jindabyne
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Poasa Faamausili – sponsored by Gym Solutions
11. Billy Burns – sponsored by Fox and Jones
12. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by Modus Projects
13. Tariq Sims – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
Interchange:
14. Adam Clune – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
15. Jaiyden Hunt – sponsored by TLE Alexandria
16. Jackson Ford – sponsored by Manna from Heaven
17. Kaide Ellis – sponsored by TripADeal
18. Cody Ramsey
19. Matt Dufty
20. Jordan Pereira
21. Brayden Wiliame

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/07/27/nrl-team-announcement-round-20-v-rabbitohs/

Yahoo, this is what we need, this year is not a year for us to win a premiership. Its a year to work out what we have and what we need. The young guys need game time in firsts, do it now so that by next season they know what they need to do in the pre season.

This is what most of you guys have been asking for, get behind it and support the juniors. If they are good enough great, if they aren't at least we'll know without wasting another season hoping. PS: find me a Beau Scott, that's the attitude we need, I never saw him take a backward step, the opposition knew not to test him because he wasn't going to back down.

Crush

Coach
This is an excellent selection from Hook.
1. He has dropped Dufty for Sloan.
2. He has stuck with Sullivan at 6.
3. This team will now allow us to play a near full strength team against Raiders
Well done Hook, respect what he has done this week.

thebigredv

First Grade
I prefer the energy and enthusiasm of the young ones in this team than trotting out the same old when the same olds clearly can't get the job done.Massacre or not, it will be entertaining. Forwards won't know what hit them.

Credit to hook. He doesn't has to answer to anyone this week.

JubileeJeffro

Juniors
This is officially the worst Dragons team I have ever seen named for a 1st grade match for the past 20 years...If Souths don't beat us by more than 50 Bennett should wield the axe..

I mean seriously Amone and Norman in the centres? ..both merkins cant tackle nor run...

If ever a coach has put up the white flag - Hook just did it ..
South’s would likely beat us by 50 regardless. Good to see Sloan at 1 and Sullivan at 6, happy to Amone given game time. Rather Amone than Burns in the centres, let’s see how he goes in the back row. Might have been worth giving Ford a run in the centres but stocks are very thin post bbq gate, and we have 2 or 3 slots still to fill before August 2nd from memory

Latest posts