What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 20 vs Eels

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Under 10,000 spectators on a lovely Sunday afternoon at our spiritual home playing a traditional enemy? Well beloved STGI CEO, if that doesn’t tell you something nothing will.

TBF, Parramatta didn’t bring a lot of fans either. I was surprised that the crowd was under 9k because it seemed bigger.

nontime111

Juniors
Yes my friend share your pain .....besides the obvious " McGregor"....theres something thats really rotten about this whole set up atm ..from the board room to the dressing room to the training paddock to out in the middle on game day....in over 60 years I can honestly say this is as bad as it gets
I concur, this is by FAR I mean nothing even comes near this team as the WORST St George team Ive ever seen in all my 45 years as an obsessed fan hanging on every tackle and pass....Im beyond disgusted, I feel numb...Im sickened by this Creep Mcregors face he MUST go asap or we have NO chance!
and im sorry but half our PLAYERS totally mediocre and suck too we need HUGE cleanout ala Bennett in 2009, at the moment my only excitement or hope for any kind of future lies in this mob only...

Graham
Saab
Ravalawa
Mcinnes
Lawrie
Vaughn
Tariq
Korbin
Periera
Sailor
Field
Lomax
Luch
Ford
possibly some of the other kids coming through like Sullivan, Blacker, Timms, Kerr etc....if theyre good enough)
Id get rid of the rest Im serious...Frizz is King of the dropped ball as a match loser, Hunt sucks totally idiotic halfplay just has nothing, ALWAYS kicks like his other mediocre non interested dud Norman...always put the same lack of any twist mediocre lame plop strait up in the air to merely give away the ball to the opposition week in week out, year in yea rout! this is the killer! and it kills us every single game! these so called champion 'halves' ... lame uneffective high school KICK on the 5th strait up all the time on earth to be caught with no chase, DO SOMETHING ELSE< VARY YOUR %(*^ FIFTH TACKLE OPTION YOUR HALVES!!!!

the rest are just reserve graders and need to go....

pps....Havent I written EXACTLY the same piece about 5 years in a row?????? only with the odd different mediocre player highlighted....remember Mcrone? Marketo? now we got Aitken, Latimore....thank god that idiots retiring aswell!

Last edited:
That shit was hard to watch......again! I don't think Jesus Christ could save the Dragons if he was the assistant to Maryl
They played like a pack of uncoordinated crayfish. Long gone are the days when the Dragons were described with reverence. They are now viewed as one of the less than ordinary clubs by most outside the St George fraternity. Devastatingly bad coaching, recruitment and club management are at the core of the demise. Long suffering fans deserve better.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
My favourite today
"as a coach you've just got to make sure you're comfortable being uncomfortable."
Or this one Dennis...."today obviously puts away any thought of playing finals regardless of the results"...........
Like seriously what does it take to get into this blokes head that it was over weeks ago......the bloke just doesnt get it does he......if the board wont do it give it away yourself Mary your making a bigger fool of yourself than you already are

Last edited:

hermidale1

Juniors
I'm tired of hearing " sack this player, sack that player". The coach selects the team. He decides who drop and who to promote. He has the game plan. He is the start and finish. He is the one that should be sacked. Instead he's got his head in the sand and moving on assistants and support staff. Players aren't happy and he is the reason.
Get rid of him!!!

grouch

First Grade
I concur, this is by FAR I mean nothing even comes near this team as the WORST St George team Ive ever seen in all my 45 years as an obsessed fan hanging on every tackle and pass....Im beyond disgusted, I feel numb...Im sickened by this Creep Mcregors face he MUST go asap or we have NO chance!
and im sorry but half our PLAYERS totally mediocre and suck too we need HUGE cleanout ala Bennett in 2009, at the moment my only excitement or hope for any kind of future lies in this mob only...

Graham
Saab
Ravalawa
Mcinnes
Lawrie
Vaughn
Tariq
Korbin
Periera
Sailor
Field
Lomax
Luch
Ford
possibly some of the other kids coming through like Sullivan, Blacker, Timms, Kerr etc....if theyre good enough)
Id get rid of the rest Im serious...Frizz is King of the dropped ball as a match loser, Hunt sucks totally idiotic halfplay just has nothing, ALWAYS kicks like his other mediocre non interested dud Norman...always put the same lack of any twist mediocre lame plop strait up in the air to merely give away the ball to the opposition week in week out, year in yea rout! this is the killer! and it kills us every single game! these so called champion 'halves' ... lame uneffective high school KICK on the 5th strait up all the time on earth to be caught with no chase, DO SOMETHING ELSE< VARY YOUR %(*^ FIFTH TACKLE OPTION YOUR HALVES!!!!

the rest are just reserve graders and need to go....

pps....Havent I written EXACTLY the same piece about 5 years in a row?????? only with the odd different mediocre player highlighted....remember Mcrone? Marketo? now we got Aitken, Latimore....thank god that idiots retiring aswell!
You may have been emotional after the loss yesterday, so, with all due respect, this is a dumb post. Frizzell and Hunt are Kangaroos, Norman is now an Origin player. The only thing they have in common with Marketo and McCrone is the idiot coaching them.

The problem is McGregor and the idiots keeping him in charge

Gareth67

First Grade
OKB the Dragons should have gone with Bingo waste skips they support the Dragons not WIN Corp the club would not be in this position. Bruce Gordonliv

love it WCD TBH I don’t think he cares one little bit about football all it is it’s a business deal done with his mates and the business is going the drain very quickly. It can’t come quick enough for my liking

Correct on both counts , I was pissed -off when I discovered that the garbo deal was worth approximately $10 mill. and yet those rejects from ‘ Cross Eyed Bill’s School for Financial Idiots ‘ accepted WIN’s lower offer - much bluudy lower .

You couldn’t send those fools out to do your weekly shopping at IGA as they would probably return home with a grocery bag full of candle sticks - the Dragons are run by a board of half wits !

Last edited:
huntb-190804_gt_09.jpg

DRAGONS

McGregor says new feeling will be difficult to accept
Author
Alicia Newton NRL.com Reporter
Timestamp
Sun 4 Aug 2019, 09:10 PM
newtonalicia-head.png

A deflated St George Illawarra coach Paul McGregor says it will be hard to accept his side are out of finals contention.

The Dragons showed little in their 12-4 loss to the Eels despite several opportunities to draw level with the visitors in an otherwise dire contest in Kogarah.

McGregor has already labelled 2019 as one of the toughest he'd ever been a part of but the reality finally kicked following the result with the Dragons officially knocked out of finals contention.

"It's the first time in my coaching career I haven't been in a semi-finals position at this time of the year," McGregor said.

"The last couple of weeks have been pretty hard because when you're not winning games you're out of finals contention. You build your whole year and team around that so it's difficult.

"I'm not going to hide the fact when you're not winning games of footy everyone wants to know why and the reasons behind it.

Match Highlights: Dragons v Eels

"Everyone wants to come at you and attack you but as a coach you've just got to make sure you're comfortable being uncomfortable."

The Dragons have several reasons to finish the season strong in 2019 with James Graham in line to play his 400th first grade game (including Super League matches) next week against the Gold Coast.

Dragons skipper Gareth Widdop will also depart the club at season's end after working his way back from a shoulder reconstruction.

Ravalawa gets the Dragons back in the match

"[I've got to] stay composed and still keep the boys confident," McGregor said.

"I'm competitive as ever and you just want to make sure you finish on a strong note. There's a part of me that wants to win, a big part."

McGregor was confident the team would continue to show a desire he believes has been there over the past fortnight despite the results not going in their favour against the Eels and Rabbitohs.

"We played two teams in the top six who are playing with a bit of confidence," he said.

"We're down on confidence and not winning games of footy. Everything is a little bit clunky. Our execution is not where it needs to be.

"I don't think the effort was any different than last week."

McGregor was confident prop Paul Vaughan won't have a case to answer for two crusher tackles – one of which was placed on report – in the side's loss.

Vaughan left the field with a dislocated finger in the second half in a mixed game for the NSW prop.

"I just feel that Parramatta are a good offload side and they spin well in tackles so their backing into the contact," he said of Vaughan's tackling efforts.

"Sometimes you can't avoid those tackles. There was too many of them. They're pretty hard to avoid."

https://www.nrl.com/news/2019/08/04/mcgregor-says-new-feeling-will-be-difficult-to-accept/
You watch he’ll rock up to the semis with the side suited up and sitting in the crowd in their playing gear because he can’t accept missing the semis lol

They played like a pack of uncoordinated crayfish. Long gone are the days when the Dragons were described with reverence. They are now viewed as one of the less than ordinary clubs by most outside the St George fraternity. Devastatingly bad coaching, recruitment and club management are at the core of the demise. Long suffering fans deserve better.
Even the Dogs are showing massive improvement and play with pride in their jumper.
They have gone from being whipping boys to a team that's hard to beat.
With a much more talented squad, we still can't jag a face saving win.

hazzbeen

Bench
Even the Dogs are showing massive improvement and play with pride in their jumper.
They have gone from being whipping boys to a team that's hard to beat.
With a much more talented squad, we still can't jag a face saving win.
The only way we will win a game this year is if the other team lose it ....

qld redvee

Juniors
Guys couldnt watch the game in full yesterday - can you advise how he used the bench and how long the replacements got ?? seemed like james graham played his fair share of minutes straight ( as per usual) Interesting to see the rotation as he was looking for more input ,,, thanks

possm

Coach
Mrs Possm says that they are ruining her life. She said after yesterdays game, she will be going out next time they play because she does not want to put up with my bad mood afterwards.

Mrs Possm compared the team to a bunch of mannequins who have no brain, no heart and no soul.

hazzbeen

Bench
Mrs Possm says that they are ruining her life. She said after yesterdays game, she will be going out next time they play because she does not want to put up with my bad mood afterwards.

Mrs Possm compared the team to a bunch of mannequins who have no brain, no heart and no soul.
Mrs Possm is a very smart woman .......

qld redvee

Juniors

sounds like the wizard of OZ !!!! and as supporters if we just follow the yellow brick road we might just end up where ? And Mrs Possm might just be describing the one and only supercoach