What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Storm

Pretty Penny

Juniors
Nathan Cleary to train in full contact today in a bid to play against the Storm. He is the toughest player in NRL history.

The_Frog

First Grade
Hopefully, Nathan plays.
Hopefully he doesn't. The Fox story will be to drum up interest in the match, which is not only a foregone conclusion, but has no bearing whatsoever on who wins the premiership. Except for one thing. If Nathan hurts his shoulder again we are gone. The Storm will do everything in their power to bring that about.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
That aside we have won 4 in a row. In that included the Roosters and Eels and have various key players out...

Never change Fox sports
Roosters and Eels are shit though.

Roosters through injury. Eels are just a shit team that have managed to bash up on shittier sides really well.

Power rankings since Origin IMO would be:

Storm

Daylight

Souths
Sea Eagles
Panthers

Daylight

Whatever cannon fodder teams make the finals. Panthers once Nathan is back and everyone else is back will be sitting up with Storm. But for now we're clearly a level below them and sitting with the dark horse teams.

Eels are not a threat. Roosters would definitely be if not for god absolutely shitting on them. They might be better for the run in 2022. But they just font have the roster to be a threat this year... Or to think beating them is some achievement when theyre more depleted than us.

Girds89

Bench
I like Edwards but he hasn't been close to our best this year. Cleary, Yeo, Fish, To'o and Martin all streets ahead, Luai, Burton and Capewell almost certainly there too.

Edwards has done well as an underrated player. Let's not flip him into one of the games most overrated now.

Thats your opinion. I bet you asked his team mates and coaches who had been close to the best all year dylan wouldnt be far behind nath and fish. Ive heard it in interviews before, critta has spoken about it.

Im not a stats man but on average he is 4th in Nrl for avg meters a game in nrl and 9th for tackle breaks and not even in top 50 for avg errors per game where a lot of other backline players are.

I love brian, he on avg gets through 50m extra gained a week than dyl. But dyl would probably cover an extra 3 to 4km on high output efforts putting himself in a position to clean up kicks and fill gaps in the defensive line. All that stuff doesnt go on a stat sheet but its the stuff the players and coach notice.

He isnt a rhys wesser but in my time watching the panthers no fb has ever worked harder in attack and defence than dyl. Id be very suprised if he wasnt up there at the end of the year for players player.

Fangs

Coach
I have a feeling Cleary will play, though I'd prefer he doesn't.

He has always come back early from injury. Pushing hard to be in the team at every chance. He won't want to miss this one.

I'd prefer he is back for our big games against the Roosters, Souths and Eels. That is pretty good finals prep even if he doesn't get a chance against the Storm.

MugaB

Coach
I have a feeling Cleary will play, though I'd prefer he doesn't.

He has always come back early from injury. Pushing hard to be in the team at every chance. He won't want to miss this one.

I'd prefer he is back for our big games against the Roosters, Souths and Eels. That is pretty good finals prep even if he doesn't get a chance against the Storm.
He hasn't played the storm since the GF, im fairly sure he wants payback, i don't think he wants to wait till 2021 GF to play them again

Fangs

Coach
He hasn't played the storm since the GF, im fairly sure he wants payback, i don't think he wants to wait till 2021 GF to play them again

That's right, he will want to play against the best team in the competition right now.

Kilkenny

Coach
Thats your opinion. I bet you asked his team mates and coaches who had been close to the best all year dylan wouldnt be far behind nath and fish. Ive heard it in interviews before, critta has spoken about it.

Im not a stats man but on average he is 4th in Nrl for avg meters a game in nrl and 9th for tackle breaks and not even in top 50 for avg errors per game where a lot of other backline players are.

I love brian, he on avg gets through 50m extra gained a week than dyl. But dyl would probably cover an extra 3 to 4km on high output efforts putting himself in a position to clean up kicks and fill gaps in the defensive line. All that stuff doesnt go on a stat sheet but its the stuff the players and coach notice.

He isnt a rhys wesser but in my time watching the panthers no fb has ever worked harder in attack and defence than dyl. Id be very suprised if he wasnt up there at the end of the year for players player.
I agree. Dylan’s value to the team is vastly under rated.

There are so many tries scored each round in all games where you say to yourself where the f**k was the fullback?

Dylan is almost always where he needs to be and as you say his ground coverage is second to none. He doesn’t have the explosive pace or power of the Tedecso’s or Tommy T but he does a really good job for us. Shame he has endured bad luck with injuries which have hampered him at times.

franklin2323

Immortal
Roosters and Eels are shit though.

Roosters through injury. Eels are just a shit team that have managed to bash up on shittier sides really well.

Power rankings since Origin IMO would be:

Storm

Daylight

Souths
Sea Eagles
Panthers

Daylight

Whatever cannon fodder teams make the finals. Panthers once Nathan is back and everyone else is back will be sitting up with Storm. But for now we're clearly a level below them and sitting with the dark horse teams.

Eels are not a threat. Roosters would definitely be if not for god absolutely shitting on them. They might be better for the run in 2022. But they just font have the roster to be a threat this year... Or to think beating them is some achievement when theyre more depleted than us.

In those 4 games.

Cleary missed 3.
Api missed 1
Edwards missed 1
Luai missed 1.

So it isn't like there has been plain sailing.

Manly lost to Canberra yet we are worse despite winning every game?
Souths almost lost to Bulldogs. They are averaging 17.2 against them.
Meanwhile we are 'struggling' conceding 13 a game in the same period

It is our comp to lose. Melbourne are at our level...The others are too poor in defence