What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 v Storm

GongPanther

Referee
With another covid breath by James Roberts admittedly it a minor one .i doubt we see the season out .the Qld government must be on the verge of shutting it down
It's been in the back of my mind that some idiot will screw it up for everyone.

Pomoz

Bench
If your structures are so reliant on one player that they break down when he isn't playing - then either the structure is too rigid and inflexible, or the coaching is not good enough. Either way that is on Ivan.

You can literally take any 1, sometimes 2 of the best players out of the Storm and to a slightly lesser extent the Roosters spines and they still perform. Either the backup player has been trained well enough to fill in the role competently OR the coaches can adjust the structure to accommodate the strength and weakness of the replacement player(s).

Our team loses Nathan and there is a huge drop in our teams performance.
If you take a player out and the structure doesn't work, then by definition its not a structure. I guess you could argue the replacement isn't following the structure, but the way we drop off a cliff without Cleary says we don't have an effective structure. We have a brilliant half.

age.s

First Grade
We haven't exactly fallen off a cliff every time we've played without Nathan though. We went unbeaten without him at the start of last year, and beat the Storm without him this year. Losing half your best 17 for two months mid season would disrupt any structure (including the Storms) so I don't think it's surprising we've looked lackluster this last period. May hasn't been anywhere near an adequate replacement, but hey maybe Nathan comes back, plays out the rest of the year and the team has been better off with edges that have had to put up with minimal disruption and Ivan looks like a genius.

Last edited:
Has anyone given any thought to what would happen if we win on Saturday night.
Would be absolutely devastating for the Storm.
It will be one of the greatest club wins in Penrith’s history if it were to happen.

It will be up there with the round 3 Panthers v Melbourne game from earlier this year, and the 32-31 win against Wests Tigers back in 2000.

Panther Pete

Juniors
I cant believe people have lost faith already we will fight like hell against the Storm, lets keep it positive .... especially on the game day thread !
I don’t think it’s losing faith but rather being realistic. If you take into account the way we have been playing in recent weeks plus the amount of players we have out I don’t see where our tries are coming from against the Storm. But to be fair I am never optimistic when it comes to Penrith so who knows.

franklin2323

Immortal
I don’t think it’s losing faith but rather being realistic. If you take into account the way we have been playing in recent weeks plus the amount of players we have out I don’t see where our tries are coming from against the Storm. But to be fair I am never optimistic when it comes to Penrith so who knows.

When we beat them we scored 2 tries. Parra scored 3 when they beat them.
Cowboys kept them to 20 points. You aren't going to rack up a score anyway.

We have 3 tries in us... That may be enough if the defence turns up

Girds89

Bench
Luai for the most part has been very good all year. Arguably has been the 5/8 of the year..

Hes struggled without nath as the whole team. Hes had to deal with injury and fatigue from his first origin series.

He proved in origin his a big game player who can come up with the goods.

He however is not nath. I think some on here expect him just to steer the team round like nath and fill his shoes..

May, burton and luai arent those kinda players but IC is adamant of keeping things stable. I understand it but it hasnt worked to date..

Hopefully he lets burton and luai play a little bit more freely. Would love to see them both run the ball a lot, especially as some of melbs big forwards get tired.

Smug Panther

First Grade
Luai for the most part has been very good all year. Arguably has been the 5/8 of the year..

Hes struggled without nath as the whole team. Hes had to deal with injury and fatigue from his first origin series.

He proved in origin his a big game player who can come up with the goods.

He however is not nath. I think some on here expect him just to steer the team round like nath and fill his shoes..

May, burton and luai arent those kinda players but IC is adamant of keeping things stable. I understand it but it hasnt worked to date..

Hopefully he lets burton and luai play a little bit more freely. Would love to see them both run the ball a lot, especially as some of melbs big forwards get tired.
Did he even touch the ball in the Broncos half last week? He was no where. He needs the ball in his hands twice a set

Latest posts