What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs. Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs Discussion

Big Pete

Referee
Canterbury-Bankstown Bulldogs vs. Brisbane Broncos
Belmore Sports Ground, Saturday 15 July 2023
Kick Off: 3:00pm

CBY2023TEAM.png

1. Jake Averillo 2. Blake Wilson 3. Braidon Burns 4. Jacob Kiraz 5. Josh Addo-Carr 6. Matt Burton 7. Toby Sexton 8. Max King 9. Reed Mahoney 10. Raymond Faitala-Mariner 11. Jackson Topine 12. Jacob Preston 13. Corey Waddell

14. Kyle Flanagan 15. Kurtis Morrin 16. Tevita Pangai Junior 17. Jayden Okunbor

19. Fa'amanu Brown 20. Jeral Skelton 21. Reece Hoffman 22. Paul Alamoti 23. Chris Patolo

BRI2023TEAM.png

1. Tristan Sailor 2. Corey Oates 3. Kotoni Staggs 4. Herbie Farnworth 5. Selwyn Cobbo 6. Ezra Mam 7. Adam Reynolds 8. Keenan Palasia 9. Billy Walters 10. Corey Jensen 11. Kurt Capewell 12. Brendan Piakura 13. Kobe Hetherington

14. Tyson Smoothy 15. Xavier Willison 16. Jesse Arthars 17. Martin Taupau

18. Deine Mariner 19. Patrick Carrigan 20. Jock Madden 21. Delouise Hoeter 22. Jordan Pereira​

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
The Broncos will be without Payne Haas after he sustained an ankle injury against the Dolphins.

In some better news Kurt Capewell has recovered from his quad tendon injury and while he didn't train due to a stomach bug he will take his place in the backrow.

The pack will really have to hold their own like they did against the Warriors if the Broncos are going to be successful. They're currently 12-6 but despite being entrenched in the Top 4 all season, they haven't really flexed their muscles or made a statement.

After last year, they can't afford to drop a game like this and will need to play better than they have the past three weeks or so where they've just done enough to get the two points.

I would not be shocked to see Logan Bayliss-Brow make his debut here. Walters may opt to give Carrigan a rest ahead of next week's game against the Rabbitohs and with Te Kura on Origin U/19 duties he'll shape as the best replacement.

This wouldn't have been a bad game to debut Blake Mozer. Unfortunately with Origin U/19s on Thursday it would be too short a notice but I think it's only a matter of time before he gets an opportunity. Apparantly Cory Paix has a groin injury, so I presume Smoothy will keep his spot. Unfortunately Smoothy hasn't made the most of his opportunity, but I hope he can settle in and play the type of footy he was at the Falcons and the Seagulls.