What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Rabbits

Maddragon99

Juniors
Too early to assess him as a fraud for mine. Needs a brief but reasonable period to reshape things and he just hasn't yet been given that time.

Not a fan of how he uses his Broncos connections but somehow his Penrith connections are not so forthcoming. Definitely some of his selections are up there with the Mary ones like Aitken and McCrone. However, our squad sucks and sucked before he got here and his teams do put in. Sometimes when you are losing, losing, losing, all the small things a coach does or doesn't do are amplified so trying to keep perspective. There's so much we don't see.

As I said, I won't be surprised if he walks at the end of his contract. You don't see that often in coaching. For as much as he defends his players, you just know underneath he can't believe their unprofessionalism and horrible lack of skill. After Norman, Pereira and Dufty, who he made the right call on I'd be going a lot further with a roster wipe which is wishful thinking (see ya Lomax you overrated cat, Kerr, Alvaro, Famausuli, Ellis, Beale, Ford just take a walk the lot of you Burns just looks like another Host to me). How the likes of Bird, JDB and McGuire make it up to him I don't know but the onus should be squarely on them. They are lucky they are good footy players.

The whole roster restoration appears to be happening too slowly but there's still time before round 1 next year. If I was sat in a room with Hook that'd be my first line of questioning.

I feel we are heading for mediocrity too. I just don't see an easy way out of this.
He’s only got 24mths to prove he can do something & he’s almost burnt through the first 12mths & it’s been a total fiasco so far. This isn’t the McGregor years, Hook is on a very short leash and thank god for that.

Lindsay Moss

Juniors
Haha, pretty sure we are all very strong dragons fans in here mate. The fans who get desperately upset and talk about never watching another game are some of biggest diehards. The more invested the fans are the more upsetting it is to see the team do so poorly, hence the recent negativity.
These facebook fans that say support your team and be positive regardless of the results are the fake fans IMO.
True fans get angry.
Seriously i have been a dragons supporter since I was 6 I am now 61 but i would never say I would never watch another dragons game. As a true supporter you don't say that shit I have followed Westham since i was 12 and sydney FC since their birth and will never not support these teams so don't give me this passion shit. Follow them or f**k of.

BLM01

First Grade
Anthony Griffin is a fraud, he sold us all a pipe dream. The playing group is fractured and falling apart. Virtually no one is putting in which is why our defence is so terrible. So far our recruitment for next year is Su’a & Molo. Can anyone tell me where the improvement comes from next year?

We’ll be looking for a new coach for ‘23 & all this grief will be for nothing. We’ve missed out on Fitzgibbon so I honestly don’t know who a potential coach for ‘23 would be.

Looks like more years of mediocrity to me, a season that had so much hope & promise has become a nightmare.
Fraud is....no does not matter
Playing group fractured and falling apart..you know this how?
Cmon you could be more negative than that
Talk about an about face in a short space of time, you were so positive still until very recently. 🧐

thebigredv

First Grade
He’s only got 24mths to prove he can do something & he’s almost burnt through the first 12mths & it’s been a total fiasco so far. This isn’t the McGregor years, Hook is on a very short leash and thank god for that.

Glad it's him not me.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Anthony Griffin is a fraud, he sold us all a pipe dream. The playing group is fractured and falling apart. Virtually no one is putting in which is why our defence is so terrible. So far our recruitment for next year is Su’a & Molo. Can anyone tell me where the improvement comes from next year?

We’ll be looking for a new coach for ‘23 & all this grief will be for nothing. We’ve missed out on Fitzgibbon so I honestly don’t know who a potential coach for ‘23 would be.

Looks like more years of mediocrity to me, a season that had so much hope & promise has become a nightmare.
We have been in the 8 all year and still are somehow. All on top of having one of if not the most disrupted seasons of all the teams with an absolute truckload of suspensions and injuries, plus losing vital home games vs teams like the Titans. We have blooded plenty of juniors, put time into some players like Ramsey that will only pay dividends in a season or two and got rid of some dead wood in Dufty, Norman and Vaughan. All up I would say it’s been the season we had to have. Remember last year we nearly got the spoon. It’s a vast improvement.

SIR LANCELOT

Juniors
As a supporter there has been too much negativity attached to our football club. Would like to see the management of the Dragons step up and give us supporters good news on a regular basis. How about more info on the young lads coming through. Put some interest in front of our supporters to keep themaware and informed.

Crush

Coach
Seriously i have been a dragons supporter since I was 6 I am now 61 but i would never say I would never watch another dragons game. As a true supporter you don't say that shit I have followed Westham since i was 12 and sydney FC since their birth and will never not support these teams so don't give me this passion shit. Follow them or f**k of.
Lindsay, being a fan for a long time doesn’t make one any more a “true supporter” than one who is a teenager in my eyes.
What’s wrong with a passionate fan throwing their hands in the air saying they won’t watch another game this season (even though they know it’s a lie). I would say a teenager that knows every player, every reserve grader, watches every game of NRL across all teams every week, spends hours a week in a forum discussing their team is as big a fan as anyone regardless of their generation.
I hate it when people say follow them or f**k off if a fan is feeling disgruntled with their team and wants to take a break or at least vent a bit saying screw this team!
The fans that bang on about following the team for 50 years and support them at all costs are some of the worst. I try to have conversations with them about football and they don’t even know players names “geez I like that Fijian bloke on the wing” “that young kid at centre, the skinny one, he looks alright”
Same old boys saying “support the team or f**k off!”

BLM01

First Grade
As a supporter there has been too much negativity attached to our football club. Would like to see the management of the Dragons step up and give us supporters good news on a regular basis. How about more info on the young lads coming through. Put some interest in front of our supporters to keep themaware and informed.
Agree.. although to keep the good news coming ATM they would have to make some up 😀
Yes the alarmism, innuendo, drama and negativity now appears to have increased more than the McGrexit era which I fiind astounding
We are worse than the media but it is fun watching from the gallery and I am all aboard the bus ride to “god knows where”

denis preston

First Grade

Remind me not to drop into your trench in the next war !!

BLM01

First Grade
Footy Tab. 23.5 start to us 4 converted tries start.. hmmm
Hooks Babes. We can do it
Get your mula on the Dragons
Remember Gamble Responsibly

BLM01

First Grade
Lindsay, being a fan for a long time doesn’t make one any more a “true supporter” than one who is a teenager in my eyes.
What’s wrong with a passionate fan throwing their hands in the air saying they won’t watch another game this season (even though they know it’s a lie). I would say a teenager that knows every player, every reserve grader, watches every game of NRL across all teams every week, spends hours a week in a forum discussing their team is as big a fan as anyone regardless of their generation.
I hate it when people say follow them or f**k off if a fan is feeling disgruntled with their team and wants to take a break or at least vent a bit saying screw this team!
The fans that bang on about following the team for 50 years and support them at all costs are some of the worst. I try to have conversations with them about football and they don’t even know players names “geez I like that Fijian bloke on the wing” “that young kid at centre, the skinny one, he looks alright”
Same old boys saying “support the team or f**k off
Geez he would be doing well to name the reserve grade side
have more chance with Jersey Flegg
Most of reserve grade get named in the Top 30 and are even named on game day
Our club don’t even tell you who is outside the 30 or who the part timers are.. they don’t seem to exist in their eyes
Have to go and watch yourself or follow the NSWRL website for info if your lucky

OneEyedDragon

Juniors
Well, after reading through the comments this morning, it's plainly obvious we should just fold up, shut the doors and disappear into folklore.
It sure is all doom and gloom! We have no players, dud coaches, useless board and the NRL officials hate us.
Anyway, I wish the young team all the best against Souths and hope that they show how good they will be next year and beyond.

It sure is all doom and gloom! We have no players, dud coaches, useless board and the NRL officials hate us.
Anyway, I wish the young team all the best against Souths and hope that they show how good they will be next year and beyond.
It is all doom and gloom, season could not be much worse. Promising young players should be promoted where possible, but as it stands when you compare Sloan at 84kg with Latrell Mitchell who is much taller and weighs 102 kg, there is no comparison. There must be some terrible teams though, if we are still in the top eight.

Maddragon99

Juniors
Fraud is....no does not matter
Playing group fractured and falling apart..you know this how?
Cmon you could be more negative than that
Talk about an about face in a short space of time, you were so positive still until very recently. 🧐
Yes mate you’re correct my attitude has changed the past couple of weeks. I think it’s been our tepid efforts in the Manly & GC games that’s caused me to change my opinion of Hook.

Prior to the Manly game I was very hopeful Hook would be able to bring the group together & rally for a win. But the opposite has occurred we’ve been simply terrible & Hook has to wear some responsibility for that.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
You know what…being locked down, with not much to do and not much hope, you’d think the dragons would be able to raise your spirits. However, these pricks have showed that they have no heart and are all a bunch of selfish merkins. I can’t even enjoy the footy anymore, and watching these merkins play only makes me angrier and more depressed. Souffs will beat the hell out of this lot of pea hearts…rant over…but ranting will most likely continue during the game.

Walpole

Juniors
I'm finding it harder and harder to care how the team is going this year. There just doesn't seem to be much fight or passion for the jersey in this group, and it's disheartening to watch after there seemed to be a glimmer of hope in the early rounds. It wasn't that long ago (okay, maybe it was ten years) that we had a tough, hard bunch of forwards other teams feared and stalwarts like Cooper, Hornby, Creagh, Nighty who only ever pulled on a Dragons jersey. I just hope the young blokes that are getting a run now can turn it all around in the future.