What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Rabbits

jeffdragon

Bench
When was the last time we beat souths even In the charity shield.
It won't hapoen this weekend.
Hoping for the best but it usually turns into worse than we could of imagined.

Last edited:

blacksafake

First Grade
What odds are we to win this?

Still to serve their 1 game suspension - JDB, Bird, Kerr, Lawrie, Maguire, Beale

Available - Rava, Lomax, Alvaro, Williame (?)

Team list:
1. Sloan
2. Max F
3. Bird
4. Lomax
5. Ravalawa
6. Bud (but i think it will be Norman)
7. Hunt
8. Maguire
9. Macca
10. Lawrie
11. Fui
12. Sims
13. Ford

14. Amone
15. Alvaro
16. Poasa/Ellis/JHunt
17. Burns

Serving suspensions - JDB, Kerr, Beale
Good side under the circumstances.
I’d swap Fui & Ford around. Fui was playing well in the 13 before the dreaded tragic round.
Maybe Matt F for Max.

blacksafake

First Grade
The best we can do under the circumstances is to go out with the mindset ( was going to say attitude but it’s probably the wrong terminology at the moment) of tackling one out low unless on our line instead of going high & being bumped off therefore giving Walker etc space to create.
In our own half mistake free & kick early to turn their big fellas around often.
But the main thing is to pray for a bluddy miracle 😂

BLM01

First Grade
The best we can do under the circumstances is to go out with the mindset ( was going to say attitude but it’s probably the wrong terminology at the moment) of tackling one out low unless on our line instead of going high & being bumped off therefore giving Walker etc space to create.
In our own half mistake free & kick early to turn their big fellas around often.
Prob is everyone is coached to go high when getting close to defending your line
Coaches may sack someone for going low due to the circus that is the play the balll and ruck giving too much time to the opposition

Dragon David

First Grade
The game will be hard to watch. When was the last time we beat the Bunnies?
This years Charity Shield the Bunnies nearly made it to 50 when they beat us 48-16. They could exceed the 50 mark this weekend.

Gareth67

First Grade

I do not have Fox tele so I watch the Northern Territory league match every Sunday on SBS channel .( Palms V Brothers clubs ) But to the point blacksafake , you have mentioned our boys should tackle low and ever so correct .

The N.T game struck me as odd some how and it took me a few minutes to realize what it was . The players were tackling low and also high , but the attacker was brought down almost immediately .

The other thing that showed was there was no 15 odd second delay when the defense covered their opponent after completing the tackle , they allowed them up and the game moved on at a much faster pace then in the NRL .

I get more enjoyment out of watching these Sunday N.T. matches then the NRL , certainly the players are not as skillful , but the speed of the game is as it once was before the wrestling tactics reared it’s ugly head in the NRL .

Last edited:

Gomarchin

Juniors
Looks like the 60 point margin (10-70 v Storm) from 2000 will be eclipsed this Saturday.

Thanks to a weak roster and Vlandy ball, the score may get very ugly.

kit66

Bench
I'm hoping Bennett takes this opportunity to rest some of his stars. Please, please. They're 4 points ahead of the Eels and the Eels have a tougher run into the finals. Please Wayne, you'll need your stars fit to play Eels the week after and you'll still beat us anyway buddy, I promise. Go aarn.

getsmarty

Immortal
tl_web.jpg

TEAM LISTS
Breaking

Presented By TripADeal

NRL team announcement: Round 20 v Rabbitohs​

Author Dragons.com.au dragons.com.au Timestamp Tue 27 Jul 2021, 03:57 PM

Share on social media​

St George Illawarra coach Anthony Griffin has named his mandatory 21-man squad ahead of the Dragons' Round 20 clash against the South Sydney Rabbitohs at Browne Park, Rockhampton on Saturday, July 31 (3pm).
Jack Bird, Jack de Belin, Blake Lawrie and Josh McGuire's one-game suspensions will be accounted for this weekend following their role in the Shellharbour incident in early-July.

Poasa Faamausili, Billy Burns, Jaiyden Hunt, Kaide Ellis and Jackson Ford are the new faces in the team as a result. Jamayne Taunoa-Brown has also returned to the Warriors prematurely given their recent injury toll.
Matt Dufty and Cody Ramsey have been replaced in the 17 by Tyrone Sloan and Corey Norman respectively. Talatau Amone has been named in the centres with Gerard Beale shifting to the wing at the expense of Jordan Pereira.
Zac Lomax and Daniel Alvaro remain unavailable as they continue their individual quarantine.
Tariq Sims will celebrate his 200th NRL game when he runs out for Rockhampton's maiden opportunity to host an NRL fixture.

NRL squad for Round 20 v South Sydney Rabbitohs –​

1. Tyrell Sloan – sponsored by EFEX
2. Mat Feagai– sponsored by Aspec Masonry
3. Corey Norman – sponsored by Kingsgrove Sports Centre
4. Talatau Amone – sponsored by Floormania
5. Gerard Beale – sponsored by Wollongong Jetski
6. Jayden Sullivan – sponsored by Carinya Village – Jindabyne
7. Ben Hunt (c) – sponsored by Narellan Pools Illawarra
8. Josh Kerr – sponsored by Sneaky Burger
9. Andrew McCullough – sponsored by Dincel Construction System
10. Poasa Faamausili – sponsored by Gym Solutions
11. Billy Burns – sponsored by Fox and Jones
12. Tyrell Fuimaono – sponsored by Modus Projects
13. Tariq Sims – sponsored by CMG Audio Visual
Interchange:
14. Adam Clune – sponsored by Professionals Padstow
15. Jaiyden Hunt – sponsored by TLE Alexandria
16. Jackson Ford – sponsored by Manna from Heaven
17. Kaide Ellis – sponsored by TripADeal
18. Cody Ramsey
19. Matt Dufty
20. Jordan Pereira
21. Brayden Wiliame

https://www.dragons.com.au/news/2021/07/27/nrl-team-announcement-round-20-v-rabbitohs/

Maddragon99

Juniors
If we get within 50 points it’ll be a moral victory. Feel bad for Ramsey, it wasn’t his fault he played out of position last week. Why didn’t Hook play Amone in the centre’s last week & kept Ramsey on the wing???

Looks like Hook just threw darts at a dartboard to pick this side.