What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Storm

If we can somehow manage to hold on to a Top 4 position by the end of the proper season, we’ll hopefully have the band back together in time for the finals.

Then we just repeat and mirror our performances from the first 12 games of this season.

pantherz9103

First Grade
I just hope we don't concede 50 this weekend. At this rate whether we win the comp or not most of us probably won't get to see it live. After smashing Souffs in Dubbo it appeared like we were really humming along and nobody could stop us but then Origin and injuries happened and Covid forced a lockdown and NRL relocation. The feel good factor has been well and truly lost.

mxlegend99

Referee
We can still win
More dummy half running we have to get the storm starting there sets closer to there try line .forwards gunning of dummy half
We can still win
This side will be on par with the one that Tigers smashed. Considerably weaker than the one that just missed 69 tackles against Storm.

Brian To'o
Nathan Cleary
Isaah Yeo
Api Koroisau
James Fisher-Harris
Tyrone May out too but he really hurts depth more than anything.

5 rep players out and arguably our 5 most important ones. Against Storm. If we keep them to less than 50 I will be relieved.

franklin2323

Immortal
Who from the injuried list is long term?

Api, Yeo and TPJ back next week. Cleary anytime now

We still finish Top 2 and with everyone back come finals time

ACTPanthers

Bench
My inability to watch this game may be a godsend in the long run... Means I won't have to watch us capitulate until the next day when I watch the replay...

franklin2323

Immortal
This side will be on par with the one that Tigers smashed. Considerably weaker than the one that just missed 69 tackles against Storm.

Brian To'o
Nathan Cleary
Isaah Yeo
Api Koroisau
James Fisher-Harris
Tyrone May out too but he really hurts depth more than anything.

5 rep players out and arguably our 5 most important ones. Against Storm. If we keep them to less than 50 I will be relieved.

Capewell and Luai have this side that will run out stronger

Fangs

Coach
We need a bigger body on the wing to replace Too. I'd like at Robert Jennings before Naden.

The Realist

Juniors
Recent events post origin have just shown up the whole folly around this comp being a two horse race.

Injury, suspensions, Covid breaches it was just silly to assume it was a two team race.

History has shown how you are travelling in June means nothing and it is all about where you are at leading into the semi finals come September.

All we can hope for now is we can somehow hang on, continue to grind out some courageous wins and secure 2nd or 3rd spot.

You are right, it was folly. It is a one horse race, where a challenger might usurp them in the event 'all the stars aligned'.

Stars aligned for us last year. For the Roosters it didn't.

Stars were looking to align this year till Origin - then we have been breaking down ever since.

Roosters have had it far worse. They have literally had the stars align to oppose them and yet they are still good enough to be a Top 5 team. Incredible effort by them.

These are the only 2 teams that could have given them stiff competition.

Parra, Souths and Manly are capable but would need a huge run of form and luck to go their way to win.

I think most people agreed relatively early in the season that this was in a way a 5-6 team race.

The Realist

Juniors
Who from the injuried list is long term?

Api, Yeo and TPJ back next week. Cleary anytime now

We still finish Top 2 and with everyone back come finals time

I wish I could be as confident as you. We can conceivably lose more games than we win in this seasons back end. Biggest games would be Souths and Parra as they are 4 point turn arounds. Roosters could be a big one as well.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Meanwhile back at the farm the purple scum get a huge morale boost with bellyache receiving a 5 year 10 billion dollar deal all announced week we play them .
Truely the lowest of the low i hate them more than ever and thats saying something .
I would love a Sydney only comp again and the rest can go f**k themselves in super league style competition .
Muscle up

franklin2323

Immortal
I wish I could be as confident as you. We can conceivably lose more games than we win in this seasons back end. Biggest games would be Souths and Parra as they are 4 point turn arounds. Roosters could be a big one as well.

Edwards
Staines
Burton
Crichton
Naden
Luai
Cleary
TPJ
Api
Leota
Kiks
Capewell
Yeo

Kenny
Martin
Sorensen
Leinu

This side won't lose a game.... JFH, May and To'o still to come back

This week is difficult but troops come back...People are losing their mind over not much really

Glad we won all those games earlier in the year when things were going our way. That was what Ivan was saying, as he mentioned Origin and injuries are likely to impact season.

So we are 3 wins ahead of the 4th placed Eels, with a materially better +/-. 3 wins should get us third place. Next week we get back Api, gain TPJ and maybe Nath and Yeo as well. Fish is not injured and is expected to return with at least a few weeks remaining before finals. To’o should be back for the finals.

Did we honestly believe that we would win every round every season?

franklin2323

Immortal
Glad we won all those games earlier in the year when things were going our way. That was what Ivan was saying, as he mentioned Origin and injuries are likely to impact season.

So we are 3 wins ahead of the 4th placed Eels, with a materially better +/-. 3 wins should get us third place. Next week we get back Api, gain TPJ and maybe Nath and Yeo as well. Fish is not injured and is expected to return with at least a few weeks remaining before finals. To’o should be back for the finals.

Did we honestly believe that we would win every round every season?

Parra's run home is shocking but we play them round 25 with in theory full strength side.

Exactly. Top 2 and everyone back for the finals and we are no worse off then going through the year undefeated

Latest posts