What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Rabbits

Maddragon99

Juniors
Credit to @George Dragon for this.

Something to ponder:
In 20 rounds we will have served 60 weeks of suspensions this year alone.
Compare that to all other teams
Yes I thought the same thing but I don’t think we are victims either. Obviously BBQ-Gate was self inflicted, Rav forgot how to tackle, Fuimaono almost killed Papenhuzen who I believe still hasn’t played since Magic Round & we signed a thug with a terrible record in McGuire.

The outage that really cost us was Lomax’s thumb injury. We couldn’t replace him, we lost a strike weapon, solid edge defender & a 85% goal kicker.

be55

Juniors
Kicker in general play option and goal kicker perhaps
If you're picking him as a kicker in general play, or to end our sets, what does that say about our coaches confidence in our likely halves pairing for next year and their kicking games.

Also, Sullivan is a goal kicker so he can do that job.

Mate, the coach has picked him there because he is a fan of his...plain and simple...

IMO Beale is a better option in the centres than Norman and i assume Pereira is available so he could play on the wing.

What do you think mate?

Do you think he's suited to playing in the centres? Do you think he carriers the ball strongly enough to play there? What about his defence?

IMO a truly bizarre selection to say the least...

Maddragon99

Juniors
If you're picking him as a kicker in general play, or to end our sets, what does that say about our coaches confidence in our likely halves pairing for next year and their kicking games.

Mate, the coach has picked him there because he is a fan of his...plain and simple...

IMO Beale is a better option in the centres than Norman and i assume Pereira is available so he could play on the wing.

What do you think mate?

Do you think he's suited to playing in the centres? Do you think he carriers the ball strongly enough to play there? What about his defence?

Norman is a turnstile in defence but I honestly don’t see him as being the problem at the moment. Too many other players not putting in.

thebigredv

First Grade
I'm finding it harder and harder to care how the team is going this year. There just doesn't seem to be much fight or passion for the jersey in this group, and it's disheartening to watch after there seemed to be a glimmer of hope in the early rounds. It wasn't that long ago (okay, maybe it was ten years) that we had a tough, hard bunch of forwards other teams feared and stalwarts like Cooper, Hornby, Creagh, Nighty who only ever pulled on a Dragons jersey. I just hope the young blokes that are getting a run now can turn it all around in the future.

Bunch of misfit players most of whom have no attachment to the jersey and what it should stand for. Starting to think no one ever will....

Saw the Ricky doco and he said he ensures all players he signs have an education on the Canberra club and all it represents. Hook is not a at George or Illawarra boy but I wish there was more pride instilled in some way.

That appreciation would be a foundation for more success. How many of our players have walked through the museum exhibition for 100 years I wonder?

Broken record here, I know.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
Mate, $2.45 for Rabbits 30+ is the bet here.
Check the score at halftime and if it looks like being closer cash out.
Easy Money

If only cash out worked that way it wouldn't be a gamble at all, mate! Too bad the cash out odds change intermittently throughout the game so if Saints aren't behind by 15 or more at half time very unlikely to get your $2.45.

Crush

Coach
If only cash out worked that way it wouldn't be a gamble at all, mate! Too bad the cash out odds change intermittently throughout the game so if Saints aren't behind by 15 or more at half time very unlikely to get your $2.45.
The odds are fixed.
If you bet at $2.45 odds then that’s your winning return on bet. Obviously the cash out changes throughout the game based on likelihood of bet paying.
If you bet 10 bucks at $2.45 odds and at halftime it was 26 nil to Rabbits you could cash out at approximately $18 return.
If however it was 8 nil Rabbits your cash out option would more likely be about $5.
Cashing out at halftime and accepting a fractional loss is the way to go in this scenario.

BLM01

First Grade

What do you think mate?

Maattte..let me respond to that 1 at a time
1. Their kicking was poor last week and Sullo is a bit out of practice...,.in time, and as i said a 3rd option to share it around
2. see 1
3. probably
4. Not so sure Beale v Norman (fors and againsts for both) and Periera obviously did not impress last week? Beale has to sit out next week and Beale better on the wing me thinks
5. Not suited as such but can do enough in defence if he puts his mind to it..as I said before if he plays bad he will suffer the Dufty fate so ball in his court.
6...Bizarre maybe but no one is safe ATM unless they perform to some degree and does it really matter this week anyway

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Whilst Bud can kick goals, I doubt he'd be given that responsibility as he has only just returned from 2 seperate leg injuries. Concentrate only on kicks in general play will suffice atm. Norman will do the goal kicking (ahem!). Clune has kicked 1 goal in KOE Cup and i'm not sure if Junior has ever kicked for goal.

I'm Hornby

Juniors
The odds are fixed.
If you bet at $2.45 odds then that’s your winning return on bet. Obviously the cash out changes throughout the game based on likelihood of bet paying.
If you bet 10 bucks at $2.45 odds and at halftime it was 26 nil to Rabbits you could cash out at approximately $18 return.
If however it was 8 nil Rabbits your cash out option would more likely be about $5.
Cashing out at halftime and accepting a fractional loss is the way to go in this scenario.

Yes but certainly isn't easy money if you're losing it when you cash out mate!

be55

Juniors
Maattte..let me respond to that 1 at a time
1. Their kicking was poor last week and Sullo is a bit out of practice...,.in time, and as i said a 3rd option to share it around
2. see 1
3. probably
4. Not so sure Beale v Norman (fors and againsts for both) and Periera obviously did not impress last week? Beale has to sit out next week and Beale better on the wing me thinks
5. Not suited as such but can do enough in defence if he puts his mind to it..as I said before if he plays bad he will suffer the Dufty fate so ball in his court.
6...Bizarre maybe but no one is safe ATM unless they perform to some degree and does it really matter this week anyway
1. Fair enough
2. Understood
3. Okey-Doke
4. Roger that
5. Very well
6. Good Point... and i would have thought that every time our team runs out "it matters"... And especially for you this week, since you're backing them 1-12, aren't you ?

Good luck with that by the way...you'll need it 👍

BLM01

First Grade
1. Fair enough
2. Understood
3. Okey-Doke
4. Roger that
5. Very well
6. Good Point... and i would have thought that every time our team runs out "it matters"... And especially for you this week, since you're backing them 1-12, aren't you ?

Good luck with that by the way...you'll need it 👍
It is going to be the upset of the 20’s
The kids will dazzle the Bunnies defence who will be complacent
Score 34-30

Latest posts